8.30.2010

My Budding Ballerina

Gracyn LOVES dance lessons. Every Thursday I ask her about dance and ask her to show me what she's learned. She's did a great job of telling me what she had been learning. Parents were welcome to come observe for the last summer session, and I took advantage of it. Everything she showed me was spot on. I used to love when my mom would sit behind the glass window and watch me. Gracyn has repeatedly asked me to come watch her dance. They teach them more than just ballet and tap basics. It's more of a coordination, stretching, balancing class than a structured studio dance class, which is perfect for her. She's still working on her "pizza feet", aka first position and that turnout, and we've been working on "plies" and "releves" at home, as well as first, second, third, fourth and fifth position ARMS only. . .but here's what she really loves about dance.

Here's her "fish". . .
 

And here's her, "Mom can't remember because she was being too cute pose". . .
 

Here's her "Mommy thinks if I can master this clapping and side step thing I might have cheerleading in my future". . .
 

Here's her "rabbit" hop - isn't she cute?!
 

Trying to do the "Chicken". . .mastering isolation is no easy task.
 

In fact, it was more fun zoning out and watching the TV from afar while the other kiddos enjoyed movie time.
 

Now, here is a patient child. She was last for everything, and threw not ONE single fit. "You Git Whatcha Git, and Don't throw a Fit!" (They teach them this at school! I LOVE IT.)
 

Great stuff for working on her balance. My Gracyn, is not yet, well, graceful
 

Her sweet teacher giving her a hand. . .
 

Shuffle Step. . .
 

And My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE - "Put on a Happy Face!"
 

And there you have it. . .my budding ballerina. A girl after my own heart. Now, let's just hope that I take after my mom instead of those other crazy stage moms. My friend got up and left so she wouldn't be a distraction to her daughter. Me, well, you can tell from above that I, uhh, stayed put and kept clickin' away. . .shame on me, huh??? I may be a lost cause. . .

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

snekcip said...

Awww too cute! Gracyn is just too precious! Love the smile on her little face!!!

My little one starts dance in another week! To say she is excited is an understatement! Her dance class only offers "ballet" for 3yr olds! Tap is not available until she makes 4!!

I'm gonna be that "mama w/the camera" too!! LOL!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I LOVE IT! Celeste adored Dance! We have talked about putting Noah in this year but finances did not allow! That kid can dance and knowing the owner of the local Christian dance school since she was 5 I know how desperate they are for boys! Seeing her makes me want a girl though! I love the outfit she gets to wear! Here it is RAD uniform leatards for girls and black shorts and white shirts for boys!

hugs
Tami

Megan said...

Tiffanie,
Thank you so much for that. I just adore Gracyn she is always more beautiful the older she gets! I love her super cute dance moves!
xo
Megan