I often wish as I read your blogs that I could see more of you, the authors. During Christmas there were no photos of me and Gracyn, but I did ask DH to take some pictures of just the two of us on our way out to Costco before the holidays got started. . .This is my second attempt at this post. I guess these blogs aren't meant to about me, huh? The other draft somehow got deleted. Oh well, hopefully this version is better!
This blog has been to document our family's journey through life, but especially created for other's to follow our adoption story. Sure, DH has done a few posts, and it's become about the whole family, not just Taiwan, but let's face it, most of our followers are tied to adoption or our family. So, I thought as the author, I'd take a moment to thank each and every one of you for following us through 2008. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be in Taiwan in tears without your comments to lift me up. I can't imagine not following all of your journeys and being inspired to do similar posts. What a learning experience this whole process has been.
New Year's Day marks 4 months since the day I held Gracyn in my arms for the very first time. We've come a long way. In Taiwan she wanted nothing to do with me and I had no idea how we'd ever board a plane for such a long flight. Since coming home she has fully attached to me, and is growing so much in her bond with daddy and brother. I secretly enjoy the fact that I'm still her source of comfort and that she wants mommy all the time! She's a girly-girl. Sits still for piggies and bows, loves to watch me apply make up and get her nose powdered. She finally learned how to wear socks! We have yet to try tights again - that will be a goal for 2009! She has gained about five pounds, her hair looks to have a grown a few inches. She loves to eat sausage, snack foods, veggies, fish, meat, apples and peanut butter. She's content to sit by me and doodle as I write this very post. She is mama's girl!
As I look at the pictures below and I reflect on the past few months, I am in true amazement. To feel my daughter in my arms, her cheek pressed against mine and her face lit up with a smile that melts my heart is such a blessing. Since becoming a mom I have taken thousands of pictures and am in very few. I recall putting together our dossier and having to search for a picture or two with me in it! I love to capture my children on film. Their silly smiles, their "smirky" smiles, their "full of joy" smiles, even their grumpy faces, and their tears. I also enjoy seeing photos of me with my children. On the other side of the camera, here I am. . .the author. . .Me and my daughter. She feels so right to me. She's all mine. Cheek to cheek, smiles galore. . .Happy New Year from us to you. Thank you for following our journey in 2008. We hope you'll follow us in 2009. It wouldn't be the same without you!







No comments:
Post a Comment