According the polls, 12 to 8 in favor of a little sister.
Funny story before you start. . .a Pee story.
I was supposed to show up with a full bladder having emptied it 2 hours prior and having consumed 32 oz after that, but one hour before. I cheated. I peed later, I started drinking after, I only drank 20 oz, then I cheated again and went pee AGAIN before I left my office AND before registered. While waiting I still had to tell a complete stranger there is no way I could do this. She told me to release some but not all. Not a good feeling. Then I told another stranger, and a male at that, that I had to GO. The other male stranger overhearing this rushes to get my tech. ME, I disappear and go to the bathroom. To heck with this, this is crazy. As I walk out of the hall restroom, there's my tech. Busted - I'm afraid I'll be scolded. As I walk into the room with her, she points to the restroom and tells me I can empty my bladder, and that I'll be fine. THANK YOU Radiology Tech, THANK YOU. I went through all of that for NOTHING?!
If you can read sonogram pictures, the first one is the one that was all-telling. "Three Dots"??
Cute little toes. . .
And if you're like me and can't read sonograms, watch below as Big Brother Peyton reveals the news. . .
So, now the name game begins. I've never had a more difficult time choosing a name. Please SPAM me names. We were originally going for 6 letters, ending in "N". Hence, Peyton, Gracyn, Morgan. . .Peyton was almost a Dillon, or a Tatum. We've since considered Hudson, Jaxson, Carsyn, Harlan, we've broken the 6 letter rule and ventured into Jamisyn (for a girl). Darryl brought up Ava, and well, now that we know we're having a girl, this gives you a feel for the types of names we like. Generally, non-gender specific. I love Maggie, Tessa, and Isla, no go with DH. He says Isla is too close to Ay-Ya (sounds like EYE-YA, translation for "OMGoodness" in Chinese slang.)
Forget the rules, just give me names. 3 letters, 12 letters, 1 syllable, 3 syllables. Flood me with names! I promise I'll send you a prize if you name my baby! Include middle names too. Update: I actually wrote this before I knew for sure what the results would be. Proof to myself that my instincts are spot on! While driving to dinner, the license plate frame on the car in front of us had "Daddy to ____ & ____" and I saw a name that I have always loved and had forgotten about. We're feeling pretty good about this one, but would still love to hear more suggestions.
And since Sarah is offering candy bribes, here's a couple of belly pics. . .I feel much bigger than I look in these photos. Perhaps it's the angle or the mirror.
Peyton's "reveal" above was pre-recorded. I had him do one for a baby "brudder" and one for a "sister" - He revealed the news to himself by playing the video. His response was hysterical. Here's a replay (please excuse the mess in the background, but it WAS one of THOSE moments, just watch:
Oh buddy, I'm so sorry. But you are so funny and you'll always be my baby boy. My ONLY baby boy. Thanks for the laugh sweet pea!
Are you ready to be a big sister Gracyn??? You're a big girl now if you can dip Oreos in a cup of milk!! Happy 8 months baby girl. I can't believe how time flies.
Please pray for a comfortable remainder of my pregnancy. All through the HEAT of summer! Please pray I don't get PUPPS (BAD RASH) like I did with Peyt, although I already have signs of it. Please pray for a healthy baby girl who's already made it half way through her journey to joining our family! We are so blessed and so thrilled to be having another daughter!
19 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! I knew it! (I guessed correctly!) Very, very happy for all of you!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that Peyton's response was so funny! You heard him, Tiff! You're gonna have to get pregnant again so he can have his little brudder!
WOW!! This ranks up there as one of my favorite posts EVER!!! LOVE IT!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
As for names..I am so excited to find someone who thinks outside the box like me!!! Some names we are considering are Paxton, Genivieve (Gia or Vivi), Maddon, Cecily, Camden, Piper, Linley, Braylon, Caden, Amalie, Brogan, and Maisy.
Good luck!! Can't wait to hear what she will be named!!!
Hugs, Jill
YIPPEE YIPPE YIPPEE :) For once I am right :) I am so happy for you :) Course I would have been happy the other way too! :)
Your newest angel is as beautiful as the other 2 :)
hugs
Tami
Noah, Celeste, and Jeremiah's mama
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
www.jeremiahspromisejohn1418.blogspot.com
WOOOHOOO!! Congratulations! You are so teeny and look at your beautiful tum... absolutely gorgeous! Rub it for me for good luck. ;0) Awesome news! So names... oh man... Nika was almost Kayden. I've always liked Charlotte but Donnie would never go for that. I will have think on the "N" thing. Anyways, had to stop packing long enough to say Yippee!!! love ya Sara
YAY!!!!! This is so exciting! And I laughed out loud hearing Peyton's response-- he's so non-chalant "you're going to have to get pregnant again..." So FUNNY!
Of course you have my prayers. I know what it's like not having easy pregnancies.
Be blessed,
Courtney
Oh Tiff, Congratulations!!!
Just had that feeling... I guess you'll be holding on to that dress, huh? LOL!!! Too funny.
I'm so happy for you.
Your tummy is adorable, by the way. Can totally relate to the rash. I got it too with 2 out 3 of my pregnancies. They were able to give me something for the itching though, but it was still aggravating.
Can't wait to hear what you decide to name her!
ACK!!!! I knew it! I love Peyton's response. How funny. I like: Ava, Eva, Audrey, Emma, and Violet. I don't think far outside the box.
Peyton, high-fives little man. Thanks for the belly pics!
Woo hoo! Your team is in the lead now! I would've bet money it was a boy, which tells you how off I am.
LOVE so many of the names you picked that could be boy or girl -- I've always loved Dylan and Ryan for girls... Jamyson is fantastic. Addison, Camryn, Emerson.
Also love Jill's Camden above.
Can't wait to see you all again, hopefully before baby #3!
Yay, I had a hunch it was a girl too! :) Congratulations happy Mama! You look fab and of course prayers are coming your way!
Lauren was almost an Emmerson Grace...Emmi Grace for short! Our sweet friends have a Piper and Hayden(ends in "n", six letters...lol) and both are girls!
Other fun ones might be: Carli, Alina & Alex!
Have FUN choosing the perfect name for your family! I'm certain whatever it is, will be terrific!
~Lisa
Yay! Another girl! I loved the video with Peyton - actually, I loved both. Funny, funny boy...
Hmm... names, names... The first one that comes to mind is "Eden." I'll have to sleep more on this one.
How wonderful! You look great - I wish I was that little pregnant! My favorite girl names (besides Sarah of course ;-) are Grace, Ava, Lily and Natalie.
What, no phone call? Yay it's a girl!!!! I knew it (okay, I hoped it :0) Can't wait to hear the names you come up with. You know I'm partial to Ava since that's Mylee's middle name.
Congratulations! I was feeling "vibes" that you're going to have a girl from the start. Names to consider...Caitlyn, Cailin, Addison, Allison, Eileen.
I went and reread your post and you said you like nongender names - how about Jordan, Noa, (there is a girl named that in Noah's class I thought it was cute) or Baylee?
Okay, a few more: Caitlin, Katherine, and a name more off the beaten track: Eowyn. (Lord of the Rings, anyone?) I met a girl named that this weekend and thought she fit the name very well.
I voted girl!!! The first time I read this, the 1st video of Peyt didn't play so as I read I saw a list of boy names and thought I got it wrong. Then I saw Pety's 2and video (hillarious, of course!) and realized you're having a girl!!!!
Your little belly is SO cute and it looks like you're doing a fantastic job of keeping in shape.
Congrats to you all!
So excited for you. If I think of any original names I'll pass them on. Great to catch up a bit and hope to see you soon.
Lori
Congratulations! So exciting! I sure couldn't tell from the sonagram - or see any "dots"! LOVE Peyton's response, and the way he says "brudder" - too cute. Some name ideas - I don't think any fit your rules, but maybe you could modify into something you like...
Rebecca, Veronica, Theresa, Elizabeth, Victoria, Carlyn, Lily, Ellie, (obviously, we go for the old fashioned names). So much fun!
Post a Comment