5.09.2010

Celebrating Blessings on Mother's Day

I am blessed to be celebrated on Mother's Day because of them.
 

I love them with every fiber of my being.
 

Sure, it means less sleep, less time to get ready in the morning, a lackluster wardrobe, and comfortable shoes. . .
 

But I wouldn't trade it for anything. They are my joy, my love, my life.
 

My first daughter, a gift from God, the daughter that was carried in another mother's womb. Today I think of her birth mother, and I wonder about the voice my daughter heard in utero, the sounds of laughter as her belly jiggled, the scents and sights my daughter took in during her first minutes of life. Wherever you are, know that your daughter is loved. With each day, I feel that I know you more and more. I know you through your daughter. Through my daughter. Our daughter has the most loving heart, the most beautiful eyes, a quirky little gait, and she loves to be held. She can suck down juice faster than any child I know, and can consume chips like they're going out of style. She does like her veggies, but her taste buds are all about the good stuff. She loves to sing, and she loves to color. She asks to pray, and she is the first one to run to someone in need. She enjoys learning, and wants to take care of her baby sister all the time. She is maternal, she is feisty, she is sneaky, and she is a doll. Thank you for the most precious gift of her. We hope that your mother's day is filled with peace and joy.
 

I love you guys so much. I thank God for each of you every day! DH - TEN YEARS ago today, we met for the very first time. I knew that very day that I wanted to marry you. I know I may not tell you all the time, but I am so blessed to be married to such a patient, loving, and fun guy. You still make me laugh, I love that we love to eat junk late at night together when the kids are in bed, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.

 

Gracyn, my "little mommy", my "girlfriend" - You are beautiful inside and out. I know in some ways you are probably still grieving. I pray that your heart continues to heal and that you're able to feel safe and loved.

Addi, my "boo" - You are an absolute joy. You are adored by your big brother and big sister, and your smile melts my heart. We are to blame for you not crawling yet. . .we just can't put you down! We love to hold you all day long.

Peyton, my "buh-buh" - You are so mature, and you are so sensitive. You will always be my baby, even if I can barely pick you up! Don't grow up too fast sweet p, enjoy your childhood, and be comfortable with who you are.

Morgan - I don't have a nickname for you yet, but I am thinking of you today. I don't know where you are, or if you've even been born, but I know you are or will be His child, and I pray that He chooses me to be your Mommy.

 

Mom, not a day goes by that I don't think about you and wonder what life on earth would be like if you could be here to enjoy and spoil your grandchildren. You're probably thinking, "oh my, you have 3 under 5, and you're still waiting for your fourth?!" Simply more to love. . .I think this may be the first mother's day that I will enjoy and not be filled with any grief. I will celebrate being a mother myself, thank you for making me the mother that I am, and I will think of you, the best mother of all. I love you Mom. I am blessed to have been mothered by you for 27 years and I continue to be blessed by all of the life lessons you taught me. (You know, like how important it is to have coordinating hair clips and bows with every outfit!)

Whether your a Mom, a Mama, a Mommy, a Mother, or an expectant Mother, we are all to be celebrated today. Happy Mother's Day to each and every one of you. May your day be blessed with joy.


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy Mother's Day:)

xoxo,

Lynn

Sue said...

Beautiful photos! Wishing you a very happy Mother's Day!

The Family K. said...

Happy Mother's Day. You're a great mom, Tiff.

Lisa said...

You have been richly blessed and deserve each and every moment of joy and happiness....as you bless your loved ones just as equally if not moreso!

A beautiful post from a beautiful Mama ~ happy Mama's day!!! Thank you for sharing your heart & your treasures with us!

Room for More said...

Beautiful posts and beautiful words! I pray Morgan will be in your arms soon! Happy Mother's Day!

Debra said...

Tell us about Morgan!!!!
So excited to hear this.
Happy Mother's Day!

lorabelle said...

Happy Mother's Day Tiff.
You are beautiful person and a wonderful Mommy!
Those pictures melt my heart...

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

amazinf pics. u r blessed my friend!!!!

Annie said...

That is a beautiful family.

ellieshine said...

I'm enjoying your blog - I linked from your comment on NHBO. Your family is beautiful! I loved reading your adoption story. I know exactly what you meant about loving a little one you have never seen - she has been conceived in your heart :)

Blessings.