Here's the truth, from my almost five-year old kid's perspective:
"Uh, yeah Mom, she doesn't look like you. . ."
What I wanted to say, "Yeah, yeah. . .

Are you sure Addi? Not even a teeny tiny little bit of Mommy in ya????

The real reason why I haven't blogged? I'm simplifying my life. I'm purging and it feels so good! The house is empty. I sold it, gave it away, or it's stored in the bedrooms in order to put new floors in! WOO HOO!!! Now how in the heck is putting in new floors simple? I have no idea, but at least it will feel great when it's done!
9 comments:
Reading your post makes me want to go and empty out everything in my house. Congratulations on taking that big step forward.
And fwiw, if Addi doesn't look like you now, she may very well in a couple of years. Kids change so much.
awwww you and miss addi are both beautiful!! She gets that from you!!! :) Wow! I want your energy :) Bet the floors will be great! Taht was something I wanted done before NOAH! LOL and now we are getting closer to Jeremiah and still have not got my new floor! LOL
hugs
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Oh, I have to agree with Tami ~ I see much beauty reflected in that mirror! And they DO change oh so quickly.....next month she could morph into your "mini me"!! :)
I just bet she has your sweet disposition too & oodles and oodles of Big Bro's and Big Sis' charm ~ not to mention their major cuteness too!
O.K....looking around now, noticing some clutter that needs to GO!! You have inspired me!! Yay!
And please don't ever worry about going MIA for a bit....we miss ya, but SO completely understand!!
So glad that all is well and good on your end!!
Hugs!
OOOhhh new floors! That sounds exciting!!! I'd like to get things put up long enough to just get mine cleaned...Don't see that happening anytime soon though!
Precious Mommy and Addie picture! She does look a lot like her daddy, but I think she's smiley like her Mama!
New floors *is* stressful! We had to do that when we moved in here a few years ago (had to is no joke... the original builder grade carpet was 11 years old and wearing through (!) in some spots). So, I feel your pain. Post pictures when you're finished!
For what it's worth, the picture of you two in the mirror.... I actually see that her nose resembles yours! I'm not even lying! What are your baby pictures like? Our oldest son, I'm told, "looks nothing like you". But, when people see my childhood pictures (especially around age 3, 4, 5) they say, "wow!!! That looks just like Grant!" Makes me wonder how he'll appear as he ages (he's 9 now).
Anyway... being an adoptive mommy... you know it makes a hill of beans difference! Dorothy is so much my daughter that I don't see any difference when I look at her. I'm fully convinced her little black booty and pucker lips came right from me! And, without a doubt, she has her Daddy's nibble-able ear lobes. :-)
I spent some time looking through your blog and I look forward to spending some more. Your children are adorable!! You look like such a loving family :o)
I wanted to thank you so very much for your comment on my blog!! You said so many wonderful things that I have taken to heart.
I was thinking up a blog note in my head, one that has not completely formed, but it was in regard to feeling isolated and alone sometimes. I talk to Aviana and Kama all day long and I realize it is very lonely to not have anyone talk back :o( Many times, I feel like my blog is my only real connection to the outside world (geez, I need to get out more, but it's so hard to) Thank you so much for reminding me that my readers care and I am not really alone.
Thank you for reading, thank you for caring for us, thank you, thank you, thank you :o)
Take care,
Jen
Tiff- You've inspired me to blog... but in moderation! Yay for the simple, focus of what matters. So excited to see what's been new. Miss you. Love, J
sabaroos.blogspot.com
Now that sounds like my kind of simplifying!! I'm glad you're doing well and jealous that you are getting new floors.
Be blessed,
Courtney
Hey Tiffanie! Thanks for stopping by my blog and of course you can follow along! I have also added you to my list as well. Looking forward to learning with everyone and making new friends.
thanks Ally
Post a Comment