So, some of you may know, and some may not, but we are still have a LID for China of 8/28/06. (Side Note: Gracyn's birthday is 3 days before our LID and on one of her documents it was actually listed as the 28th)
I used this predictor tool, and apparently based on the number of LIDs, there are 133 days ahead of us, which should mean we could expect a referral of Morgan on November 9th of 2012. Well, that's as of April 5th, so this is a moving target.
When we started our adoption journey Peyton had just turned 1, I had just turned 30, so we barely qualified to apply. No he's about to start kindergarten and has 2 sisters!
Calling all you Prayer Warriors - Please pray that DH's heart will open to allow just one more sweet pea into our family. Please pray that we would be still, and hear what He wants us to do with this journey. Do we consider the many children who are waiting for families? Do we wait for the matching room magic that everyone dreams about? We certainly still experience ladybug sightings and they mean just as much as the first. . .This sighting was from February 3rd. She actually stuck around for a while!
In many ways two years doesn't seem that long of a wait, especially when you have three kiddos at home. In other ways, to think that it could take over 6 years to complete an adoption sounds over the top. Please share with me. Share your thoughts on our journey. . .what would you do? What advice do you have to give? This has been on my heart and in my prayers. It was about time I posted because you bloggy pals know this stuff better than anyone. You know what I'm going through, you've been there, done that, made decisions, hard ones, easy ones, changed paths, walked down two paths, researched the web, changed countries, brought home older children instead of infants. . .I'm all ears. . .my heart is open wide to hear what you have to share! Thank you for your prayers and your support.
Morgan's memory box still waits in her room, her pillow case embroidered with her name is ready for a sleepy head, her stocking matches the other kids' and awaits to be filled, clothes hang in the closet that Addi will now get to wear first but will be saved for her. The journey to Morgan brought us to Gracyn and to Addi, and now we wait to see if He will bring her home to us.
9 comments:
You know our journey and all the twists and turns we've experienced. Nothing has gone the way we expected! But here we are about to get our third child which will complete our family. I think you should hold on to your faith and hope that Morgan could still join your family. Only time will tell...which I know is such a hard thing! Keep your heart open and I will keep you all in my prayers.
PRAYING God sends you Morgan in HIS time! If we qualified for China we would be on the list for girl in no time flat! That was originally what I thought we were suppose to do, adopt a baby girl from China! I have 2 baby boys from Taiwan, one still there! I am open to what God has for the future. Who knows in 5 years they may reduce the change rules and we would qualify for China! It will take me at least that long to recover from all the fundraising! LOL Seriously though, remember what you felt then and hold on to the dream. It will happen IN HIS TIME! and November is a great month to give thanks for a referral! :)
Blessings,
Tami
In tears already this morning and it's only 9:29am here in Indy!
Sweetie, you don't need our thoughts on this matter and you already have our support... Follow your heart!
I have a very strong feeling that you will be hearing about you little Morgan in no time!
My only advice:
Continue to make time for yourself and for you and DH as a team.
Being good parents is hard work and sometimes if we aren't careful it can manopolize our marriage...
Don't be afraid to take the time and make the time for yourselves and for each other.
Love your ladybug pictures by the way!
Love those ladybug pictures! Our house seems to be full of them and Lily tells us they are her friends.
I keep wondering if this is a sign?
When we started our journey for Lily the wait times were only 5 months from LID.... that changed quickly and before we knew it the wait time was almost a year (I know that is nothing compared to the current wait times).
Then God opened our heart to the SN program and that is when Lily came to us. With Ty we felt God leading us to the SN program once again and were blessed with Ty.
When we started the adoption journey I had the visions of the matching room magic.... but God had a different plan for us...
You keep the faith and hope!!!!
Keeping you in my prayers!!!!
Something to think about. You as a couple don't have to make a decision now. After adding a third sweet pea to the family, it's understandable to not be able to imagine being able to add a fourth night now... but two years from now you both may feel very differently.
You can't predict what may happen in the next year or two or three. I say, keep your file active with the CCAA and just see. No harm done. I am the perfect example of a person who NEVER thought she'd have 4 kids. We always said "two". Then, I changed my mind and the Lord brought Eric's into unison with me. Boom. There was Lael- our sweet #3. Then, when she was 18 months old, Eric floored me and mentioned adoption and the Lord brought me around, unifying our hearts again for our fourth child. :-)
Only you can receive discernment from Him on the timing and age/gender/special needs that would best suit your family. That said, I'd consider older or waiting child if we were to adopt again. And, likely Ethiopia.
So many thoughts as I read this today and like so many others I too believe that you will make the perfect decision to perfectly suit HIS timing and your family.
Even timing in God's grace can be mysterious; we never imagined 2 countries across the world and our kiddos being 6 years apart ~ but I can say with absolute clarity that I simply cannot imagine any other way...any other timing or any other 2 children.
Hugs as you make this journey.
I didn't know that you have been logged in for another adoption all this time! I think that because Addi is still just new to you, and your log in date was in '06, that a referral of a new baby will work out just right if you have to wait a couple more years- Addi will be 2-3 years old and then a new baby will fall in line perfectly. That timeframe seems just right! In the meantime, you could keep your eyes open on the waiting child list and if the child that is meant to be yours shows up, well then there you go! I will be praying for your DH to feel confident, and for you to feel at peace knowing that Morgan is coming soon. Before you know it! Blessings!
Wow... tough call. But not tough for God. He has a wise plan for your family and will make it known in time. The waiting and wondering can be so hard, though. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. I look forward to reading where your next adventure will take you.
Post a Comment