I'm sure you're wondering what "Happy November 6th" is, and according to Hallmark, it's absolutely nothing. . .but for our family, it marks the day that Gracyn and Daddy made great strides. Darryl recently mentioned that he thought Gracyn was starting to bet "better" with him. . .and then last night when he came home from work, she put her arms up for him to carry her. Yep. . .Gracyn wanted to be in Daddy's arms. And well, it didn't stop there. Gracyn already ate dinner, and she seemed to really like it (must be the carrots!). . .so when Daddy was eating she went up to him and OPENED HER MOUTH TO BE FED! Now that's some serious progress. She went back for several bites and I swear she had been fed. And then a miracle happened. . .
November 6th was a Thursday which means what? Grey's Anatomy and ER of course. . .My one night of TV. So, since all was going well, I thought we'd try to have Daddy put her to bed. (I should insert her that big brother was quite a challenge yesterday - not listening, peeing on the bathroom floor instead of the white bowl, so I was determined to plop on the couch, fold some clothes and unwind.) I take Gracyn into bed with her bottle, subtly walk away, hop in the shower and leave her with Daddy. She fussed, cried a little, I heard Darryl yell, "Don't kick my neck!" I reminded him that he was making progress and now was not the time to discipline, and then the crying stopped. While she was still awake, I turned off the lights so I could sneak out - whew - success. . .I landed on the chaise. Half way through Grey's Anatomy, Darryl walks out. . .no loud banging on the walls from mad FEET, no crying hysterically to the point of mom having to go in to quite her down and wipe away tears and sweat. . .both kids sound asleep and the wondrous thing about it? I did absolutely nothing. . .that's why 11/6 should be a Hallmark day! It felt like one to me!
Update: I didn't post this for fear of jinxing myself. Gracyn sat on Daddy's lap while we dined out, which is a first, and Mommy got to do shopping with a girlfriend on Sunday after church with no tears from Gracyn.
I don't think I've ever done two posts without photos, so the next one will definitely include some new ones. . .
12 comments:
Tiff - this is WONDERFUL news! That's how it happened for us - one miracle day when J put her arms out to daddy. I was cracking up about the, 'Don't kick me in the neck.' These girls are fiesty, aren't they? I still hear, 'Don't slap me!' So happy for you and D. Peyton - same course as Mikey but it DOES get better. Slowly, but better.
It truly does sound a like a landmark day for everyone in your family. Congratulations on making such great strides forward.
should be hallmark day to mark that progress. how wonderful.
That's awesome Tiff!! So glad to hear she is wanting her Daddy, hallmark day indeed. :)
Your last comment on my blog had me laughing...I've discovered Matilda Jane clothes, they are so cute and comfortable. And my picky daughter will wear it happily. Here's the website. Hugs.
www.matildajanegirls.com
This is the best news!!! I am so happy to hear this progress with Gracyn!!! Praise God for daddy's girl! And yes, pictures on the next post is a MUST!
Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com
What a beautiful milestone! I am so happy for Daddy!
At Last....Daddy's little girl...
Don't kick me in the neck? That is hilarious!!! Ours was face scrunching, ouch! Never me, but poor Daddy! Not anymore though...
I'm so happy to hear that you were able to have some YOU time. It's very important and you really deserve it Tiff.
Take care,
Lora
I am so happy for Daddy! and Mommy! :)
hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
So happy that she is making progress, I remember the day Dave got to put Maya down for the night without a crying fit and it was bliss! Baby Steps! Congratualtions on another wonderful milestone miss Gracyn!
Janalee
Yeah!!!
She will probably wind up being TOTALLY a DADDY'S GIRL. (Our oldest utterly REJECTED her daddy in the beginning, but, within a few short years she was totally a daddy's girl. Now she is 13 and reminds me often enough that DAD is her FAVORITE! (sigh)...but I love it, too!
Tiffanie: that is super news. It took Katie three months before she was totally comfortable with Vince - he finally bought her love with ice cream, candy, McDonald's Happy Meals, and a pair of pink Dora sunglasses - now she is a daddy's girl. Susan
Oh Tiffanie! This is wonderful news and it even got me a little teary... Happy Hallmark Day! Wishing you many more or the same!!
Be blessed,
Courtney
Post a Comment