The first two photos on the left were taken on 6/6, and second two from 6/23. I can't believe what a difference just 17 days can make. Peyton gets super excited when he can feel "his" baby kick. Gracyn likes to point to mommmy's belly and say, "bay-bay" for baby. Peyton will even talk and sing to her! It's so sweet. This baby can do tricks! You can see my belly "jump" when she gets excited. This is the part about being pregnant that I love most - feeling her within me.
The not so fun part is being exhausted, and feeling overwhelmed. As I write this, we've just past the 10 month anniversary of having Gracyn in our lives, I'm approaching 30 weeks of being pregnant, I have a laundry list of things I
My original list:
Finish Gracyn's Life Book
Archive remainder of 2008, and 2009 photos
Finish Digi-Scrapping for Gracyn's first year home
Finish the girls' room
Plan Gracyn's 3rd birthday party (early)
My revised list:
Peyton's tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, and possibly tubes
Cut vacation short for the above surgical procedures
Take
Arrange for 3 music therapy evaluations, BEFORE she turns 3!
UGGHHHHH. . .
Retail Therapy
I have had some fun shopping for baby girl #2. She still does not have a name since DH and I can't agree upon one yet. We're fortunate to have so many great hand-me-downs, but Peyton wore "preemie" clothes for at least a couple of months, so I got to splurge on some "P" and "NB" clothes in PINK. Oh, and I picked out fabric and got to design my own diaper bag with a NEW favorite ETSY seller! This bag rocks! The pockets fit a thermos and wide bottles, and there's a gazillion pockets! With three in tow, gotta make sure there's room for sippy cups too! There's a key fob inside so I don't lose my
The Wait
I remember reflecting upon the wait for Peyton while I waited for Gracyn, and I've been reflecting again, but this time upon how the wait for Gracyn is different from the wait with baby #3. With Gracyn I think I was definitely more emotionally stressed from so many unknowns. Having photos of a child, a name, and a growing love without ever having known her or ever feeling her in my arms was sometimes unbearable. With this pregnancy, which hasn't been easy, there are unknowns, and yet the familiar growing love, but with no idea of what she looks like, what size she'll be, or how thin or thick her hair will be, but I can feel her. That's for certain. Within the last couple of days, she's been kicking and punching like crazy. With this baby, there's also an "end in sight" - a due date. With Gracyn I felt like I was way overdue and no one would induce me. I don't have to wait for a phone call to have my baby, I'll just be waiting for my water to break or for my braxton-hicks contractions to turn into the real deal. I won't have to talk to a travel agent this time around, just call Labor and Delivery and let them know we're on our way. Then again, with Gracyn I knew when I should rest, and knew when I'd be meeting her so I could be prepared. With this one, who knows it will be morning, noon, or night, in the office, in the car, or at Peyton's first soccer game. The journey to each child so unique and special, and it's all in His time. I'm going to embrace it and enjoy it, 100 degree weather, swollen fingers and ankles and all!
Prayers
Praying for discernment on how to simplify our lives, so we can be in the best place possible when our baby arrrives. Praying for no gestational diabetes, a safe third trimester and delivery, a healthy baby, and lots of quality time with Peyton and Gracyn before they have to share mommy three ways!



10 comments:
You look great!!! I think Mommy's been doing a lot of "growing with grace" lately. :) My do to list changes like yours nowadays, too. A year ago, I'd make a list... check it twice... and get everything accomplished. Now I'm fortunate if I get number 1 done.
Love the belly pics! You look awesome! When pregnant, I can't even remember to make a to do list, so I'm impressed with yours!
You do look great! Yes I agree - adopting is a harder "pregnancy". How exciting you are almost there. Thanks for following our journey again last year, it's hard to believe a year has passed!
That's a great post. Looks like you're all baby. Love the photos. Can't wait to see New Baby Girl. Really cute diaper bag too. That's cool that you got to design it. Happy 4th of July!
Holli
You really do look terrific even though I'm sure you're not feeling great. Especially in this weather! I love this post because it reminded how different every child's journey to us is special and unique. I'll be praying for you my friend. Hugs!! Happy 4th.
How beautiful...Your post and your tummy! I used to dream that I would look like that when I was pregnant, and then I'd go look into the mirror and cry my eyes out!LOL
Love your etsy finds and your to do list. I have a feeling it will all fall into place. No worries Mama...Try to relax and enjoy your summer.
Sounds like someone's been doing a little nesting lately, eh?
You're right in saying that each child has his/her own unique "pregnancy" story. I'm praying this last stretch of yours is complication-free and goes easy on Mom.
I am getting more and more excited for you friend! My prayers are with you and the newest sweet pea! and your other sweetie's too :) I love your retail therapy! :) such cute cute things :) Wish I was close enough to give you a baby shower! :)
BIG hugs,
Tami
Beautiful tummy....beautiful sentiments too! I too believe the endless "to do" list will work itself out one way or another!! Somehow that stuff just always does!!
Retail therapy helped me along with way too..... :) Gotta love it! And that diaper bag...gorgeous!
Lisa
What an adorable little belly! And how is the rest of you staying so small???? Tiff - I'm feeling big for you. 2 toddlers and a precious little one on the way. You're doing good girlfriend - kids look happy & healthy and you're at a good safe gestation. Just a little more to go my friend...let me know if there's anything I can do for you. :-)
PS. Awesome shopping!
Post a Comment