Back in 2006, Peyton had just turned 1, DH and I went out for date night, and our entire conversation revolved around growing our family. . .through adoption. We had run into a family that had just brought home their second child from China, and we felt called to adopt. Peyton had taught us unconditional love, and we were ready to make the move. It was so easy. We contacted an agency, filled out our paperwork, and then we sat back expecting to wait no more than 6-7 months. You see, we were supposed to be expedited due to our Chinese heritage, but even for expedited families the wait kept getting longer and longer.
We considered SN, but our agency didn't do SN, and we had just missed the cut-off to switch to another agency. We would have had to start all over, so we waited. . . but when the referrals came for our month, no baby for us. I was heartbroken. God had other plans for us. While we were logged in, we had started a concurrent adoption from Taiwan, and were also waiting in the "toddler" line. Shortly after we were passed up by China, we received Gracyn's referral. See how God works in amazing ways?
All along we wondered which of the two would arrive home first. The China wait continued to get longer, and longer. After Gracyn came home, we prayed for another child, and God blessed us with Addison. You see, if Morgan had come in that batch with the other expedited referrals, Gracyn wouldn't have been referred to us, and if Gracyn hadn't been referred to us, we wouldn't have known how long the wait for China would really be, which lead us to having Addison. I have often wondered if the journey to Morgan was really about leading us to Gracyn and Addison, but as I sit quietly in prayer, I still feel my heart waiting and holding a place for Morgan.
It may be hard for some to understand how you can love a child who's face you've never seen. But I'm sure there are some of you out there who can relate. The best mother's day present I received yesterday was hearing my DH ask Gracyn, "Do you want one sister or two?" and Gracyn's response was, "two." Thank you sweet girl for knowing your mommy's heart. Thank you DH for opening your heart to the idea of bringing Morgan home.
So, that's who Morgan is. . .our daughter in China who we've been LID since 8/28/06, and continue to pray for. If you pray, please pray for us! Please pray that we will hear Him, and make the right decisions in our journey to Morgan.
Referral calls are being made today, and it sounds like they've gotten through April 21st, 2006 LID's. That's a four day batch, which is better than 2, but I was hoping for 6. If we wait where we are, we may not see Morgan's face until 2012. If the pace picks up, we could see her face by the the middle to end of next year. If we opt to go the SN route, then that changes things entirely. God, please talk to me. I'm ready to listen.
9 comments:
I have been praying for you and DH since you last posted about Morgan. So happy to hear DH is open to a 4th child. We have 3 bio and also felt called to adopt a boy from Tawian. We brought him home in March. I totally understand how your heart can ache for a child who's face has yet to be seen...but our hearts see her...don't they? I will pray for God's leading in your adoption of Morgan. She is out there and God knows right where she is!!!
Happy Mother's Day!!!!
I'm keeping you all in my prayers!!!!
The waiting and wondering must be so tough. But you're in the best place you can be right now: open to hearing from God and open to the direction he'll lead you. In the meantime, I'm with you: I can't wait to find out who Morgan is, too.
I think what I'm reading here is that HIS plan was filled with SO much wonder, surprise and perfect timing ~ more than might have been conceived of, guessed or wished for all those many years ago!
How that same truth applies to our family tenfold! And how grateful I remain!!
And He knows just when your Morgan will join your beautiful family and the undiscovered joys and blessings she too will bring to your already blissful family!
I have goosebumps reading about how your family has come together ~ so much magic and I wait with great anticipation to see & celebrate the next sweet p, whenever she arrives!!
Oh thanks for the Morgan report. I'm so excited that you guys are going to China for your next beautiful family member. My two gifts from God via China are a dream come true.
Blessings,
Been praying about Morgan since your last post. Loved the update! Struggling with a similar situation in our own life now.
Hang in there. Remember He said, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways." Sometimes the answer is not "No", just "Not yet". If He wants us to wait, He has His reasons. Our prayers with you...
Such a beautiful mystery. And, yes, 4 is different, but not as hard as some other additions have been. I think, for us, it was a perfect and wonderful thing to adopt and to start with a 2 year old. That being a first for us, I can't make the direct comparison of a 4th child in any other fashion. Happily, I'll answer questions for you if you have specific things you want to pick my brain about. :-) Prayers for perfect peace and resolve and patience for Morgan.
I know how I can love a face I haven't seen yet also! I will be praying for Morgan!
Post a Comment