5.18.2008

Care Package #4


I've been so lucky that other Mom's are willing to make room in their luggage to hand deliver care packages!!! This time, Linda, Rudd's Mommy is taking it with her on a very joyous trip - Linda is bringing Rudd home!! Rudd is in Ping Tung just like Gracyn!!

I kept the contents to a minimum this time. Well, sort of. I managed to get it all into a quart sized bag! That's small compared to the normal gallon-sized one I've been sending.

But, here's the thing - I got LOTS packed into it. I'm a great packer. I rolled the tank top and squeezed it into one slipper. And then, I jammed 5-6 links into the other. I saved space by not including an album of photos. I laminated them and put them on a ring. I had to include a toy - so, I sent a flip-phone. Hoping this will encourage "make-believe play" and that she'll be stimulated by the colors and sounds! Shorts are protecting the talking frame. Yes, we had to send our voices, and of course I almost forgot. I was just about ready to stuff and package up for mailing, when my dear "5-minute friend" called - She's not really a 5-minute friend, she's my life-line, but we've only known each other for a short time, hence 5-minute reference. Well, while on the phone, mind you, she's shopping at Ikea while I'm panicking trying to get this care package together before Peyton wakes up, she proceeds to ask what I'm sending. I mention the phone, and she says, "Oh the one where you record your voice?" - "WHAT?!" I say. ". . .there's a phone that records your voice?!" Followed by some not so good words of course. Yep, there's a phone that records your voice, but I don't have time to go get one, so she suggests a little photo key chain that you record your voice on to save on space and to save me from a trip to Target. And then I remembered. . .my Aunt gave me a small photo frame in which my cousin's laugh as a baby was recorded. How could I record over this special gift?!!! I took a picture of it, listened to her laugh a few times, reminded myself that she's now in kindergarten, and justified it as a good cause.

We recorded our voices. . .
Mommy: "Hi Baby, Mommy loves you."
Daddy: "and Daddy loves you.
Mommy: "Come home soon!"

Whew. . .we did it! Smallest, but hardest package I've put together yet. No camera this time - no room. But I was satisfied with the contents. Then panic set in - what if it doesn't arrive at Linda's in time?!!! I prayed - no worrying allowed - trust that God will get it there safely. Sure enough - it made it!!

Thanks Linda!!!!!

1 comment:

Irena said...

HI!

I am really hoping you get that call soon and FIANLLY meet that beautiful girl of yours! All the best,
Irena