6.23.2010

Happy 9 Months Addi-boo!

First of all, can I just say that I miss blogging? I miss my outlet. I miss being able to document our journey through life on a more frequent basis. I miss sharing the funny moments, the challenging moments, and the moments to be celebrated with you. I miss the peace and quiet of "BLOGGING" by myself in the dark, in front of my laptop. I miss the BLOGGING BREAK and "me time"..

So, Addi is over 9 months now, but I'm going to blame her for me not being able to post this on time. (Off to a great start, huh?) She has become quite the wiggle worm, and loves to be carried all the time. Blame Gong-Gong for that one. She is loving table food, and feeding herself carrots, bananas, bagel bits, puffs, che*rios. . .oh, and she loves those sprinkled sugar cookies from the bakery. Oops, I mean those yummy Gerb*r baby cookies. . . Shhhhhh. I gave Addi-boo a nibble or two or three of Gracyn's. Gotta love the local grocery store for their free cookies and a weak and desperate Mom who will do anything to get the baby to sit in the cart for just a few more minutes without knowing if she is or isn't allergic to any ingredients in the darn cookie.

Addi is army crawling forwards now, but still spins around her tummy and scoots backwards. She's discovered that being on hardwood means she can slide around faster. She is all about Mommy. Cries if she hears my footsteps or voice. She's curious, loves to play with her brother and sister, she can be shy at moments, and also very, very loud. She bangs the tray for more food, she sings along when she hears us singing, she copies "crying" if she hears her OLDER siblings behave like big babies are having difficulty understanding the definition of "No." She still loves to clap and claps when she wants me to pick her up. She prefers a bath, but will take a shower, and she doesn't mind water in her eyes. (Which is a good thing since we're getting a pool.) I still hate water in my eyes, so I vowed to pour water on my kids in the bath so they'd learn to like it. She sleeps through the night in our bed and falls asleep easily with me next to her with her arms wrapped around her seahorse (it used to be my arm!) And well, she still doesn't have much hair. And that's my fault because I refuse to shave it to make it come in thicker, right?

And yes, I know, she has a rather large head and that she would definitely benefit from some hair, but what are you gonna do. . .and don't tell me it's not big. Here's the proof. And if you don't believe the below, try putting a babn headband on her - I think not people. Give her the adult-sized one and we won't have to rub out those indentations in her head!

Her growth percentiles from her last three measurements are summarized below:
RECENT WEIGHT READING(S)
Date Wt
06/02/2010 7.63 kg (16 lb 13.1 oz) (22%)
03/24/2010 6.905 kg (15 lb 3.6 oz) (30%)
01/13/2010 6.226 kg (13 lb 11.6 oz) (57%)

RECENT HEIGHT READING(S)
Date Ht
06/02/2010 0.705 m (2' 3.75") (68%)
03/24/2010 0.667 m (2' 2.25") (65%)
01/13/2010 0.629 m (2' 0.75") (74%)

RECENT HEAD SIZE READING(S):
Date HC
06/02/2010 45.1 cm (17.76") (85%)
03/24/2010 43.4 cm (17.09") (74%)
01/13/2010 41.3 cm (16.26") (64%)

They go on to provide the summary like this:
21.68% of growth percentile based on weight-for-age. 67.64% of growth percentile based on length-for-age. 85.21% of growth percentile based on head circumference-for-age.

Yeah, yeah, 85 point 21 percent to be exact on her head circumference-for-age. And this was taken almost a month ago. Yikes. Bet those carrots and 'nanas made it even bigger!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And just for fun. . .here's her face when she isn't really crying. Good faker, huh?
 

And this is when she really is crying. Oh, and yes, I do keep shooting even while she's mad. I just start feeding her puffs to get through the rest. Please don't judge me. . .I know she had a runny nose, was tired, and hungry, but seriously, she turned 9 MONTHS. What's a Mom to do? I HAD to capture her on the day she turned 9 months, right?! (Well, not to mention we were heading out for a vacation the following day, so I really had no other choice. . .) What can I say, I'm a dedicated Mommy! LOL

 

Happy 9 months Addi-boo. Mommy loves you with all her heart and I think you are perfect just the way you are, big noggin and all! I secretly love when you cry for me, or hide on my shoulder so no one will take you from me. I love our quiet time at night, and I get a kick out of you eating like a big girl. You are so ready to try to keep up with Peyton and Gracyn. I'm just not sure that I'm so ready. . .

Let me enjoy the baby in you for just a bit more. Pretty Please? I am so blessed to be your Mommy.


Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! Your family is so beautiful.

As for the previous post, I have a "union" gal too. Everything Peter does, Caroline wants to do. Unfortunately, Peter is almost 11 and she is just 6. However, she has told me she wants to "pee like a boy" and has tried to over the toilet. Not a fun cleanup. I have, however, let her pee in nature, but it requires removal of clothing and hiding behind a bush. :)

The Family K. said...

Aww... pretty baby! It's fun to read about her emerging character. Happy 9 months, Addi!

Expecting Good Things said...

She is SO CUTE! I love the white dress / big smile pic and the fake crying pic. I know you said not to say this but I really don't think her head looks that big. Of course that comes from someone who (unfortunately) has a big head too. I hope you have time to blog more often. I miss your posts. Are you on facebook? I finally started getting into it.
Hugs, Holli

teena said...

Uh-oh, guess our little baby's got a big noggin' too - her's is also 17.7"...guess I should return those "baby" headbands I bought her, eh?

Love your photos! Addi is so photogenic - crying and all. :o) The headband she's got in is extra sweet - extra stretchy fabric I'm guessing? ;o)

And for the record, Addi's head doesn't look very big at all - looks very proportional. :o)

Lisa said...

Oh Tiff ~ this is beyond precious and just perfect!! EXCEPT that for some reason your new post did NOT show up on my blog roll....grrrrrrr....on the other hand, what a grand treat to stumble upon quite by accident and I have missed your beautiful posts and sweet Mama musings!!

There are times when life gets in the way of blogging *smile* and times when a sliver of nagging worry tells me my time would be better spent! LOL BUT its also so much more now too ~ how ever could I have guessed how attached I would become to my amazing bloggy friends (*including you*) and how joyous it would be to watch their little ones grow and thrive!!

I just *heart* this beautiful baby girl! She just pulls my Mama's heart right in and oh yes, I really do grin like a loon right back at that smiling baby on the screen!

How can you stand all that mega cuteness?? What a sweetheart she is ~ and you too for that matter!!

THANK YOU also for the always kind and thoughtful comments you leave on my "doorstep" ~ and don't worry aboutcomment length, cuz I seem to be the queen of wordy comments! LOL

Happy 9 mos. to your angel!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh she is beautiful! Love her fake cry and her white dress!
I am with ya... I miss blogging....
Good to see your update!!!!!!!!!! Happy 9 months Miss Addi-boo!

michelle said...

Addi is such a cutie and I think she has the perfect size head for her cute little body. I always thought my daughter's head was big, but the doctor said it was proportional. I'm still skeptical but he's the expert. I always wondered about shaving my daughter's head. She's 15 months and her hair is finally growing in, but I also heard that it does come in thicker when shaven, but was too scared to do it!

Annie said...

yay Addi- Boo! My daughter, Christina had a big head too and we had a hard time finding headbands to fit, but she's a beauty! LOVE the fake crying, mine do that too!

Andrea said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You have obviously taken our lessons to heart while I've gotten lazy and gone with the point and shoot for summer shots.

Christel Ann Cook said...

She takes my breath away!!! Your pictures are AMAZING!!! I love her big and close-to-hairless head!!! i love her eyes!!! The faker cry is hilarious! so funny! so precious!!
Christel

snekcip said...

I just found your blog via another adoption blog! I have spent half the morning adoring your beautiful photos of your precious kids! So happy to be a NEW follower of "blessed with sweet peas"

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

just email me and we can talk about spearheading some sort of gathering!!! Lisa said she would help as well!!!

jrockaway1@verizon.net