5.23.2010

Week 21 - "Yellow"

When I hear yellow, I think Peyton. . .Peyton's favorite color has always been yellow. In fact, he looks great in yellow. Even when he was a baby I dressed him yellow. As he's gotten older, it's grown harder to capture his true personality and his infectious smile that I love, in photos. He's usually goofing around and making all kinds of funny faces. Well, he was goofing off in this one too trying to make his sisters laugh. Gracyn thinks he's goofy, but Addi, she still laughs at her crazy brother. And I managed to capture Peyton's happy face! So when I read this week's theme, although I had another favorite, because my son's favorite color is and will likely always be yellow, this had to be the one to submit. You have no idea how many things we've had to find in "yellow". . .from pencil boxes to balls, sheets, and shirts. If you asked him what color he'd like to paint his room, it would be YELLOW. . .

So while the girls wear brand new matching floral tops from Gymb*ree, with coordinating denim capris and hair accessories to boot, Peyton is sportin' a cheap inexpensive tee from Targ*t, because well, that's what he was already wearing, he didn't want to change, and I didn't want to fight. Guess it worked out okay after all. . .and he does save me quite a bit of money in the wardrobe department so I can't complain.

 

Be sure to check out the other fabulous YELLOW entries. . .


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love this! It makes me smile just looking at it.

Hiking Mama said...

Perfect!! I love this shot :)

madison kate said...

so sweet!

Angeleyes said...

What sweetie pies! How cute:)

lorabelle said...

Love the photo Tiff! You captured so much personality in this picture!
I have to warn you though... You might only have a couple years left with Sir Peyton and his inexpensive attire. When they hit the second grade some kind of name brand awareness chemical in the brain is released!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I love love love it! :)

Tiffany said...

Oh this is fantastic.... your sweet peas are just wonderful. Great photo and he does look so handsome in yellow!!!

Robin said...

Absolutely adorable, Great shot!

Cindy said...

your kids are just so darn cute. love the colors.

Expecting Good Things said...

I love her smile! So cute! You're doing a great job with your pics. Someday I want a really nice camera and learn all these little tricks. :)

Unknown said...

Ooooh yummy yellow! My bedroom is yellow with a hint of burnt umber. I love waking up to a sunshiny room. Starts the day off nicely. In fact, Caroline's room is a bright yellow with pink and purple accents and white furniture and wainscoting.

Great shots of the kids!

Room for More said...

simply delicious! Beautiful!!

Lisa said...

OH, I needed this happy fix of your 3 cuties!! I love this photo and love the story behind it (and the "yellow") all the more because your little man shines right through!!

:)

Annie said...

What a charming smile he has. And you know, there is nothing wrong with shopping at T*rget, that's where my kiddos get clothes! There are so many people in this world who would do anything for a t*rget wardrobe!
The faces in this pic are perfectly adorable! I love it and I always love seeing what you capture.