Congratulations to my preschool graduate!!!!
Peyton graduated from the Koala class, will be a Rabbit for the summer and then he begins kindergarten this fall. I am so proud of my baby. I can't believe how time flies!
I started this post over a month ago to provide an update on the sweet peas. . .
Peyton is now five and is enjoying kinderdance. (Kinderdance Presentation Photos to be posted soon!) He still loves to sing and "perform" around the house. In fact, he pointed out a picture of a group of kids, and told me he's going to be the one in the middle with the microphone, and the other two boys will be on the sides playing guitars. We're phasing out the use of timeouts and he's now losing privileges for bad behavior. He's been having some emotional outbursts, but other than that is really growing up. He even took the dog out by himself and ran up and down our driveway for exercise. We're a little concerned about his weight, but he's eating healthy and is very active, so we'll just keep working on less "junk"! Peyton is funny. Plain and simple. He knows how to call me on my cell phone and apparently knows how to redial because if I don't pick up I get 5 missed calls and I'm reprimanded when I return the call. He can carry on a mature conversation, and I have to admit his faults are my own. Sweetest conversation on Peyton handling destruction of his favorite book ever.
Me: Peyton, don't be mad, but Addi ripped a page of your book. I held my breath. . .
Peyton: It's okay mom, I love Addi, she's my baby sister and she's still learning, right? But if she weren't my family I'd be mad. (Okay. . .so we're making progress here, at least he wasn't mad at Addi for the torn page.) Update - since I wrote this over a month ago, Peyton's back to an emotional drama king. Is it an age thing or what?! Please do share.
Gracyn has completed the Panda class, and will be a lamb for the summer, and will continue on for a couple more years.
Gracyn has been home for a little over a year and a half now and she's come a long way! She is my little "Union Rep" - If Peyton has it or Peyton does it, she has to have it and do it too. And that applies to the following: Time out on the wall (Yes, she's been known to join him); Trying to pee standing up outside in the garden (We live in the country folks, and when the BOY has to go, we just let 'em. Different rules for different genders!); Making the cutest pout-face, folding her arms and stomping off if we say "no" - (Wish I could catch this one on camera!). I guess the reverse applies with the kids though, because when I painted Gracyn's nails for the first time ever (my heart is smiling) guess who else had to have nail polish applied? Yep, the big BOY. And DH was not so happy with me. I only put clear on his toes, and clear on his thumbs. I did have to hide in the bathroom with him to do it, but it made him feel included and his heart was breaking, so what is a Mom to do?! Gracyn can count to five, knows her first and last name, knows all of the names of her family members, is learning how to spell her first and last name, and she can clearly say multi-syllabic words now!!
Latest and greatest - Now you see 'em now you don't. . .Have you noticed what's different? The change cost us $2500. . .keeping 'em would have cost even more, but they weren't good enough to salvage. See below for the reveal. . .
What Gracyn reminds me to do every minute of the last 24 hours. . ."Mommy, tap shoes. Buy me tap shoes?" Me: Yes, baby, Mommy will get you tap shoes too. (We have some hand me down ones that should fit her perfectly for Kinderdance this summer!) And of course I'll buy her tap shoes. . .ballet shoes, leotards, tights, skirts, you name it. I would love for my daughter to follow in my footsteps!
Her favorite words now are "No, You do it, I don't want you" Great start, huh? And the one three sylable word she has NO PROBLEM saying, CHOCOLATE, of course.
Addi is very proud of her big brother and big sister!!! A round of applause from the littlest sweet pea who's mastered the art of clapping. Way to go Addi-boo!
Addi is such a happy baby. We thought she'd be more laid back, but since she turned
This is Gong-Gong teaching Addi how to tap dance.
Now you see 'em. . .
Now you don't. . .
Back in April Gracyn had her teeth worked on. 4 caps, 1 crown, 4 extractions, and some fillings to boot (I think), she has a new smile! And I'm in love with it.Funny pictures of our drugged up baby. . .
My big girl, my baby. . .
Thinking versed should be sold for Moms who have kids who won't stay still for photos. She was actually pretty photogenic when here eyes weren't half closed!
She was funny! Trying to take off her gown, wanted the TV off, waved bye-bye to the TV. . .
Oh, and since this already extremely long, why not go back further in time, and show you that we really did make it to Disneyland with three kids 5 and under.
Luckily a little girl was in line with them and she offered to ride with Gracyn. She was so cute and so brave!
Check out their facial expression! Yes, I laughed my butt off, I wasn't scared for them! When they got off the ride, Gracyn acted like she had the time of her life! What a faker!
Addi's first trip to Disneyland, but it won't be her last!
If you made this far, thanks for following along. . .I've had bloggy block, and I had no idea if I could catch up. Certainly I wish I had the time to share some funny video clips, and other photos, but this is all I can muster up! This is what we've been up to and we're looking forward to SUMMER!




20 comments:
You certainly are one busy Mama! I'm still not sure how you make it look so easy, because I personally know from experience that it isn't!
Love your updates on all the kiddos.
Yes, obviously you have figured out that boys can often be bigger Drama Kings than our little Drama Queens... It's funny though, because nobody prepares us for that one! He's so cute and oh so smart...who cares if he can lay it on thick when he wants too!
I can't believe that they pulled Gracyn's front teeth. Coen had his capped at age 4 because they got chipped and then started to decay. They didn't want to pull them out though because he would be toothless until age 7-8... Poor baby girl!!! I have to say, if anybody can pull that off it would be Gracyn! She's beautiful with or without her front teeth and you are absolutely right, her smile is adorable!
Did you say she is writing her name? I want to see that. Way to go Miss Smarty Pants! Tiff,she is totally Blossoming! I can see it so clearly... and I know it's because of all your nurturing and unconditional love that you feel and show her each and every day...
Addi boo baby is still the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. Have you entered her in any real baby contests yet? She could totally be a little GAP baby and maybe bring Mama in some cash! LOL...
PS you are not alone when it comes to standing up and peeing with the boys! We opened our pool last week and because we too live out in the country, we let the boys stand out by the fence to relieve themselves. Allie will now take off and run out there too. We finally gave in and let her stand out there when she has to go, but make her leave her suit on!
A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!
I just can't quit laughing about the pictures of Gracyn on the rollercoaster! I keep going back and cracking up!!! Definitely in a top 10 photo lineup EVER.
I didn't think this was too long in the least ~ your writing always feels a bit like magic to me cuz it feels like chatting with a friend across the coffee table!
Plus you illustrate your tales so beautifully!!
Yay for Mr. P on his graduation and oh gosh, next year is a big and wonderful school year to see! From his photos his weight seems just fine!! In our family "big cheeks" are the norm, so maybe that's a bit of it? He's just got that baby face and its gonna keep him busy down the road as he runs for the hordes of adoring gals trying to steal kisses! :)
And bless your heart polishing his nails too....shhhh...don't tell my DH, but sometimes Lauren and I let T put on her headbands when we are doing our girly things cuz he just begs and begs to be included!
And Miss G....what a rose in bloom she is! Those expressive eyes with a radiant smile to boot. What a brave sweet girl undergoing her teeth procedures and I chuckled at the way your shared that news! My heart smiled too thinking of you two sharing that special right of passage for Mamas and their best girls.....a day at the "home beauty parlor and nail salon" is second to none!
And Addi Boo......she's just....tremendous!! What a beauty she is and will always be! She seems so tiny yet such a mighty joy and love!
LOVED that tap dance lesson too and just ALL of the glorious photos. Still smiling hugely at those roller coaster shots....priceless!!! And I say so clearly how protective Daddy was reaching back and checking on his girl while holding his little man close.
*sigh* so much to relish here and so glad your "bloggy block" is gone. ( I KNOW just how that is!!)
Summer is here and you deserve its sweet cadence!
Hugs!
oops..I meant P will be running FROM the hordes of adoring girls wishing to steal kisses from him!! Cuz he's so gosh darn cute!!
Sorry for the novel length comment above too...LOL :)
So fun to catch up with you guys. I loved the pictures - great light! You did Christi proud, I'm sure. The roller coaster pictures are priceless. Those expressions!
What a brave girl Gracyn is for having her teeth pulled. I know of many adults, myself included, who would've handled it much worse. It sounds like she's really developing wonderfully.
Bloggy block? Huh? What's that? (Signed the blogger who hasn't touched hers in over 2 months.)
Those are great shots and a great update, Tiff!
What a little trooper your little Gracyn is, getting all that dental work done!
You made it to Disneyland with all 3! Yay! I'm afraid this will be the first year we've missed Disneyland in many as our baby girl won't be have her citizenship yet - no passport, no crossing the border. :o( Oh well, next year!!! :o)
I LOVE the roller coaster shots! You captured fantastic expressions - on all three of them (Your DH included)!!
Keep your posts coming - they're always so enjoyable!
I'm with Ramona, I can't stop laughing at the photos of Gracyn! Too funny. I've missed your updates, so that was not too long at all. I love seeing the kiddos (and mama/dad). I had the exact same experience with the nail polish. J just couldn't understand why he couldn't have his nails painted too.
Congrats to Peyt for graduating!
Not only did I read ALL the way thorough, I loved every minute of it. YOur photography skills have really taken off. You have so many great captures. Gracyn on the roller coaster is GREAT, but I love the torn book pic. Look at the bears' expressions. It's as if the Papa bear is mad AND he is looking at the torn area! too funny! I hear you on $$$ dental treatments. We have 3 in orthodontist and dentist chairs regularly these days. They are all growing up and are all absolutely precious! Great update!
That was a great post. And long too! :) I LOVED the pic of Gracyn and Peyton on the roller coaster. Their faces cracked me up. Congrats to the 2 graduates! ok, I had to go back to the post quickly to remind myself what to say. Addi sounds like a little sweet pea. So smart! And poor Gracyn with her teeth. We went through that with Bailey. And Breelyn will be soon I think. I hate my kids going under but there is no other way with that much dental work. My girls loved the pics of Disneyland. We're going there in July and we are SO EXCITED! Your family is definetely the cutest!
Holli
Loved reading your update.... love the photos.... your children and all of you are beautiful!
Peyton is one handsome little man and it must be an age thing because Lily has been having the emotional outbursts.... etc.
Always feels good to know others are doing the same thing. I often forget that we are not the only ones.
I love how so many things are similar to our children...
The dental stuff... Miss Lily has 7 crowns... or what she refers to as her princess teeth. OH BOY.....
Love Miss Gracyn's smile!!!!
Ty insists that his nails are painted because Lily always has hers painted. I...like you.... painted his.... he has painted toenails. Even did one pink.
Gracyn is so funny in her roller coaster picture... love it!
What a brave girl!
Love the outdoor potty mention as well..... we go through the same thing and we too live in the country.
Both of your girls are just beautiful and Addi looks like such a happy baby!
What a beautiful family! Look how they have all grown and have made so many accomplishments in their little years! Peyton is SO handsome with that smile! Graycn the "Union Rep", that cracked me up! And Addi Boo is just a little cupcake! Thanks so much for all of the updates and pics- love em!
Hey! Long time!
That may have been along post, but it was full of adorable amazing moments, so who could knock you for it!
BTW if you ever make it out to Disney World let us know, it's in our backyard and we have our passes renewed every year!
ps... I know it's out of the blue for me to comment but i've been keeping up. We will post an update on our blog sometime I hope! lol
Jose and Jen
OMGoodness! You are ONE BUSY MAMA!! I do NOT know how you do it. My second one keeps my hand full at ALL times. By the time it comes to blogging now, I would rather crash in bed! Ant free second is one Facebook b/c it seems so much quicker.
Glad to see you and all the kiddo are doing well. Congrats to Peyton, and glad to hear Gracyn did well with her teeth! Addi is looking adorable as well!
Hugs, Jill
Hi! It is great to hear that you are doing well-- I've been far worse than you have at keeping blogland up to date, so KUDOS to you! And what a beautiful family, seriously. LOVE it!
I had to comment about your 5 year old, since I believe that our two oldest are only a few months (or weeks?) apart. My mom (who was a Kindergarten teacher) tells me that the monster emotional/drama king and queen is who they are at this age! BLAH! Samuel has definitely fallen into that category-- and he has generally been a VERY even-keeled kid. I'm told it can actually get worse once Kindergarten starts because then they have a new authority in their lives-- the Teacher. I guess we'll see :)
Anyway, Addi is getting so big! And Gracyn looks wonderful.
Be blessed,
Courtney
Tiff-
LOVE the pictures! Especially the Disneyland ones! We did the same trip in May and it was wonderfully chaotic! ;-P
Glad we ran into each other the other day. It was nice to catch up. Keep in touch!
xoxoxo,
eryn and family
precious children!!
www.funds4faith.com
Oh my goodness! I have been to your blog a few times and I can't get over how cute your kids are! I love to look at the pictures, they are so well taken!
You are too kind. I was blown away by your comment on my blog. I read it to Dave and we both were in complete "awe" of your generosity!
I really appreciate your offer and may have to take you up on it sometime :o)
Thank you so very much!!
Jen
P.S. Can I link your blog to mine?
A canon t2i. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I love it so far :)
Got a very small update(no pics again!)on Jayden. He's still a BIG boy, can sit up on his own, is crawling around and likes to initiate play with the other babies. How cute is that! Oh and he loves food, duh. I'll let u know if i get pics soon.
Let me know if you have a free day, we would love to come see Addi and invade your place! HA. Or visa versa.
HUgs.
Hi Tiffanie,
Addi is so beautiful and looks so much like Gong Gong. You have your hands full these days! It's been way too long let's try to get the Taiwan Mei Mei's together this year! Miss you and great to catch up by blog.
xo,
Megan
Hi Tiffanie,
Addi is so beautiful and looks so much like Gong Gong. You have your hands full these days! It's been way too long let's try to get the Taiwan Mei Mei's together this year! Miss you and great to catch up by blog.
xo,
Megan
Post a Comment