Apparently the two departments have some
About an hour went by, and I decided I better use the restroom before they call me back to recovery. I left DH with all the gear, and walked down the hall. I'm very aware these days of "how" I walk, to make sure I'm not waddling. I come back, and do you know what my DH said? "Hon, you have a swagger." THANKS, you mean a
Peyton cried like a baby when he awoke. The wristbands and BP cuff bothered him more than anything. Poor Peyt. Once everything was disconnected, they let us take him home. He slept the whole car ride home. And when he awoke he was HUNGRY. He ate quite a bit of noodles and juice. Then he had Pamillwa Favorites and cake. And we thought he'd lose weight?! Well, the meds must have masked the pain enough for him to eat yesterday, because today, he won't eat.
I'm so glad he did so well, but can I be honest? He is such a typical male. His whole world is crumbling. When Gracyn is sick, she sucks it up. Don't get me wrong, I know he's uncomfortable and I AM ABSOLUTELY babying him to no end, but he's milkin' it too. I'm feeding him with baby spoons, and taking him to the bathroom, and giving up my bed. . .And, please, keep in mind that today he was well enough to go with me to a doctor's appointment, ask to go to Target, and WALK all the way to the DVD section, peruse all selections, and decide on yet, ANOTHER Tom and Jerry movie. Thank you for all of the prayers - now that he's home recovering, it is ME that may need the prayers - prayers for patience to endure the recovery period. I can only watch Bolt so many times you know. I think it's been played, oh, about a dozen times. I guess now we have Tom and Jerry, Fast and Furious. Oh, and then yesterday night, he insisted on watching his "Birth Day" video. Note to self: Do not watch self in labor and delivery weeks before due with 3rd child. Causes anxiety. Oh, and I do have Gestational Diabetes, so to top it all off, I'll have to meet with a dietitian, use a glucose monitor and do finger pricks 4 times a day, and TAKE a

8 comments:
Glad to here Peyton is home and doing ok. Hang in there mommy! Wow, that is a hoot watching yourself give birth at this point :) Well, you know now not to do that again :) heehee Praying for Peyton but mostly for you now :)
Big hugs
Tami
I'm glad to hear all went well and he's recovering like a "typical male". :) I know when Justus gets sick his world is falling apart. ugh! Praying you have one of those 15 minute labors you hear about on TV. Waddle is a word that a hubby should NEVER say, EVER. Swagger sounds better.
Holli
Wonderful to hear that Peyton pulled through the surgery like a (hungry) champ. Praying the same for you in the last stretch of your pregnancy. Sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes. What a bummer.
Oh thank goodness he had his surgery done before your little baby comes. I did the same thing with Kole (tubes and adenoids thingy) one month before Jadyn. It was such a blessing as he was finally well. I can't help it Tiff... you are so cute! Even when you're utterly peeved, you have that I'm-prego-and-grumpy-don't-mess-with-me cuteness! Sorry aboout the gest. diabetes... that was a big fear of mine... hang in there chica... (yeah, I know you're thinking, what in the world am I going to do otherwise... I have no choice). If it makes you feel better... my hubby used to make cruise ship horn noises when I walked and called me the S.S.B. At least you get a swagger... I get a dock!
Recover soon little Peyton!
I have to agree with Judy. The more annoyed you get, the more entertaining you become. You're beautiful! (not that you'll believe me right now.)
I have questions re: adenoids... I'll email you. My own bubba might need that too.
Glad I came over to read. Lots of posts since I last stopped by!
Hi Tiff
Glad to hear all went well with surgery and he's home! I can imagine you need prayer for patience as all men are really alike from birth til the end!! They need all the attention and amazing amount of annoying attention!! Can't believe you wached the video and looking forward to baby #3 to arrive!! Miss talking to you but know you are always in my prayers and I do read your blog very very regularly!!
Take care and hang in there!
Pam
So glad to hear that Peyton made it through okay. I had the tubes surgery at about that age and still to this day remember that same groggy, emotional feeling of waking up out of the anesthetic. YUCK.
Praying for you especially now. Take care of yourself and especially your G Diabetes. Tough stuff, so sorry to hear it.
So glad to hear that Peyton is on the mend and couldn't agree more about the whole "guy" thing! Worlds collide or halt when DH so much as gets the sniffles.....Mamas don't get that lux treatment!! :)
AND hey, take good care of yourself too please!!
Lisa C. of destination-taiwan....not sure why, but having to comment in anonymous...maybe "blogger" is an ailing male today! LOL
Post a Comment