1.18.2011

Our 2010 Christmas, Raw and Unedited!

I've come full circle. . .blogging used to be about getting that photo uploaded, and writing my post. As I started getting more into Picasa, I started to do collages. As I started getting more into photography, I wanted to edit each photo. And today, well, it's past Mid-January, and we are a real family, with real photos, and a real schedule, that's really busy. . .so here's our REAL Christmas. Candid shots, nothing picture perfect, but they are our memories!

Big kids opening their first stocking stuffer gifts from the elves.
 
First stocking stuffer gifts of the season didn't interest the big kids, but Mommy the elves succeeded with Addi's!
 
Can you tell she loves balls?
 
She REALLY loves them. . .
 
And yes, more is better. . .and she managed to hold both of these togther just long enough to snap a shot!
 
Addi: "Hmmmmm. . .that's interesting. My doggy, um, I mean my brother pretending to be a doggy." (Shhhh! That's why I crawl around and bark too - all thanks to this guy.)
 
Yes, he really does think he's a dog. . .
 
And yes, Addi climbs on top of EVERYTHING, and yes, I actually let her stay up there long enough for a picture. . .
 
or maybe just two pictures. . .this time she has supervisors on both ends!
 
Peyton and Gracyn love to entertain Addi! (Well, unless she's breaking up train sets in which case they like to close doors on her fingers.)
 
Christmas Eve. . .
Opening stocking stuffers from the elves again! Seemed everyone wanted what the other had. . .
 
Do you think these two look alike or what?
 
This is Addi's modified ASL sign for more. (Guess her brother ate it all!)
 
A family tradition. . .WON TON!!
 
I admit, I have more photos of Addi than the other two - She's simply easier to catch. The older they get, the better they are at avoiding the camera.

Addi eating a black bottom cupcake for the first time. This was the recipe my mom was known for!
 
Addi has mastered playing the harmonica! Note to self: Must load the video footage!
 
Addi getting a bow for her bare noggin.
 
Addi: "What's so funny big guy? I think you'd be cute with one on your head too!"
 
Peyton and his second cousin - the winners of the puzzle contest!
 
Gracyn and her second cousin - partners for the puzzle contest!
 
Little Miss Mommy helping Addi put on a jacket that was just handed down to Gracyn.
 
Addi: "Oh no! Where did everyone go?!"
 
Christmas Morning. . .and the ball is still a hit.
 
Now what kind of Santa bring a kid a whoopee cushion for Christmas?! GEEZ. (A "Santa" who lets her kid wear skulls on his PJ pants two years in a row and a t-shirt that's too small in the middle of winter, that's who.) Tossed out the idea of cute matching PJ's for the boy years ago!
 
Awww, isn't she sweet?
 
And the girls match! Perfect children, aren't they?
 
All smiles, full of joy. . .
 
YEAH RIGHT. . .let the fun begin. Round 1. (Notice, the doll house is NOT assembled. Oh, and it still isn't. Some people are smart and put these things together while their angels sleep. Not so much in our house.)
 

Round 2
 
Round 3
 
He doens't like the doll house, he just wanted a picture with it to rub it in his sister's face. And I complied??
 
Nope, we don't stop taking pictures or rolling the video camera for blow outs on Christmas. . .
 
But we did stop for a time-out. Doesn't do much with smiling baby visiting you while you do time, and dishing out hugs. . .
 
Or high-fives. . .
 
And no, she didn't get a time-out - she's just pretending. Sad face and all!
 
Okay guys - just one picture, okay?! Take one.
 
Take 2 or 3. . .don't tell your kids to say "ho, ho, ho" - Stick with "cheese". . .there's a reason for it!
 
A keeper. . .
 
And a bonus one for good measure.
 
Message to my sweet peas:
Well, time's up - I've spent over an hour working on this post, so this it kids. I have lots more to share about Christmas Day, but if you want clean underwear, this will have to suffice. I'll do my best to post more before the year is over!!! Love you lots!

15 comments:

snekcip said...

Love it!! Now thats as REAL as it gets on Christmas!! Love the pics and the captions! However, I think Addi is gonna get the last laugh when YEARS from now she can use that picture against her brother posing w/a dollhouse! Talking about PRIME BLACkMAIL material! :)

Angie said...

LOVE all the pictures!! So glad you posted them...better late than never!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

The Family K. said...

Your house looks like the fun house, even with the occasional scuffle between the young ones(the blow-by-blow pictures of the fight had me chuckling.) I always love seeing those big smiles on your kids.

lorabelle said...

These pictures cracked me up. Too Funny and oh so cute!!!

Tiffany said...

Love the REAL photos!!!!

Christel Ann Cook said...

oh my word!!!!!! could they get any CUTER!!!!!!!! someday i will get our pictures up from Christmas 2010!! :)

Cindy said...

glad you got around to posting these they are sooo everyone's christmas, happy siblings one min. sad the next then the time outs, never mind its an everyday event at ours.
P.S. we have the same dollhouse, my girls totally love it.

Cindy said...

glad you got around to posting these they are sooo everyone's christmas, happy siblings one min. sad the next then the time outs, never mind its an everyday event at ours.
P.S. we have the same dollhouse, my girls totally love it.

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

girrrrrl, you know it is all about keeping it REAL, cause you know what? REAL is all we got going for us!! I love real and they are REALLY cute, skulls and all.

I say you could have saved some money and just stuck with balls for Addi this year, and well Tell G I will fly up and put her house together for her and we will go at it with the dolls, this mama so loves the dollhouse!! Get that thing put together even if someone has to wear a dirty pair one day, so WORTH IT!!!

Thanks for sharing, loved them!!!

michelle said...

I love the pictures of Addi with the balls. She looked so excited and so cute. Love her smile.

Lexie has that ball that you press that lights up and spins. She is always playing with that. Kids are just fascinated with glowing lights!!

I can relate to not setting up toys prior to Christmas. Lexie got a kitchen set and we only assembled not too long ago. The dollhouse is amazing. Gracyn will love playing with it.

Lisa said...

LOVE it all my friend!!! Raw and uncut still means a whole lotta joy and cuteness times 3!!!!!

All the better I say!!!!!

XOXO

Tisra said...

Too much cuteness in one house!!!!!

Annie said...

Oh they are SO animated and look how big Addi is getting! Yes, I do know of a few whoopie cushion gifts for my boys throughout the years. Come on.. it's always good for a million laughs!

teena said...

Oh, Tiff, I just LOVE all these photos, your commentary, all of it! I just got a chance to look through it all and just have to say, your family is beautiful. You are truly blessed. Oh, and please continue blogging - and more frequently if possible!! :o)

Ruth said...

Not only am I behind on posting, I'm behind on reading as well! Really enjoyed your post (as I always do). Looks like you guys had a great time on Christmas. The kids are beautiful and look to be a ton of fun, matching PJs or not. Hope your New Year is a wonderful one.