3.21.2011

Happy Belated Birthday Buh-Buh!

How in the world is it already March, and how did I not manage to get a post done for my buh-buh??? My first born turned 6 in February. I have a "big kid". . . a kid with homework, a kid with permanent teeth, a kid who can ride a two-wheeled bike with ease, a kid who knows he should cover his eyes if a "kissing scene" comes on TV (yes, this does happen on Disney!), and a kid who can make his own snack, pour his own milk, and use an iphone. He's also still my baby. He still loves his Mommy time. His cuddle time. He still asks permission to eat treats, cries when he gets into trouble, and is scared of the dark. (Who am I kidding? I'm still afraid of the dark!)

 

My buh-buh has a good heart. He's sometimes misunderstood. But he and I share a bond that's unique, and very dear to my heart. He is the one who's entrance into the world changed my role in life forever. He made me a Mom six years ago. He and I share a lot in common. I understand my Buh-Buh like no else does. I know what makes him tick, what will make him happy, how to make him laugh, how to prepare him for change, when he's lying or tricking as he calls it.

At 6, Peyton loves basketball, likes soccer, and wouldn't want me to write this, but still has a thing for Hannah. (The blond HM) He enjoys being outside, is very inquisitive, is known to be a "reporter" telling the world all the stuff he should keep to himself. He loves to call me on my cell phone, enjoys school and writing in his many journals. He loves the water - the beach, swimming, getting me with cold water sprays, playing in the sink. . .

Peyt - don't grow up too fast bud. Mommy might not be able to carry you anymore, and I know sometimes growing up is hard, and you wish you could be a baby again. I love you big boy. And yes, you will always be my baby. Don't forget who's dancing with you on your wedding day.

I've been meaning to finish this birthday post which is way overdue, and couldn't decide on what photo of Peyton to use. . .until I remembered this one. This was truly a candid shot - grabbed the camera, ran, left it in auto and click. . .it captures something very special about Peyton. What a great big brother he's become this past year. Going from the "only" to having two little sisters in a year's time is no easy task. . .He's succeeded. Can you tell?  In addition to loving his sisters, he teaches them great things. . .he's convinced Addi that the flashlight the Mac's gave her for Halloween last year is a Wii remote!  Good job, Peyt. . .good job.


9 comments:

The Family K. said...

I love that shot of the two kids. Peyton sounds like an amazing brother and an amazing boy all around. (Man, I wish William were still young enough to be duped by that flashlight-for-Wii-controller trick!)

Jill said...

Oh my!!! It has been so long since I have checked in with your Sweet Peas!! Happy 6th Birthday Peyton!!! You make your mommy so PROUD!!!!!!!! :)
Hugs, Jill

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff I LOL when I read he tells things that he shouldn't.
Like my __ has a Girlfriend!!!!
xo,
Kate

michelle said...

That is such an adorable picture! True love!! Peyton must have loved that doughnut cake. It looked mighty delicious! What a sweet boy, makes you wish he could stay "6" forever!!

lorabelle said...

I SOOO get the love between a Mommy and her boy, especially the first born...
Happy Birthday Mr. Peyton. I hope that your 6th rocks!
It's wonderful to hear what a good big brother he is and quite the salesman too! (convincing Addie that the flashlight was a Wii remote was good!)
Keep enjoying your little man Tiff. His smile is so pure and genuine it melts my heart.

Ps. My Mother-in-law "cut-in" on mine and Chris's first Wedding dance as husband & wife... Please don't do that. Lol!

Staci said...

What a sweet picture of the oldest and youngest! Happy Birthday to the oldest sweet pea. It's weird to have a kid that old huh? It amazes me everyday how independent Natalie can be, I savor the kisses and cuddles.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Happy Birthday big man! :) Your a great mama Tiff!

Tiffany said...

Love the photo of your babies!!!!
I miss stopping by your blog and sorry I haven't been by in a while...
Happy late birthday to your sweet, handsome Peyton!!!

Adoptive Mommy x 3 said...

Aww! Happy belated birthday to Emi's sweet boy!! xoxoxo!