Three Kiddos Later. . .
And we're still going strong. Happy Anniversary D!
I enjoyed sharing that pizookie with you - NOT. Get your own next time, k? And seriously, could you not eat so much or so fast, or pretend to be thinking when you're really watching Monday Night Football. You do realize there was a screen behind your head as well for me to watch the game, and while I may not get football, I did cheerlead for football, and you aint' foolin' nobody.
(Playing catch-up on my blog. . .this should have been posted on the 20th, but not so bad, right?)
To make up for my tardy post enjoy my walk down memory lane. . .
We don't have a single photo of our wedding up in our home. We have an album which gets taken out every now and then, but no photos. After watching the slide show of our wedding, I think I know why. Our wedding day was a mix of raw emotions, and pure joy. It was bittersweet. My mom died unexpectedly 6 months prior to our wedding date. We went back and forth on whether or not we should postpone, continue, go smaller, etc. . .it was a tough decision. But, one day I walked downstairs, and a box of shoes sat on the bannister. It was the pair of shoes my mom and I picked out for my wedding. My dad somehow found them while cleaning up???? Anyhow, this was the sign. We went through with it.
Me in the dress my mom and I picked out. . .
The shoes that appeared on the banister as a sign to go through with the wedding. . ..
The single red rose I carried with me down the aisle in memory of my mom. . .
My handsome husband-to-be. . .cool, calm, and collected. . .
The picture I wanted all my life, and got. The same church both of our parents got married in. . .Red carpet and all.
The reason why I chose this dress. . .although I did have second thoughts (just once when I saw a champagne colored gown)
Us in front of the church after we said our vows. . .
Seven years later, and this is still one of my favorites. . .
Another few of my favorite shots. . .
The other photo I dreamed of having. . .posed just as my mom was in her cheong-sam. . .
I'm not a "normal" gal. . .see my GREEN cake?
Almost forgot about our two lions. . .
. . .and these chocolate dipped fortune cookies.
And I know I forgot about the coffee bar. . .
And I forgot about the teddy bear toss in lieu of tossing my bouquet. But I do remember why. . .my bouquet went to my mom.
I remember, however, getting cake all over, and changing into my second cheong-sam, and I remember that we FORGOT to do a toast. Where the heck was the wedding planner?
And I certainly did not forget how sloshed my husband was. . .see below for PROOF. . .and yes, I reminded him of this yesterday during our anniversary dessert.
As I reflect upon our wedding day, I know I was numb and that I don't remember a lot about the day, unfortunately. . .well, except for the fact that my groom was hammered. Maybe it's time to get some of these photos up in the house. As I watched the slide show and was reminded of all the details of our special day seven long years ago, the tears stream, and they are still filled with pain. While my dreams came true, my heart was broken. My new dream is one of renewing our vows. I'd really like to enjoy the moment and remember the celebration of our love. I'd like my tears to be only tears of joy, and if DH want's to get sloshed, that's okay too!
Love you D. . .
Don't forget my other wish is to take up dancing with you, okay?
Snapshots above taken from our slideshow, created by Cara Rhyner in 2003.






















18 comments:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! LOVED the peek at your wedding! Beautiful pics :)
love ya
Tami
LOVE these pics! Had you not said so, I'd have thought you just got remarried yesterday! I can't believe after 3 little rascals, you guys still look EXACTLY the same.
Cool green cake. :-)
Ramona - you totally lie, and I know this, because you've seen us in person!!! But thanks - I'll take the compliment. They're sparse these days! LOL
Happy Anniversary! I loved all the pics! So Gorgeous.
What a beautiful and bittersweet day. Your Mom was clearly watching over you that day and everyday. Sounds like it's time to put some pics up in the house. You guys are gorgeous and I agree with Ramona, you don't look much different today. Happy Anniversary! LOL about BJ's.
Thank u for the treat in my email tonight!
You were a beautiful bride! Happy Anniversary!
Happy anniversary to you both!
What a beautiful bride, then & now. I see a bit wistfulness in some of your expressions and I understand it was longing and grief....wishing for another to be celebrating beside you. And of course, in so many ways, both big and small.....she was.
And still is......
Oh, now I'm making the misty-eyes again.....*sigh* This was a touching post....just like you really....beautiful with touches and flourishes of fiesty & humor...and just a dash of green cake to keep us guessing! And over it all, one of the biggest hearts I've ever witnessed!! :)
Plan those renewal nuptials....even if its down the road....you deserve it along with a lifetime of joy!!
Happy Anniversary!! Your pictures were just beautiful! It was good that you went ahead w/the ceremony. I know without a doubt your mother would have had it no other way. I truly believe "those shoes" were a true sign. Your story reminded me so much of when my husband and I renewed our vows for our 10yr anniversary. We had the majority of our wedding party return and participate in the renewal.
My nephew(ring bearer) who was 4yrs old at the time was slated to participate as our 14yr old groomsmen, collapsed at school during practice just a week before the ceremony! I couldn't bear to go on with the ceremony, my sister told me "Brandon, was so excited about the ceremony, and it was NO WAY he would have wanted me to cancel it. I reluctantly went thru and I have to say "his presence" was definitely there.
I was in the dressing room getting dress and it's if I could "feel" him there. It was a bittersweet ceremony, we had his best friend stand in for him. We still laugh to this day, because Brandon was a tall, slender young man, and his BF was shorter and stockier! We had to change the tuxedo to accommodate the "new" groomsman and the company we rented from was nice enough to get hunt us one down that would fit. During the reception, the "new groomsmen" came up to me and pulled a little piece of napkin with the inscription of Sheila and Brandon on it! Apparently someone who had rented the tuxedo had been a groomsman at another wedding of yet another "Brandon"!
Was it a coincidence that the napkin was overlooked and undamaged in the "cleaning of the tuxedo". Some would say "yes" and I would counter with "definitely, not, it was a TRUE SIGN that OUR Brandon was in the mist!
Still to this day I cannot look at the wedding/renewal pictures without crying. My husband and I will be married 25years on March 29, 2011 and it will be 15years that OUR Brandon passed away on March 25, 1996.
Sorry about the deletion, but it posted my comment twice!
Absolutely beautiful pictures of you two, and so special you could get married in the same church as your parents. Reading about your mom brought tears to my eyes.
Well, goodness, weren't you a beautiful bride? Thanks for sharing your memories of that wonderful, but bittersweet day. Happy anniversary.
And btw - I love that picture of the 3 kids together at the top of the post.
You guys are a gorgeous couple!!!
What a beautiful bride and handsome groom!
The pictures are wonderful!
I am a mess of tears after reading this post but I can still see that you guys haven't changed in 7 years.... goodness... you guys don't look a day older.
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Such beautiful pictures and wonderful memories!
Haven't been on blogger in awhile and am now catching up on reading while Raelle's napping. Now I'm sitting here in front of the computer wiping tears from my eyes and eyeliner's everywhere. What a beautiful relationship you clearly had with your mother. :o) A very touching post, Tiff. Happy Anniversary!
Well, now, here I am in tears! What a beautiful, bittersweet day it must have been-- you two are such a lovely couple. Happy Anniversary!! I love the green cake :)
Be blessed,
Courtney
Hi~
Your comment on my blog made me reflect back about this post. I came back and checked my comment in hopes that I said something comforting, and to my great surprise, I never commented at all!!
I was so sad to see that. I remember reading through and wanting to write the perfect thing. I had typed and typed and then erased. I thought I had come back, but am so sad to see I didn't.
It always amazes me when I look to Avi and realize whose brain is really injured :o)
I can't really find the words, but this post really affected me greatly. I was so very sad, to read this, but yet so happy to see all of your pictures, and hear all of the details of that day, and the days leading up to.
I can't even imagine what you must have been feeling at this point in your life. I am so sorry you lost your mother. The thought brings tears to my eyes.
I am so happy though, that you carried on, and look at you two now! WOW.
You, and your family seems like such wonderful people. I would LOVE to meet you sometime.
My e-mail is forthehodders@yahoo.com. Hopefully we can set up a lunch or dinner, or something.
I think you are so amazing, and I have never even met you =)
Love,
Jen
P.S. I looked just one more time, and sure enough....no comment from me :o(
Happy Annivarsay! What a beautiful wedding with two beautiful couple. Seven years later blessed with 3 sweet peas. Beautiful family!
Post a Comment