5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day

As a mother myself, but with a mother who is no longer here on earth to celebrate with, mother's day is always bittersweet. Whether your male or female, married or single, with or without children, I don't think Mother's Day ever goes unnoticed by anyone. The one thing we all have in common is we have birth mothers. Some of us have may not have anyone to celebrate with and some may have several mother-figures to celebrate with, from Moms to Step-Moms, Foster Moms, Godmothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, and maybe even just female figures in your life who have been like a Mom. Whatever your situation may be, I pray today, that you all have peace in your hearts and that this is day you can smile upon.

My mom died just 2 months before Mother's Day in 2003. That was one Mother's Day that I couldn't find peace. Today I brought her a bouquet of flowers, the same one that Peyton gave to me, a balloon from Peyton for his "Poo-Poo in Heaven" and wished my own mom a Happy Mother's Day while sitting on a bench at her grave site. The photo below is in our living room and my bedroom. My very favorite photo of my mommy pushing me on a swing. Purely candid shot in black and white. I'll cherish it forever.
 

By Mother's Day 2004 I was an expectant mother. I am blessed that I really only had to experience one Mother's Day in a confused and painful state. I am so blessed to have my two children, and one on the way. To those waiting to become Mommies, or those waiting for another child, whether by womb or by adoption, the wait, the tears, the pain is all worth it! This past week, my first-born brought me such special treasures. Two flowers and a leaf. In reality, a weed, a rose petal, and a leaf, but you know what, he melted my heart when he brought them in for me hidden behind his back. Peyton, Mommy loves you so much - thank you for always making me laugh!
 

I spent my first Mother's Day with Gracyn taking her to urgent care. After spending sleepless night coughing my head off. Lovely. But, if you see the card I got from my dear hubby, he was spot on. And the beautiful cross I received, a gentle reminder that He is control, and He has blessed me with the joy of being a mother, whether I get to be pampered, or I'm pampering poopy butts. (Well, okay, DH actually has been doing most of the poopy diapering. I confess.) Gracyn, Mommy is so glad that you're home this year to celebrate with. It doesn't matter that we ended up home sick. What matters is that you're here with me, forever. Love you girlfriend.
 
Posted by Picasa

And in my womb grows my second daughter. A child I can feel, and who's heartbeat I can hear, but a face I have yet to see. Baby girl, as you continue to grow within me, I grow to love you and I long to hold you in my arms.

I am so blessed to the mom to two with one on the way. Happy Mother's Day to all the Mamas in the world!

As I write this post I can hear Peyton saying, I'm making a card for Mama. "Happy Valentine's Day!" he yells. As DH reminds him it's Mother's Day. He's at my lap now, with a "special treat" he says. And not far behind is Gracyn with a similar card, no words, but she motions that she made it for me. . .what a perfect way to end the evening. Sweet dreams.

10 comments:

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the most genuinely sweet mothers I have ever yet to meet in person but am so pleased to call you a friend. Miss Tiff you always make me smile. Much love this Mother's Day. Sara

The Family K. said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Kudos to DH and the gang for making it a special day. I hope Gracyn is feeling better.

Ramona said...

What a beautiful post and, yes, I giggled thinking about P thinking it was Valentines Day. So sorry to hear you're still under the weather. At least it sounds like the kids are feeling better.

Happy Mother's Day to you and your family!

Lisa said...

Oh, both this post and your previous post with the beautiful poem brought tears to my eyes.

You are indeed so blessed.....as is your family to be graced with such love, devotion, humor(not always easy!)spirit and beauty all wrapped up in you!

I hope you are all on the mend....and please know how very touched I was by the loving tribute to your beautiful Mama. She lives on through you all....

Hugs

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

That is such a beautiful post! I love the photo of your mother pushing you on the swing! She was very beautiful...just like you! What an adorable little girl you were. Your children are beautiful as well!

You left me a comment asking about my pending orders...but didn't leave your name. Please email me when its convenient to discuss.
Thanks so much!!!

Robin
redthreadstitch@aol.com

Steve n Coco said...

How is it that I always end up with tears in my eyes when I read your blog??? A happy Mother's day to you, my friend.
be blessed,
Courtney

Shannon R said...

Oh my goodness this is a beautiful post!Happy Mother's Day (belated) to you too! I hope you are all feeling 100% very soon!

Staci said...

What a beautiful post Tiff. Happy Mother's Day to an amazing mommy. I've learned so much from you! How bittersweet to not have your mom, but how wonderful to have two awesome kiddos and one on the way. Your mother was beautiful!!

Expecting Good Things said...

Happy Mother's Day Momma-o-3. Great Post but I want to see that pic of your mom and you on the swing close up. Looks like a great photo.
Holli

JackieMacD said...

Isn't it funny how we can express ourselves but when reading someone else who feels the same... I just shut down and don't even know what to say.

So I will say this. I feel ya, friend.

XO