1.29.2009

My son, the comedian, and his ultimate birthday wish. . .

Me: What do you want for your birthday Peyt?

P: I dunno. I want one of those "pumpy things". (as he motions a squeezing effect with his hand)

Me: A what?

P: You know those green things that you use to get boogers out.

Me: Oh, okay. (While laughing)

P: Can I have one for Christmas?

Me: Yes. You can have one. (Thinking, dude, it's almost February, but okay.)

(side note: this all took place as I was standing over him, watching him pee! The squeezing of his hand, that was mid-stream - literally. I know TMI!)

Story behind the birthday wish.
Peyton was playing with the nasal aspirator last night (it was out thanks to his little sister's green boogies) - we reprimanded him because well, for 1) it's dirty and 2) it's the last one we have from the hospital (from when Peyton was born) that actually works!

He was sad that he couldn't play with it, so I told him I'd get him that he could play with. I guess he REALLY wants one. After all, that's the only thing he asked for so far and his birthday is next week.

I don't know if I can actually "buy" one of those "turquoise green" ones at the store, but luckily we know a lot of nurses. Hopefully one will magically surface in the next week. Shhh!

11 comments:

Tisra said...

That's awesome! *grin*

It reminds me of how Lael only asked for LipSmackers chapstick for her birthday in December (turning 4). Easy request. The funny thing was that she mentioned it to a few people, so she had 3 or 4 tubes of the stuff!

Ramona said...

Just imaging serious Peyton asking for a green booger bulb is sending me into fits of laughter! You KNOW he really really wants one. I know what you mean, you can't find those big ole hospital bulbs anywhere!

Tell P happy 4th!!!

The Family K. said...

Ha ha ha... funny boy. If you aren't able to find any, I think I might have an extra one lying around. It's unused, btw :)

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

You so gave me a laugh!!! :) I loved it :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

lorabelle said...

Allie says you can have hers!
She hates that thing and will run circles around me trying to get away... She has learned to blow her nose now like a big girl and doesn't really need it, so I can boil that sucker and get it really clean and send it your way!
Lora
(oh, I commented back to you on my post about your question)

Staci said...

Too funny!! That gave me a good laugh.

JackieMacD said...

How will you top that next year? Bed pan? Nebulizer tubing?

LOL. He is a funny and adorable one.

Sarah k said...

UGH!!!! wowsers! That is purty gross!!! Funny though!

I have a New year wish for Peyt and Gracyn. I wish you both the best of friendships as you grow up together and seek to find where to stand. I wish for you to find God as your source for strength and living and that you always feel the Father's love in all situations. I wish that you will always be happy with your family and will grow knowing how much they love you!!

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com
Taiwanindependentadoptionprizes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hillarious!

Expecting Good Things said...

haha! What an easy kid! I bet if you wrap a booger-schnooger (that's what I call them) up, he'd be SO happy! How sweet.
Holli

Megan said...

Oh Tiff,
Just reading this now! I give those to new moms every day! I'll send you one asap! I really have to catch up more often!
XOXO,
megan