1.23.2009

Where the Taiwan seed was planted. . .

We deliberately took a day off from going to Church, and planned a family outing. A chance to reconnect after the holidays. We took the kids to a little kiddie town local to our area, where there's animals, and play structures, and since it was cold the day we went, we felt like we had the place to ourselves! This was Gracyn's first trip to this place of family tradition. You see, Darryl and I came here as children, and we've brought Peyton here too, and well, the whole subject of Taiwan actually came up in this very place when I attended a playgroup function and there were adorable little ones newly home with their forever families. This is where the Taiwan seed was planted.

 

Gracyn is now consistently saying "Mama" and "Da" - we're so proud of her! She just starting seeing a speech therapist once a week. Soon she'll also be seeing an OT. We also plan to see a family therapist to discuss her possible attachment issues. While she seems so well-adjusted during the day, nights are still rough. She's getting better with me leaving the room, and knows what to expect when I leave the house for work, but other than that, she really can throw a fit if I leave without her. Better to get help now, than to wait until she's 4!
 

These two rascals are really starting to behave like siblings. Peyton is constantly trying to pick her up, sometimes squeezing her a little too hard! They fight over toys and well, I'm just loving it! I've never had a sibling, so to witness the synergy is amazing. Gracyn gets jealous if Peyton is on my lap, and when she's mad, she usually swats Peyton on the face! But, as you can see from the pictures, they're also very close, and enjoy one another.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Daddy is so good to me! He doesn't make me slide down with the kids. For some reason, I'm not much for crazy rides or curvy slides. Not sure how he managed to get both of them all the way up this one, or better yet, how he got them and himself down, but they did it! He calls Gracyn, "honey" - it's sweet.

 

 

She really is sweet, isn't she? We feel so blessed to call her our daughter. She's so silly, and laughs a lot now! When she gets excited she gets loud, and does this "horse galloping" move - it's super cute!

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Gotta love the pigs. Like brother like sister. If Peyton is interested, Gracyn's right next to him - she hates, absolutely despises being left out of the excitement. She still copies everything Peyton does!

 

 

"Hmmmmm. . .what are those things anyways? They don't look like our dog, and they're sort of fat, and well, I guess I should be interested because my brother's into 'em."

 

 
Posted by Picasa

"You want me to walk through this thing?! And you're going to take pictures while I do it?! All right. . .I guess it won't be so bad."

 

"I DID IT! Happy now? Got enough to blog about Mama?"

 

It's photos like these that capture the moment. . .her tiny little hand. That hand is the hand she holds her bottle with because her other one isn't quite strong enough. That's the hand that got washed in a sink at SLC by my Dad and apparently made her very happy. It's the same hand that I wrapped mine around and helped to spray a water hose with that made her truly giggle for the very first time. It's the hand that used to wave to me to go AWAY, but is now used to motion for me to come with her. The same little hand that grasps our fingers and pulls us to wherever she wants us to be. (Usually the snack cabinet that she can't reach!) And last but not least, it's the hand with an itty bitty finger that she's successfully got us all wrapped around!

 

We had a wonderful family day and ended our trip with the "traditional" photo op on the rabbit. When Darryl and I got married and we put our collage together, we each had photos of ourselves posing on top of the rabbit! And to think, just five and half years later, here are OUR kiddos. The loves of our lives. . .

 
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Sarah said...

what a special place for your family. :) I like to watch the piggies too!

lorabelle said...

How neat the you have this place to visit and come back to! I love the picture of Gracyn figuring out what is so cool about those pigs. She is just so cute! Love her jacket too by the way! It looks like it was made for her and her little finger...
Lora

The Family K. said...

What sweet pictures and a great tribute to your little girl. She is so pretty! I think it's wonderful that you are being so proactive about finding help for her in the ways in which she needs it.

Ramona said...

Tiff - I know where you weeeennnnttt~ :-) Love the pictures, especially the one of P & G walking hand in hand. Priceless. Did you go across the street, too?

Tisra said...

You said it all so well- the part about her *hand*... oh my goodness! *sniff*

You've captured some great shots of the kids- beautiful job!

And, how cool is the rabbit?! What a cool tradition. We do that with the lions in Trafalgar square when we go to London. I have pictures my whole childhood on those lions and now so do my kids. Love it!

Tisra
waiting to bring home our daughter!
(thansk for the congrats, by the way- God is worthy of all the praise!)

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Sounds like a wonderful family outing place to begin with and then having the tradition behind it is even better :) Loved the pics and the post :) More pics of you tiff please! :) heehee I dont blame you on the slide issue girlfriend! :) Noah does NOT stand for me to leave the room without him and will have a major meltdown so I understand what you are talking about. I don't leave him at all. Noah would have loved this place. He really does LOVE animals :)

big hugs

Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

David and Janalee said...

That was a great day! Hopefully we can go together again soon so I can see Miss Graycen in person! Maya loves it there and we have not been for awhile, so I think we need to get our playgroup going again! What a great place for your family.
Hugs,
Janalee

Ramona said...

Tiff - I got so engrossed in the pictures I totally missed G's speeh and OT! Gotta catch up. I especially am eager to hear about speech - something that's maybe in the future for my therapy-J.

Ramona said...

Ha! I can't even spell 'speech'!

Ashton said...

Awh!!! The pix are precious!