We contemplated on whether or not we should take family photos before the holidays, and I am so glad we decided on it. To capture Addi as an almost newborn and to see our family grow by one more sweet pea is so deserving of the time and the investment. And that "investment" involved many trips to the mall and many on-line hours of shopping to find the outfits for all THREE kids that were just perfect, to only end up in each kid wearing something from a totally different store and one kid in "hand-me-downs"! Have I not learned yet that it's so NOT about the clothes but it's about US?!
In 1 year and 11 days we grew from a family of 3 to a family of 5! Peyton is still enjoying his new school and is really growing up. He loves to make Gracyn laugh and is almost always successful! He shares his room and his bunk beds with "Gracyn" and probably will until Addi-boo is old enough to move into the girls' room with her big sis. The big kids play so well together. You know, the biggest kid always finds a way to get the middle sized one to play what HE wants to play and he's mastered the art of negotiation so he inevitably always ends up with the toy of his preference. (His Dad actually taught him to
Gracyn's MRI and CT Scan were clean. She does have brachycephaly so her misshapen head is not due to sleeping on one side rather she was born with it. She does not have craniosynostosis. Praise God! Having no information on her birth parents we don't know whether or not it's hereditary or if it's affecting her development. The Neurologist did feel it would be a good idea to see a geneticist. Not because of the brachycephaly alone, but because of the brachycephaly and the combined global delays. We also determined that she does in fact have two motor ticks. I share this because I noticed from very early one that would squint one eye and that side of her face with crinkle. She also lifts one shoulder up to her ear when she's not happy or nervous. When I brought this up to the Neurologist he explained that these alone can go away over time, or learned to be controlled. Without an oral tick it's not diagnosed as Tourette's. I've read and read and read about so many different topics associated with Gracyn's delays and her "episodes". So many things overlap and so many things can sound like one thing when they're really another, or nothing at all. We will go through genetics counseling and take it from there. She's developing in the right direction which is important, we've now ruled out anything structurally that could be impacting her brain, so the last step will be screening for other potential chromosomal abnormalities if the geneticist feels it's appropriate. Gracyn has come a long way in the year that she's been home. I'm so proud of her, and she can now count to five with a little help from Mama. She's learning to string together 2 or 3 words, and her vocabulary is starting to include multi-syllabic words. She can convey without words when her brother is being mean and needs to sit on the wall, and she makes the cutest face when she tells him to "shh!". She adores Addi and is always helping to take care of her. Every night she brings me Addi's wash cloth and baby wash! She's such a great big sister!
Addison continues to be the best baby ever. She tolerates being toted around to soccer games and every other errand on our to do list! She has almost retired her bouncer and has moved on to her swing. She can sleep for hours! I can't believe how big she's getting. When she wakes she tries not to cry and just fusses. And when she does cry, it's such a sweet cry. She has real tears now too! She seems to recognize voices and her smile is enough to melt anyone who catches a glimpse. Tomorrow she'll be 8 weeks old. That means a vist to the Pediatrician complete with shots for Addi-boo, a weigh in, of which I'm guessing she's over 9 lbs, and what the heck, we'll all go get shots while we're at it to ward of the unwelcome buggies that the upcoming season always seems to bring.
I can't believe that in just a few short weeks we'll be enjoying a turkey and putting up our Christmas tree. Our holiday season as a family of five is about to really begin. . .Hang on Addi, here we go!







12 comments:
What incredible photos!! I cannot even tell you that I had a favorite because I loved them all!! You have a BEAUTIFUL family!! I smile everytime I see a post on your blog!
WOW! You have a beautiful and amazing family! Sooo glad for the post and all the news :) BIG hugs to you all! :)
love ya
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringshthemhome.blogspot.com
Such gorgeous photos!!! I am always "sucked" in by Gracyn's eyes, they are just so beautiful! And little Addi makes me long for this little one we're expecting to get here sooner!
I just love hearing how your family is doing-- and you all sound like you're doing so well! I'll continue to be praying for whatever comes little Gracyn's way, health-wise. What a gorgeous family you are! Everyone is so photogenic.
Be blessed,
Courtney
p.s. Samuel would think that Peyton's sweater is THE COOLEST EVER. He draws skulls/crossbones on everything-- should I be worried? ;)
Great pictures! What a beautiful family!
Talk about capturing what it's all about...These are just beautiful! It's so funny, but your right about the clothes...Although I must admit that I adore the choices here. How can you go wrong with a big flower bow, cozy uggs and a skull sweater? I'd have to go back to see what you and DH are wearing, LOL! Your family is breath taking...
Gracyn may beat to her own drum from time to time and it just might take things a little longer to gel, but it will. Just from what you've mentioned in your posts from time to time, it seems so identically close to the learning disabilities and speech disorders that were discovered in our Clayton at the same age.
I would be more than happy to share more with you if you are interested. Do you still have my #? Please feel free to call me anytime.
You seem like you are handling this "Party of Five" exceptionally well Tiff. You're amazing!
Be-YEE-tiful! I just love the photos. And just you wait, being a family of five gets better and better! I know exactly what you mean about not being able to blog and check in. It's insanity over here too. In fact, I owe you a BIG apology for not checking in with you earlier. (see email)
Miss you Yees! xo
Lovely photos. Makes me want to go out and hire a professional photographer. The kids are all gorgeous. Love Peyton's sweater.
So glad to hear that Gracyn's head condition is nothing serious. It sounds like she's making good prgress.
And look at that baby!
O, I just don't how how you are doing it all and so remardably WELL while juggling 3, with one being a newborn!
And you are so right....the headaches are worth it when you capture such amazing family moments & keepsakes..... you will always cherish these gorgeous pictures, a splendid moment in time for your happy family of 5!
BEAU-TEE-FUL photos, each & every one. The clothes are perfect, but I know just what you mean....its easy to obsess over the small details, especially when your day seems to be made up of SO MANY small details! Or at least here in my house! :)
Praying for Gracyn and believing with all my heart that she will continue to blossom and thrive ~ how could she not with such love, attention & support!
I can't pick a fave photo, but I LOVE P's gleeful, mischevious grin in the one of you all gazing at sweet Addi! So genuine!!
Always a treat & joy to stop by your bloggy door!!
:)
Those are great family pics. You've made me get my butt in gear with a professional family pic. You have 3 beautiful kiddos. Glad to hear about Gracyn. Good news! I have a feeling she's going to take off in the next year. She's a big sister now! :)
Holli
Wow! These photos are gorgeous!
What wonderful and precious pictures.. Such a beautiful family . Your children are precious and so adorable..
love evert picture you blog about , your blog is so entertaining.. we enjoy your post.. thank you for being a inspiring family to jose and I .
Post a Comment