Round 1
Peyton saw the purse that I recently bought for Gracyn. Just a cheap vinyl thing from Marshall's. He insisted that we go buy him one. Okay, fine. You want a purse? Do you see Dad or Gong-Gong with one? You still want one? Let's go. We'll get you a purse.
We shop around, find nothing. I was of course going to steer him towards a more masculine looking bag of sorts. He settled for nothing. As we made our way out, mind you he's now told me that he has to "go poop" - (geez, and I thought shopping only did that to Dads) we're making a mad dash out of the store. We. . .okay, I am not going to use the restroom at Marshall's.
As we make our way down an aisle, there are two ladies in front of us. Mr. Shy says, "excuse us" clearly and loudly, so they kindly move out of our way and we proceed. And then our conversation goes like this. (Picture me pushing a 40 pounder in a mini-cart as FAST as I can.)
P: "they're booties are too big."
Me: "shh, no, we don't say that Peyton."
P: "they're butts are too big???" posed as a question.
Me: "No, we don't say that either, you might hurt their feelings"
P: "they're bodies are too big????" again as a question, because he's searching for the "right" way to say this.
WHEW - they didn't overhear us, we made it out of store and thank goodness Grandma lives 3 minutes away from Marshall's and lets us use her toilet!
Round 2
Ever seen the "World's Fattest Man" on TV? Well, Peyton has seen the commercials for it, and when he's eating too fast, not chewing his food, or wanting to ride his motorized vehicles rather than his bicycle, I've sort of, well, used the Fattest Man to my advantage, telling Peyton that the Fattest Man got fat because he "ate too fast", for example. . .you get my drift. I'm not ashamed to talk about "fat" and to talk about what's healthy. I realized Peyton was starting to think his 90th percentile belly was funny and cute, which it is, but it's not healthy either.
Miss Gracyn has quite the breakfast appetite. I kid you not, she can eat 3 sausages, a piece of toast, some fried rice, a nibble of hash browns, you name it, she wants it and she'll eat it. And yes, the above is all in one meal. This morning she wanted MORE food and I jokingly told her, you're going to get fat silly girl!
Peyton busts out with the following: "Fattest Man didn't chew, didn't exerchige (exercise), ate too much mac n cheese, rode his atv. . ." He shakes his head with his eyes closed. . . "Fattest Man, Fattest Girl. . .that's going to be terrible!"
Oh Pey-Pey, you are too funny my sweet chunky monkey. And for the record, Gracyn actually does have a little belly now. Watch out Peyt! This is what your sister does before you wake up in the morning. . .After a piece of peanut butter toast she asked for the Gerber Stars. Of course I was cleaning up around the house, and then caught her stuffing an entire handful of stars into her mouth. By the time I got my camera, she had them in her mouth - notice the chipmunk cheeks??? She ate the rest of the can! Smiled about it, and went for the second can. . .oh dear. . .

4 comments:
I had to pick myself up off the floor imagining Peyt, in all his adult seriousness, asking about big people! The kid just cracks me up!!
I'm so envious that your kids eat well. Mikey is beyond picky knowing whether he'll like something or not just by looking at it and Jaden who wants to live on 'Ka Corn' (popcorn). What's your secret?
My secret is asking, "Who wants a snack? or Who wants (fill in the blank)?" Response - All raise their hands and say, "I do!!!"
Well, Gracyn raises her hand, but you get my point. I also keep snacks down low - they pick. If they're having dinner and don't seem thrilled, I'll add some chips or their dessert to their plates and then it all it gets consumed.
Funny thing Ramona - Peyt calls it Ka Corn too!
I'd be happy to share our blog. Are they going to taiwan/foster program? I have to have their email to send an invite. Let me know :)
peyton cracks me up!
Post a Comment