OOOH, I may suffer from pregger-brain, but that rhymes!
Okay, okay, clearly, I suffer from pregger-brain and was not very clear in my last post. . .
Peyton actually said to me the night before I took the "test" - "Mom, you look like you have a baby in your tummy." - Thanks Peyt - I proceeded to blame it on the skin (not fat, of course! LOL), left from my pregnancy with him. I thought to myself. . .kids know these things, don't they?. . .and well, I am a few days late, so perhaps it's time to pee on a stick. I know, TMI. But I did, well, I actually peed in a cup, to be exact, and there you have it. Like 2 seconds later, 2 lines appear. No doubt. I knew I was pregnant. That test was on January 12th. Took another on the 14th to be safe. . .and, I've managed to hide the news for quite some time. . .wanting of course to get through a good portion of my first trimester before spreading the news.
Other cute Peyton-isms. . .I sneezed and Peyton asked, "Mom, when you sneeze does the baby sneeze?" And today, he asked my dad, "When is the baby coming? January?" He knows his months, but not the order of them. Then again, poor big brother waited much, much longer than we ever anticipated for his little sister to arrive. When we told him about Gracyn, he insisted that Morgan was coming first. And the confusion between a baby and a toddler, that threw him for a loop. . .and well this baby, this one is in mommy's tummy, just like he was, although he did ask he was from Taiwan! You see, in our family, by tummy, or by plane, by biology, or by international adoption, it's all the norm. Apparently I managed to confuse. . .but thank you for the support and prayers!
So far, what little morning sickness I had is gone. I've gained about 7 or 8lbs, yes, I know that's much to much for a mere 10 and a half weeks.
If you're easily offended, skip the rest. . .
For those of you who didn't read Lora's comment, it made me laugh!!
Lora wrote: "Oh My!!! Isn't life something?! Okay, I thought it was an ipod too! WOW!!! How in the world did that happen? Wait, I mean I know how it happens. I mean, when did you find the time, the energy, uhmmm the space? OH NEVER MIND, who cares!!! Congratulations Tiff!!!!"
So, the question. . .for those of you who are like us, and co-sleep with your kids, or even if you don't co-sleep, and are happily married, AND have kids who tire you out, you tell me, where and how would you have, or could you have, FOUND THE TIME, THE ENERGY, ummm OR THE SPACE (place)?? If you tell, I'll tell. We'll call it a creative marital tip exchange - one I'm sure our DH's will appreciate.
1.jpg)

18 comments:
CONGRATS you guys!! What great news!!! We are trying our first night NOT co-sleeping tonight and I am fretting it. The fact that I just now stumbled upon this is somewhat interesting! Hmmmmmmm.....
Hugs, Jill
uh... I'm not the person to ask. Since coming home with HC sleep has been a preferred activity to you know what.
Congratulations!!! I there is a will there is a way - tee hee!
Oh my gosh! Congratulations to you! Your heart must be so full...
All the Best,
Ruth
ahhhhh!!! I was just able to catch up and wow, I didn't know what I was missing!! Congratulations Tiff!!! So happy for you all....
Kristy
Regarding your question:
You know, this might actually be a fun topic to be discussed on Jackie's "Nap, uhhmm" Oops, can't remember the name of her show! Anyway, I really am excited for you and I'm happy that you and DH found the time, space and place to make it all happen! LOL
Lora
Well you know MY answer! What do you think the TV is for? And baby gates.
Just sayin'.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Interesting topic...I'm with Jackie, pop in movie and hope for the best. :)
Well, according to my youngest son when he 'told' us he knows 'all about that stuff', my dh asked him to tell him what he knowd:
My son said "Well, I know that a man & a woman have s*x once for each child they have" My dh said what else do you know? He said "I am sorry you and mommy had to do that 6 times just to get all of us." We almost died laughing. Our son was soooo serious! Congrats once again! And yes, our bodies TOTALLY remember what to do when it comes to putting on weight with a baby from baby #2 on, I looked 3m pg when I was 6 wks. I am so very happy for you!!
Happily sleeping thereafter... so the fairy tale goes that I didn't get this one right until the third.
I got a bassinet that vibrated and stuck it right next to my bed so I could be all hands on.
Next when Jadyn got too big, I put her in her crib with a crib vibrator that goes under the mattress. I have always slept in the children's rooms after they change over to one. I lay next to the crib and stick a hand through sometimes. Or sometimes if they are feeling ill... I lie on the floor on a mattress and sleep with them.
This allows them to be comfortable in their own bed & for Daddy to come wake you up when he misses his wife. It also is a type of modified co-sleeping. Still to this day, when we put them to sleep, we climb on all their beds and cuddle with them for a minute or two. Jadyn just recently got to where she can go to sleep without Mommie and Daddie staying the whole time.
The trick is to not fall asleep too long in your child's room if you do... or else you are a bumbling fool walking around the house half-asleep bumping into everything.
Here's a hint, since it takes longer for the girl to be "happy", start thinking about it ahead of time... try not to think about sleep deprevation and I promise you since your guy will be "happy", you will have a serious domestic helper that next day that will make you even happier. Second hint... take a shower BEFORE you put the kids to bed, then you aren't dragging and fall asleep in the hot tub or shortly thereafter. ha ha
This subject is totally talkable... have no problem with sharing this one anymore... except on my blog where my niece reads. urgh.
p.s. You gain the weight quicker with each one... you're totally normal! It's like your body says, Oh yeah I remember this... you want a belly, here you go!
OH MY GOSH!!! COngratulations!!! What exciting news. And how cute is Peyton with the sneezing question...it makes total sense right?
Tiff,
Congratulations!! Can't wait to see you!
love,
The Tsang Family
Tiffanie,
Congratulations! We are all so happy for you and can't waitto helpyouwelcome G and P's sister orbrother!
XOXO,
Megan
Tiffanie,
Congratulations! We are all so happy for you and can't waitto helpyouwelcome G and P's sister orbrother!
XOXO,
Megan
Wow congrats. I am so very very sick and just happend to pop on just long enough to make sure Noah was asleep for nap because he usually sleeps with me in computer chair. I am headed to bed but at so happy I found this post :) can't wait to see the newest sweet pea :)
hugs
tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
I said it before and I'll say it again, "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!" It's fabulous news. I wish I had some tips for you re. mom & dad's business, but all I have to say is we're not a co-sleeping family, that being one of the reasons why ;)
Congrats!! That is wonderful news. I have a septembe bday.
Post a Comment