5.28.2009

All about the Baby. . .2 Chances to Win!

I've been a bad blogging mama. . .It must be true, by the time you get to your third child, there's less pictures, less documentation, less everything, is that right?

The Scare. . .
It's been weeks since I did a post all for the baby. . .Let's see, there was the night I was listening the baby's heartbeat with a medical grade Doppler and the heart beat was irregular. It was all over the place. I listened at 3 different times of the evening and it just wasn't normal. That of course lead me to call the Advice Nurse who had me come to Labor and Delivery to be checked. That was scary. They asked, "If your baby were to be born, is it okay to release the information?" Ummmmm. . .I was thinking to myself, we can't have a baby today, it's way too early. What I heard was right. It was an arrhythmia. I think I panicked because my mom had a heart murmur, and it was thought at one point I had developed atrial fib, so, of course my worry-wart side came out and there I was in the ER on a weekday at 11PM. Gown, medical bracelet and all. And I got my hand slapped for using the Doppler. I had never heard Peyton's hear beat irregularly, but apparently it can be normal, or it could have been due to a viral infection. We'll continue monitoring and pray for a regular heart beat by her birth!

Name Update
We're still undecided on names, but I will say one of our top picks was submitted by a reader! Stay tuned, and feel free to keep on sending in more ideas!

ETSY FINDS!
I've been trying to resist shopping, but it's so hard. I caved. I'm an ETSY fan, so I set out to find the perfect little accessories. . .Do you like what I had made for baby princess??? The matching sister clips were a surprise from Lisa!
 


Lisa from Kissable Kreations is amazingly talented!! AND, she's offering 2 chances to win.

Chance 1: Add her button to your blog (see my sidebar for code) and leave a comment on my blog.

Chance 2: Check out her site and leave a comment about your favorite Kissable Kreation on my blog.

PRIZE: Your favorite FLOWER CLIP or FLOWER HEADBAND for FREE! It can be any flower, even the ones you see on other items. If the headband you love is part of a set, no problem - she'll still ship it to you for free! Drawing will be on June 10th!

And if you don't win, she'll still offer you 10% off your purchase and free shipping for orders over $30. Be sure to leave "blessedwithsweetpeas" at checkout to receive the discount!

THE TEA SALE OF A LIFETIME!
I love Tea Collection! Vibrant colors, Asian flare, and they wash and wear remarkably well. (I hang dry.) Well, I walked into a boutique store that I had received a gift certificate to from my shower and decided I better just pick something out. I had hoped to find some newborn Tea items. It was my lucky day! The collection below was 40% off plus buy any 4 items and get the 5th free! WOO HOO TEA! Bought the dress in a bigger size for warmer weather. Can't wait to see the baby in these teeny tiny clothes. And better yet, we can buy matching sister sets for Gracyn and her moy-moy!
 


Friends are SWEET
Thank you Miss Milana and Family! Look what the mail brought recently?! Milana's mama should be packing and and painting, but instead she sent me CHOCOLATE, outfits for the baby, stickers and a book for the sibs, and a great musical/vibration gizmo to attach to the crib. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! p.s. Sara/Sofa - the candy was edible after all!! We just let it solidify to it's original state. Good as new! SAFE TRAVELS - now go bring that little monkey home already!
 


Belly Update
Belly is growing, baby is kicking. She's very low and and very active at night. I told Peyton his baby sister likes to do somersaults in my tummy so he goes telling everyone, "my baby can do somersaults!" I'm now exactly 9 toilet paper squares in girth. Why in toilet paper squares, not inches? Well, because if you really want to know how fat I've gotten you'll do the math, and frankly, the toilet paper is much easier to find in this house than a measuring tape. Peyton reminds me every day that I'm getting "like that fat" as he holds his hands out to measure my belly. I'll have to ask him to take a picture of my "fat".

13 comments:

The Family K. said...

Praying everything is well with the baby and that she doesn't make an early entree into the world. Cute clothes and way to go, Sofa! There's a woman with a big heart.

Staci said...

Don't ya just love how honest the kids can be, I'm laughing thinking of Peyt saying "like this fat". I just love that little guy!

Sorry about the baby scare. Being pregnant can be so scary. It will be September before you know it! Can't wait to hear the name. :)

Love the Tea clothes and the hair accessories. Super cute. I can't wait to see the girls in their matching outfits.

Big Hugs!

Sarah said...

Thinking of you and praying for little Mei Mei's heart. You know I'm a big fan of Tea, as well. What a find! I've never seen that print online in the past year. So cute! Way to shop! Oh, and just tell Daddy that you need to shop Etsy instead of playing around with the doppler. Sounds like a good excuse for plenty of retail therapy to me!

lorabelle said...

Hoping that little miss stays put a little longer. I'm keeping you in my thoughts Tiff, I know it's scary...
Gotta luv Peyt's words on mama's belly. Leave it to a little man to be honest huh? LOL...

The Tea line is absolutely adorable. I too really enjoy their clothing, although when I went to hit their big sale last weekend everything I wanted in Allie's size was no longer available... Uggg...I told hubby that I probably shouldn't wait for that dress I've been eyeing to go on sale, I should just bite the bullet and buy the stinken thing.

Hope that you don't wait so long to post. I enjoy your updates!

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Oh you sweet thing! You're welcome (and my pleasure, Jadyn loved picking them out with me)...glad you've enjoyed them.

I am praying for your little one and also your worrying state of mind (I know how that is hugely... I got a cervical cancer scare, led to biopsy, led to almost tearing cervix with Nika... whew... all ok, but wow, that can mess with your protective and mental bear-ness).

Those Tea outfits are adorable! Ahh... matching sets are so cute. I have always shied away from them at first (my mother was forced to wear them everyday with her sis until she was a teen) and now Nika and Jadyn do it on their own. Funny! I even do it now without thinking. I think they are a great idea.... just not on their first date! ha ha

HA HA... I'm imagining you chasing your tail in the bathroom trying to wrap that paper around. Little Peyton... ahhh, so cute. 9 toilet squares... very awesome growth skills you have littlest sweet pea... stay healthy and happy ... ok maybe switch the Taiwan time zone to U.S. daylight savings time. Yup, you definitely needed to crib thingy.
=0) Sara

The family of six said...

How scarey about the heartbeat. I used a doppler in one of my pregnancies - that's so interesting that they "slapped you hand" for it. I'm sure everything is ok. I love the hats - too cute!!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

loved all the updates in catching up the last few posts. how scary about itsy bits heartrate. I am sure they fussed at you for listening but GOOD THING you did. Now we know better how to pray :) Keep us posted on everything with you and all your sweet peas :)
hugs
Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this was delightful, with the exception of your scare the other day! No that is no fun and I'm so grateful to hear it all turned out well! You absolutely have our prayers!

But your sweet finds....those hats and hair clips are delicious....just delicious! And the Tea collections treasures were a find too! And presents sent by mail from a friend....that's magic by snail mail right there!

Cannot wait to hear the name and I'm smiling thinking of your nine squares....its all baby and its all glorious! :)
Hugs to you all!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thank you for your blog. My wife and I are new to the adoption community after just recently finding out that she can not have children.

When we thought about adoption I did what I do best and searched the internet and fell upon a few blogs.

Since then i've been reading religiously so far yours, 2babybos, and Kaz Japan Cuties.

We find comfort in your posts and knowing that there are others out there with us! We look forward to more from all of you!

Jose and Jen

Steve n Coco said...

Alright-- you convinced me!! I need some hair pretties around here :) I put the button on my blog!

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

I almost forgot about the cutey hair button blog Kissable things! I put the button on my blog.

I have new mom brain and she's not even here yet! Those are very adorable. Thank goodness for the crafty people in the world which I surely am not one. ha ha Maybe it's because I'm used to not getting hair bows and soon Milana will have yours in! ha ha Oh I can't wait... I am trying to be patient and post her in the outfit you sent while in TW... but I'm not a patient girl!

Steve n Coco said...

Alright, you talked me into it! I love EVERYTHING she makes-- I'm so deprived of pink and flowers and ribbons, OH MY! ;) But my most favorite is a toss up between the bubblegum pink butterfly clippie and the ladybug clippies (with the pink elephant clippies close behind!). So cute!

Oh, and by the way, as a nurse and a friend, please stay off the slip n slide!! HA!!

Tiphanie said...

So scary, Tiph! Glad everything is okay for now, and praying it will resolve itself before baby girl's birth.

I love Etsy, too! At first, I thought those hats were from another Etsy mama I found:amberneecrochet.etsy.com. Her little crochet hats are adorable... I'm thinking of getting one for Ainsley (I kinda just want to knit or crochet her one myself, though).

Oh, and I love Tea Collection, too! Great finds! They'll look so cute together!