Since big brother started gymnastics tonight, I got to spend some one on one time with Gracyn. I think she loved having the bath to herself because she was pretending to swim in there on her tummy!
On Saturday, Gracyn said "Ma Ma"!!!! Clearly. YES! She finally starting to really babble and is starting to make sounds that are close to real word. "Joo" for Juice, "Bu-bu" for Bubble. . .she can almost point to her eyes, nose and mouth, but needs a little prompting. She still uses some sign language, but we're really working on verbal communication now. I had always worried about missing all of her firsts. . .then when she came home at age 2 and couldn't talk, I worried. . .Now, I'm remembering the joy of watching your "baby" grow and develop. It's such a joy!
We're nearing the one year anniversary of our referral, so I've been looking back on her very first photos (limited albeit) from Taiwan.
Here's her First Bath in Taiwan. . .This is when I panicked because as I washed her hair, I noticed that her head had a significant flat spot - thanks to Ramona, she quickly eased my worst fears. . .
Here she is at home!!! Now my challenge is getting her out and drying her hair without a fight!
So happy to NOT have to share the tub. . .
She actually sort of posed for me this time. . .
One year ago today I had no idea that He was about to reveal my daughter to me. For those who have been there, do you remember those days of waiting and how they quickly disappear once you see that picture? And then how the journey to bringing them home gets a little harder because you know your baby is out there. . .And finally. . .they come home and it's been a year since that magical first call? If you're waiting for your referral, know that these days grow fewer by the day, and like me and many others, you're waiting with nothing in sight. . .and then, the phone rings.
Praying for those of you who long to see your baby's face. Praying for those of you who are awaiting the news of day you will hold your baby in your arms. Praying for those of you, who like me, are still working on bonding and attaching, and feeling frustrated when things are moving backwards, sideways, and every which way but the "right" way. I can't wait to see what He has in store for all of us!
During my wait, I believe Judy K. encouraged me to revisit Jeremiah. And if my memory is failing me, I still reflect on this one quite a bit. . . Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

9 comments:
what presciouls mama daughter time :) enjoy :) I have been very reflective myself and Nov 4rd was our 1 year findin our sweet boy. today is 10 weeks in my arms! Looks like you may have a model on your hands!!!
Blessings and hugs,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
I'll bet your heart just melted when she said your name. I'm so glad you got to share that special moment with her.
that verse in Jeremiah is my all time fave. Grace is adorable.
Whew. Needed that. I kind of feel like we're bobbing around in an endless sea right now. Our wait is extended every time we call our agency, so I put little faith in the current time frame guess. It could be 3 months- it could be a year. I know that God has got His plan, but as you say, the waiting and the wanting-to-know is not easy. The reward is great, though, as you are living proof! May each day bring greater strides toward that tight, tight bond you crave!
Tisra
waiting for referral (on the FEC list 04/2007)
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com
How wonderful to hear her say MAMA!!! thank you for the adorable chinagirl PJ's...we LOVE THEM!!!
What a sweet, sweet smile!!!
Okay.. you just got me running off to grab my scriptures! ha ha No really, you did. I needed this encouragement! What a beautiful little blessing sitting in that tub (p.s. jadyn still doesn't want to come out and sometimes has 2 water times each night... a shower with Nika & a tub bath with Kole)!! I'm so glad she said Mama... actually had a dream the other night, that our dauhgter didn't say Mama ever & she was a teen in the dream!! Awk!
It is one of the hardest things I've ever done. Adoption is not for the weak and what definitely you are weak on... He strengthens you by leaps and bounds! Looking at those pictures on the fridge everyday makes it so hard to pry my eyes away and actually open the door.
"Plans to give me hope and a future... no harm intended" I think I'll say that to myself all day. Thanks for the pick-me-up... much hugs and love... Sara.Sofa
Tiff,
What an encouraging post. I have missed chatting with you sweet friend! I am so excited for Gracyn's 1st words and her love of bathtubs! She is getting more beautiful each and every day! hugs form TX--Shannon
girl is the same way. It is so hard to get her out of the tub after Daniel gets out. Sorry I haven't contacted you in a while. She looks all grown up! Praying for your situation. Maybe this will comfort you a little bit: my daughter also does the "I want you/ don't want you" routine on us. Caitlin changes her mind quite often. We didn't have that with Daniel, however, Daniel didn't have to "compete" for attention. Like you, I hope it is a "terrible 2" personality.
Post a Comment