Kiddos were up past midnight, and we didn't even do the count down! We were getting ready for bed. But, they did enjoy sparkly juice and had a blast with horns and hats! Addi didn't get to wear her hat until this morning - and isn't she a cutie?
Our Christmas. . .
For the past two years we have challenged ourselves to spend less and to give more. We participate in Advent Conspiracy and this year the money raised was used towards Project Keep it Flowing. Keep it Flowing Ministry is committed to keeping life’s basic necessities flowing to the people who live on the streets of the “North B” area. It was formed to respond to the needs of our homeless community by serving and sharing for the Kingdom of God. This effort is supported by members of our church and our network of family and friends. This year we were able to share with 60 people who call the streets their home, duffel bags filled with brand new 30 degree sleeping bags, tarps, water bottles, socks, gloves, scarves, hats, water, snacks, toothbruses, tooth paste and hand santizer. As Peyton would say in his prayers, "God, please keep the people who don't have homes warm and comfy."
Christmas Eve we do a fun exchange at DH's Grandma's house.
Gifts hand made with love from each child for us!
I can't believe how much Gracyn has changed since last Christmas. Actually, I can't believe how much our family has changed, or better yet, grown.
Gracyn really got the hang of Christmas this year, and couldn't stop talking about Santa. Actually, she's still talking about it! G: "Santa, treat??" Me: "No sweet girl, Santa went home."
The weather was beautiful on Christmas day. Peyton enjoyed his new scooter from Gong-Gong, and of course my little girlfriend had to ride along too!
My littlest Sweet Pea's very first Christmas, and she slept through almost every bit of it!
Gracyn is like that doll, "little Mommy". She's a girl after her Mommy's heart. Work that camera girlfriend! She recently started talking up a storm. Peyton has actually had to tell her to be quiet, and all I hear 24/7 is "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" in her sweet little voice! Not Mom, not Mama, but Mommy. I typically hate the "junk" cluttering up the background of photos. However, I love how the cutter you see includes our engagement photo and the camera that Grandma allowed Gracyn to take pictures with.
Thank you God for my family. You certainly must have been thinking about me when you made each and every single member of our household.
Every holiday we go to the cemetery as a family and hang out. With each passing Christmas we stay longer and there's a lot more joy! This year it was great to see smiles and laughter.
Mom - we know you were smiling down on us watching the boys be silly. And yes, Mom, Darryl is riding a Dora scooter.
Isn't my Dad handsome?
My Dad makes won ton every Christmas. This year he made about three or four hundred! All by hand, and all by himself!
The last ride of 2009. . .It is such a blessing to see the two big kids enjoying each other. They have always seemed close, even from day one, but now they are two peas in a pod. Gracyn copies everything Peyton does! Then again, when I ask, "Who did that?" she's quick to say, "buh-buh". . .always ratting her brother out!
Wishing each of you a year filled with an abundance of blessings! Thank you for sharing in our our journey through life. We are looking forward to what 2010 holds.
















9 comments:
I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures. You did a beautiful job putting everything together.
I love Gracyn and Addi's matching dresses. They look so cute!
Looks like you've had a wonderful holiday.
Oh, and I've always thought your dad is handsome. :-)
I'm so thankful for many things in this new year.......
Among them was our mutual stumbling upon each other's blogs...I don't even recall all the details now, but feel so blessed to have gotten to know your family & your beautiful spirit & Mama's heart through this medium.
Your photos just always astound and always leave me wanting just a smidge more of those darling faces! You have many gifts and if blogging is an art ( and I believe it may well be) you are a top artist!
But most of all, I cherish & appreciate the way your writing welcomes us all in with open arms and invites us to settle in and share in the daily snippets and happenings of your family life. It feels like knocking on the door of a dear friend and being welcomed in for tea and girl chat! :)
Wishing you all continued blessings in this new year and I can't wait to see what adventures come to your family next!
P.S. LOVE ALL the collages, especially of your Dad ~ I know how you all treasure him and how he in turn must treasure each of you! In his smiling & kind eyes, I sense the echo of your Mom also ~ she must have embraced life in much the same way as he does....as you do!
Hugs!
WOW...You have been so busy! These pictures are Fantastic and I love the way you scrap-booked them together like you did...Your talent continues to amaze me!
I think it is beautiful the way you give to your community during the holiday instead of going overboard with eachother... It really makes me stop and think about how much is actually wasted because our kids get way too much and don't really even understand or appreciate it at this age.
Perhaps next year we will harder and giving back as well...
Your family is so beautiful Tiff!
It looks and sounds like it was a Christmas full of fun traditions and wonderful times together. The montages were lovely. I especially liked the one of Gracyn running in her red outfit. Nicely done, Momma!
Big hus Tiff! :) Thanks so much for sharing all the pics and such with us. I could not read everything on the pics because they were so small for me, but I loved it all :) I love the glimpse into your life. I remember our late night chats before we each traveled so close to each other to get our sweet Taiwan loves! :) I love watching your family grow and live :) Wish Gong gong could make me some cream cheese wonton! heehee
hugs friend,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Oh! Your blog is so beautiful to read. I just can't say that enough. I thoroughly enjoy reading, every time.
Happy New Year!
Courtney
Your Dad is so beautiful, but then again so is his family.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful family and faith.
Blessings,
Debra
I love all the photos. Your family has been completely transformed in the last 1.5 yrs huh? You have a beautiful family! And you do a really good job with the digital scrapbooking (Is that what you call it?). Number 4 in 2010? Just wondering... :)
Holli
Just stopped by to look at your beautiful photo pages again, in hopes that you might have posted again and perhaps it just wasn't showing on my sidebar. That sometimes happens...
Anyway, when I saw Holli's comment I had to giggle! How 'bout it Tiff, what's one more!?? Hee hee hee...
Post a Comment