4.14.2009

Gracyn's first Easter at Home!

I've been a bad blogger. Reading other bloggers' posts, and failing to do my own. Gracyn is finally doing better - back to her "almost normal" sleep pattern. We've found that doing "joint compression" and "deep pressure" daily help her with her sensory issues and seem to really relax her as I lay her down in her crib. She falls asleep in her crib, but needs mommy next to her until she drifts off. Usually once I night she'll wake and if I hold her hand she'll go back to sleep. Around 5AM, if she wakes again, I let her climb into bed with me, where she gets super happy and sleeps until it's time to wake up!

I've been more concerned about this pregnancy than I was with Peyton, and have had to make several trips to the doctor. We've tried twice now to determine the gender, but no such luck. Baby is always active with legs crossed. Hopefully at my 20-week scan we'll be able to find out if it's a "brudder" or a moy-moy!

Highlights from Easter. . .

To make sure Gracyn knew what an Easter Egg Hunt was all about, we did a dry run on Friday.
 

Peyton got an ear infection on Friday morning, and I thought we'd almost have to cancel the festivities, but luckily he made a quick recovery, so I knew what I had to do. . .I had to get the picture. Well, I GOT THE PICTURES! I even got a shot of Peyton and the baby-to-be.
 

To ensure that we had 4 kiddos willing and ready to take a nap before the big hunt, we put up our jump house and had our bunnies Hoppin' like crazy!
 

After a nap in her car seat, (with pee-soaked pants), and a smooth transition from nap to awake state (a rare occurence) Gracyn experienced her first Egg Hunt at Home!
 

After the egg hunt, Auntie D found a butterfly and brought it into the house for the kids to play with. It was too injured to fly away. But butterflies have a huge significance for our family. The day we visited my mom's grave site as an entire family, there was the most beautiful monarch butterfly hovering. Looks like we got Butterfly Kisses from Heaven!
 

Auntie D lead the kids in a game of Duck, Duck, Goose, and THEN, Peyton and N had the best pillow fight I've ever seen. They were using my couch pillows, and after they agreed to trade for regular bed-time pillows, Peyton ran down the hall, yelling, "fight" - It was a like a live wrestling match in our family room. Shame on us, I know, but N and Peyton both have sisters, so a little BOY fun was needed! We have "bath-time photos" of Peyton with N&M over the past 4 years, but this is the first time we had 4 kiddos in a tub!
 

To top off the weekend, the kiddos enjoyed an Easter Egg Hunt at Church. I think Gracyn found more eggs than Peyton - she's very quiet, and just carefully picks each and every single one up. Peyton likes to go crazy running around and bouncing from one location to the next. Notice Peyton's HM basket?? Thanks to Auntie D, Gracyn was gifted the Hannah Montana basket, but she was very generous and traded her brother for his Elmo one from last year. She loves Elmo! He loves HM. It was a perfect deal.
 

We hope everyone had a blessed Easter with family and friends.

9 comments:

Expecting Good Things said...

Love the Easter Egg Hunt. It rained (yeah, here in Arizona) so we couldn't do one. :( Love the belly pic and when did Gracyn all of a sudden look so much older??!! Your kiddos look like they had a great Easter. You'll have to take Peyton to the Hannah Montana movie. It was cute...
Holli

Staci said...

First off I LOVE Peyton's easter basket!! That is too funny. Love all the pics, I can't believe how much Gracyn has grown up! So glad to hear she's getting back to "normal". :) It was really nice to see you the other day. I don't know what I would do without you!
Hugs.

The Family K. said...

Sounds and looks like the kids had a blast on Easter. I loved the pictures of you with the kids.

lorabelle said...

Tiff,
I'm sorry that you have had to go in more often with this pregnancy, I KNOW how scary that is right now... Keeping you in my thoughts!
Glad that Gracyn is home and was able to enjoy her first Easter egg hunt and that Mr. Payton's ear infection isn't bothering him anymore. Thank goodness for Antibiotics, huh?! THe pictures, ALL the pictures are great!
Happy Spring!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

LOVE all the pics :) Looks like a funfilled weekend :) Glad Miss Gracyn is doing better and better :)

big hugs
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Beautiful family & beautiful photos! I just love the collages you create!

Gracyn is just lovely and does look older, most especially in the photos where her hair is down. I'm glad things are in a good place!

AND I love a man that isn't afraid to carry a bag! He's such a cutie!

AND you look simply radiant!

Thank you for sharing bits of your family life & joy with us all!
~hugs, Lisa

JackieMacD said...

Love all the pics! Your belly is adorable. I hope you're feeling well. Looks like a great Easter event!

Ramona said...

You've got a mightly photogenic family. So sorry to hear you've been having to visit the doctor more with little 3. Considering how overly busy you are I'm sure that's no small task. Only a few more months to go...I agree with Jackie - cute little belly. :)

How are things going with the 'terrible 2s'? We're still on/off here. One week happy, next week full of trantrums for no known reason.

Mikey asked where Peyton was at his party. We'll have to take all the kids there sometime, give you some time off your feet while the kids play in a confined and safe environment. Just let me know!

RamblingMother said...

what great pics. Glad to know your pregnancy is going well.