2.03.2009

Happy Birthday Peyt!

Four years ago, today, I gave birth to my first child. He was expected to be a "big" baby since I had gained about 70lbs, and when they measured what they thought to be from his head to his knee, (even though I said, I think that's his foot), they swore it was his knee. So, of course, mom was right. He was just over 17 inches, 5lb 10oz, at birth. He didn't do much to help by way of the weight loss, if you know what I mean!

Peyton cried quietly, took to a pacifier quickly, needed me to hold him, and was a terrible "latcher"/feeder. Doctors had us waking him up in the middle of the night to feed him, and failed to tell us we could "stop" after a certain weight, and so, we had a child who didn't really sleep through the night the first year of his life. After all, we had trained him to wake for a bottle.

Needless to say, what a few years can do for a kid. Actually, in the last 6-9 months my once skinny boy who could barely keep up pants (a size smaller than his age) around his waist, is now in pants (a size bigger than his age) that require folding at the cuff because, well, his height hasn't caught up to his weight! I can't believe my baby is 4.

Here he is at almost 1. . .
 

Two pics at almost 2. . .
 

 

Last Christmas at almost 3. ..
 
Posted by Picasa

And now, my BIG boy at 4. . .
 
Posted by Picasa


Peyt - Mommy loves you so much and is so proud of you. You never cease to amaze or shall I say, amuse me! You are such a funny kid. You certainly know how to milk me - your cute face with your hand in the bin of Dibs, worked. You won. Hope the Dibs were worth the effort of your acting skills. You have adjusted so well to being a big brother, and sharing your mommy and daddy with your sister. She loves you! Like daddy said, she's a "monkey" - monkey see, monkey do. She copies everything her big brother does, so behave, okay?!

Happy Birthday bubby. . .I love your buba-licious tummy and smile! Thank you for being the greatest son! And don't you ever forget your promise to dance with me at your wedding. Are you really going to give up those doot-doots tonight??? Peyton said he's giving up his paci's when he turns 4. . .stay tuned for more on Peyton's birthday, and the outcome of the paci's.

16 comments:

Staci said...

Happy Birthday Peyton!!! You are such a handsome big boy! His baby pics are so cute. Can't wait to see if he gives up his paci. I still remember the day N gave them up, I was so sad.

I'm around most of Feb., so just let me know when you're around so we can do lunch or something. :)

The Family K. said...

Happy 4 years old, big guy! I loved seeing the change from his baby face to his current look. Whether 1 or 4, you can tell he's got a lot of fun character.

Ramona said...

Happy 4th Birthday Peyton!!!! I think mommy should take him to Disneyland!

Room for More said...

Happy birthday big guy! Yes, 4 is a good year to ditch the paci. You can do it! I loved seeing pics of Peyton when he was smaller! Thanks for sharing them!

Expecting Good Things said...

Aw! He is the sweetest! I love his 1 year old pic. Too cute. Bailey loves Thomas too! Happy Birthday Peyton! It's always tough for a child to share their Mommy and Daddy and he sure seems to be doing a great job! Good luck with the Paci's. You can do it Peyt!
Holli

Tisra said...

Thank you for your kind encouragement in my comments. I hadn't planned on those extra hiccups coming so SOON.

I'm trying to wind down by reading blogs etc. since I lots the who day to making arrangements ont he phone, copying documents, writing checks, running to FedEx... whew! In about an hour, I need to start packing because I think we've decided we're driving to PA in the morning! Anything for our daughter, right? She's so worth it.

Happy Birthday to your first born. I had no idea he was only 4- he looks so big. That phrase is enough to make a mama cry... sorry I said it. :-) Best wishes for a fabulous celebration!!!!!

Tisra
waiting for NOC for our daughter in India

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Happy Birthday, you handsome man... I love that little monkey looking hat... awesome. 4 is one of my favorite ages... have a fantastic 4th year. =0) Sara.sofa

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy birhtday to you, Happy Birthday dear Peyton, Happy Birthday to you! ok, I'll hush singing now! :) heehee Happy 4 year celebration to mom as well :)

What a cutie
hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Shirley H. said...

Happy Birthday Peyton! Didn't realised he's 4 thought he's 5! haha but that means he is growing well and strong!

Steve n Coco said...

Happy Birthday, Little Peyton!! I didn't realize he was SO close in age to my Samuel! Very fun!

And will the paci/binky fairy be coming?? Wishing you the best with all that!
be blessed,
Courtney

lorabelle said...

Better late than never...
I'm sorry! Stepped away for a couple of days and missed so much.
Happy Birthday sweet boy!!! Love seeing the changes over the years. Hope you were able to find exactly what he wanted! LOL...
Lora

Ani said...

Happy birthday to your little man.

Our son gave up pacis for his birthday too (his third) and I can honestly say it was more traumatic for me than for him :)

Good luck to you all.

Sarah k said...

Happy Birthday PEYT!!!!! You are just too cute and I hope you have a wonderful week and a great new year to come!!!! You're getting older little man!!!

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

JackieMacD said...

Awww- look at those pics!!! He's such a cutie. Happy Birthday (sorry belated). And I love that you say bubbalicious too!

JackieMacD said...

PS Ditto on Ramona's comment!

Our Family said...

Happy - belated - birthday Peyton!
The Tsang Family