This is a long one, and I know you're all busy raising kids, wiping runny noses, (and bottoms), blogging, paperchasing, bonding, and waiting for the phone to ring, so I tried to bold the "highlights" of this post. . .
The first door that closed. . .and the door He opened
The first door that closed was a down right slam in the face. It was the door that made me question my faith, made me question my reason for living. That was the door of my mom's death. Six months after that door shut, DH and I were married, and just months after that we were expecting Peyton. I had "reasoned" with God. You took my mom, so I need this baby. I know, don't bargain with the big guy, but I was at a place in my life and my walk with God that was very dark. Shortly after Peyton was born we experienced the most challenging times of our marriage. I was still grieving, DH's priority was his business, we had a needy newborn, one who wouldn't sleep through the night. . .ever. . .and neither of us was turning to God to carry the weight. We recovered from that period and decided that after having our son, we knew we could love a child unconditionally without sharing genetics. Peyton turned 1, I turned 30, (both requirements for China) and just months later we were signing an application to adopt from China.
The second door that closed. . .and the one He opened, and closed, and He opened again!We were LID on 08.28.06. Told the wait could be as short as 3 to 6 months. Four months later I inquired about switching from NSN to SN. Something was tugging at my heart. Our agency was not, and still is not able to facilitate SN through China, and the rules had just changed - no more switching of agencies without starting all over. Door closed bit. . .and then it opened again, when Taiwan was placed on my heart. We've always wanted at least 3 children, so why not submit our application for Taiwan as well. We had then learned, IA takes a heck of a long time, so no harm in getting in line. Shortly after we were wait listed for Taiwan, the time came for our LID. Well, had we been expedited, we would have received that very long-awaited call with our referral of Morgan Fay. Ouch - when that door that shut, it was a blow. It was a heavy one that slammed my pinky in the door jam and ripped my nail off with it. No phone call for us. I sat and watched other families with our LID receive their babies' photos and I cried. We actually keep in touch with one of those families, and their daughter, Leah, is precious because she is a reminder of what it could have been like, although that wasn't in His plans for us. Just a couple of months later, we were asked how we felt about toddler adoption through Taiwan. Without hesitation, we expressed our interest. Two months later, we received the referral of Gracyn. Once Gracyn Riley, then Gracyn Leena, and finally Gracyn Natalee.
The next series of door shutting and openings. . .
While we waited 10 months to bring Gracyn home, we submitted additional documentation to China for Morgan Fay, to no avail. I once again, looked at SN lists, and contemplated switching altogether. I learned about Kyrgyztan adoption, Independent Taiwan adoption, I created a profile on Rainbow kids, I talked with a domestic placement agency. Talk about a whirlwind! We've now been LID with China for almost 30 months. We assume we won't be expedited, so the wait could be another 2 years. I prayed, and prayed, and prayed. I finally prayed for a very clear sign as to what He wanted for us. I wanted to know His plan. And He made it ever so clear. . .
In summary. . .
Mom dies, God blesses us with a son. I still yearn for mother-daughter relationship, so we turn to adoption. Started with China, which taught us about other IA programs. Should have been expedited, but we weren't, and in the mean time the toddler program opens. God blesses us with Gracyn. I travel to Taiwan on the 2 year anniversary of our LID. Gracyn's birth date is accidentally listed as our actual LID for China. We start to feel that Morgan's purpose was to lead us to Gracyn. Just to be clear we're still LID, but He has also made it clear that our next child will not be joining our family through IA. Sweet Pea number 3 is due to arrive on 09.16.09. Right in between my parents' anniversary and our ours.
I had so many different drafts and titles for this post. . ."Baby Sister to become Big Sister", "The real reason why I've been MIA", "Peyton wants a 'brudder' but has no say,". . .and then I got to thinking about our journey. The ups and downs, and wonderful people we've met along the way. What would I have ever done without all of you?! We are where we are because of Him, but our lives have been shared with all of you in a way not even some of our closest relatives have experienced. We post, we comment, we pray, we support, we laugh, we cry, we ramble. . .most importantly, I think we all blog about the pain and the joy of growing our families. So, in a nutshell the above is about the pain that lead us to this adoption community, and this post, is dedicated the pure joy that we are so blessed to be blogging about.
Baby sister Gracyn, is about to be promoted to big sister Gracyn! I missed the baby days of Gracyn, but love that I have a few photos of her.
Peyton really wants a "brudder" and Gracyn, well, I think she'll be enjoying the spotlight as the baby of the family for as long as she can. Luckily, she loves babies, and she loves to help! There's certainly enough love to go around! Not sure about food though. . .these two alone are eating me out of my house!


21 comments:
Congratulations!!!!! This is amazing and wonderful news! I was wondering what was going on with you guys!! lol.. and now I know!!! WOOHOO!!! God sure does have a sense of humor doesn't he? And a wonderful plan! good thing he can see the whole picture while you and I get a small key hole to view our days through! Love you!!! Thank you again for being part of our journey and lending us your support and love also!!! We are finally in court and the wait is a little more bearable.. and less bearable..lol.
Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com
Taiwanindependentadoptionprizes.blogspot.com
What a journey! Congratulations. . that's wonderful news!! I hope you are feeling okay and morning sickness hasn't been too bad. God does have a plan and it's so easy to overlook that. Thanks for sharing how God has brought you to this point.
Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com
OK OK, I'm thoroughly confused. Sweetpea #3 is here??? I mean on this earth? Just not born yet? Where???? And this just after reading Sarah K's ghost post which almost sent me screaming out of fear - now I'm screaming out of happiness???? Need more, Ms. Tiff.
OMGosh!!!! I'm SUCH A BAFFOON!!!!! I had to read, reread and reread to see if I missed the country, then I GOT IT!!! Congratulations!
OK, this is the last comment I'll leave but I thought the last picture was of your iPod. Now it's all coming clear.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry but I am FLIPPING OUT with excitement for you!!!! Tiff, congratulations to you, Darryl and the mini-Yees. Oh my gosh... SO amazing.
Tears and chills from SoCal.
XOXOXO
WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?!!! NO WAY!!! BWAAA!!! Whoo! That's big and great news. Congratulations, guys. Like the rest, you had me thrown for a loop. I kept trying to figure out how you knew exactly what day your child would be coming when you didn't know where s/he was coming from. Hello?!
What an amazing journey full of unforseen twists and turns. Can't wait to see where the next leg of your trip holds for you.
OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! Oh... man... oh wow!
Oh My!!! Isn't life something?!
Okay, I thought it was an ipod too! WOW!!! How in the world did that happen? Wait, I mean I know how it happens. I mean, when did you find the time, the energy, uhmmm the space? OH NEVER MIND, who cares!!! Congratulations Tiff!!!!
Lora
Oh my goodness Tiff...I'm so amazed!! CONGRATULATIONS! This is such wonderful news and I'm so happy you will have another little sweet pea running around. I hope you're feeling okay.
Huge hugs to you all!!
Staci
btw, this title is sooo perfect!
WOW! Congrats Tiff!! I, like Ramona, took a while to figure it out but then I saw the prego test and got it. duh! I'm so happy for you and your GROWING family! :) yay! And btw (for future reference) having 3 children is no excuse to ignore your blog. :)
Holli
Congratulations!!!
Oh Tiffanie, This is the best news I have heard all week! Congratulations! I pray you are feeling well and not too tired. Hang on to that LID. I pray about that regularly. How did you tell your hubby? I am so very excited that God has blessed you with another child!
AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Okay I have chills! I read your title and thought, now I need to go watch Sound of Music. What a huge huge day! Congratulations a million times over! What thrilling thrilling news! Hello stick! ... I'm like.. what is that, oh! Oh MY! WOOHOO! May you be blessed with no complications, morning sickness never, and energy to keep up with your other little monkeys! Welcome to the family of 3! It's a mad house but it'll be your little mad house of love & oh so fun! May you also have comfort and peace in your heart that you so can do this! =0) This story is so blessed and so full of miracles and has so many more to be written!
Love you much, Sara.sofa
p.s. I do understand that dark period you spoke of... what a marriage strengthener huh.
I am confused too. Are you saying you are pregnant? With a girl?? Congrats if that is the case. (I think it is...)
WoooHooo! Congratulations! That is terrific news! I'm so happy for you. God didn't just "open" that door, He blew a refreshing gust of wind right through your life!!
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! What wonderful news! It's amazing what life brings and what's meant to be. :0)
Nancy, Tim, Tripp & Kira
That is so beautiful! Congratulations!!
Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!
Congratulations!!
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! This is so amazing!! Did you ever picture your family making to be so winding and involved?? This is such wonderful news!! Wow. What an awesome God who sees it all and knows the good to come...
Be blessed,
Courtney
Post a Comment