When I look at your daughter, I think of you.
I may never know your name, I may never meet you, but I know you.
When I hold your daughter in my arms, and gaze into her eyes,
I know that I will tell her only the truth, and never any lies.
When I see your daughter smile I wonder if it's like yours or if it's her very own.
I know when you parted ways, He was with her and she was never alone.
When I watch your daughter cry with inconsolable grief,
Thinking of all she's been through in her life, it's completely beyond belief.
When I comb your daughter's hair, so black, so shiny and fine,
I know it's nothing she gained from me for it's nothing like mine.
When I hold your daughter's hand and we walk through the mall,
I reap the rewards of her looking like an absolute doll.
When I hold your daughter's face between the palms of my hands,
I know she'll always be the product of two families, two moms, two far away lands.
When I hug and kiss your daughter on Mother's Day, she'll hug and kiss me too,
I know I'm the lucky one, for it is me she knows as Mama, but know I think of you.
Happy Mother's Day to you, from your daughter's Mom.
10 comments:
Very sweet and special. Very appropriate and fitting for such a special time that must not be forgotten for all mothers alike. Sara.sofa
This is incredible. Thank you. BTW - did you write this???
That is pretty powerful Tiff.
tears are streaming down my face. thank you for sharing this.
Yes, I wrote this for Gracyn's first mother. I'm really her third. Birth Mother, Foster Mother, and then me, forever Mama.
I wonder if there's a Foster Mother's Day??
Hi Tiffanie!
Happy Mothers day!! This is such a special year for you!! You are a mom of 2 and one in the belly!! I am so excited for you and your family!! I hope you have an amazing day!! You are in my thoughts every day not just when I post!! Your poem is amazing and so true for many of us!!
This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Be blessed and Happy Mother's Day!
Courtney
So sweet and so moving. Thank you.
You hit the emotions spot on with this poem. Thanks for sharing your heart.
That is BEAUTIFUL!
We have NO birth family information AT ALL. SO many questions. No answers. I'm sure I'll have some of the same thoughts.
We are blessed.
Happy Mother's Day to you (belated at this time, obviously)
Tisra
dreaming of India
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
Post a Comment