Traveling back in time before these girls were home. . .

Both Ramona and Jackie have seen the best and worst of our journey. I still remember e-mailing Ramona in an absolute panic while I was in Taiwan. Ramona is super calm, super informed, and knows how to roll with the punches. She was there to ease my fears. Jackie and I missed each other in Taiwan by a day. She was willing to hand carry our missing document and meet me in Taipei! Boy, that sure does feel like a lifetime ago!
While Gracyn never lived at SLC, SLC was a big part of uniting her with our family, and for that, we will forever be grateful. I sometimes wish she shared in that SLC bond, had those same pictures with Santa, or that pacifier tied to a towel around her neck. We sometimes wish we knew the crib she slept in, or that we'd have an opportunity to actually show her where she lived the first days, or in her case, the first years of her life. . .but that wasn't the plan He had for her. And either way, she still has the same tantrums, down to the dropping to her bottom, throwing her head back, and screaming! And she has the same infatuation with tearing paper! One thing for sure, this journey sure has provided an amazing opportunity to meet so many wonderful people. A special thanks to the 2007 and 2008 SLC ladies and our blog followers!

5 comments:
Just found your blog. I've started one too it called GoingforGracyn
just thought it was a cute name coincidence
Oh, Tiff. I'm so sorry my camera lens was ruined by the kiddie-monsters! I have some fuzzy shots of you guys at the table which I'll email you. Thanks for these shots of us because it's all we have. The picture you made of G, L & J did bring back memories to a 'time before' when we were all longing to hold our little girls. My how time has flown! And you know it - we're gonna get that princess shot after all!
The toilet paper story cracked me up! J, too, is fascinated with toilet paper, especially grabbing one end and taking it through the house. So next time you're here, it won't be on the roller, it'll be on top of the tank.
Tiff,
Loved the photos of Heartsent's party. Wish I could have been there. Looks like I was a few days late. :) Maybe next year. Wow about the toilet paper! Maybe I should switch to Northern. :)
Holli
Thank you for the advice and nice to meet you. It's fun how many great people you get to meet through a blog. Just started reading a bit into yours. You have such a a lovely family.
I assume you adopted out of SLC as well?
Thanks again and I will give it another 12 weeks (if I survive, lol).
God bless,
Mel
How did I miss this post?? LOVE the pics and was so sad to miss it. But just you wait til you see what I got the girls for Disney. Will mail it soon!
Miss you and can't wait to get together again.
Post a Comment