9.15.2009

The day is here. . .

No spontaneous arrival from little Miss so we'll be heading in shortly to be induced. It's surreal. It's a mix between the arrivals of my first and second. As I got ready this morning, it reminded me of the morning I got ready to meet Gracyn. Although it's like Peyton's arrival too in that while we're walking in to the hospital, who knows how long the birthing process will take. Peyton prayed for my recovery last night, and told me to ask the doctor if I could just stay ONE night because I need to get home to my "other baby" - as he pointed to his forehead.

As I type, DH is laughing at me for "blogging" before I leave for the hospital. Then I remind him that this is my journal, and if I don't document what I'm feeling right now, I'll never get it back. His response, "True." I'm surprisingly calm and comfortable. Praise God! More than anything I'm excited to see the face of little Miss. She seems like an easier baby from within the womb, than Peyton. It's been so long since we've had a teeny tiny peanut in the house, so I hope my newborn care taking skills kick in naturally! I remember being a little scared (although I would have never admitted it then) bringing Peyton home. Not to say that I wasn't a little out my element taking Gracyn back to the hotel either!!

I'm praying for a comfortable and safe delivery! Praying Peyton and Gracyn behave for Gong Gong, and that they are free of any anxiety or worry! Peyton's been praying his sister grows "straight" - (From the book, God Gave Us You, the Mama prays that her baby's bones grow straight.) Get ready my two sweet peas, baby is coming home soon. . .

To My Littlest Miss,
I have enjoyed feeling you move about within me. (Minus those periodic painful jabs!) I am so blessed to have been entrusted to become your Mama, and I can't wait to see what you look like. I have an image in my mind, and in just a short while, we'll see how good my instincts are! We have yet to decide on your first name. We want to see what you look like before we make that very important decision. You have a very excited big brother and big sister waiting for you! Big brother is ready to help with diapers, wipes, and feeding. Big sister just adores babies and will be running to you every second you make a peep. I love you my littlest sweet pea and I can't wait to hold you in my arms!!

15 comments:

Staci said...

Praying for a fast, safe and healthy delivery :) I'm so excited for all of you!! Can't wait to see little Miss and to find out what her name will be. Your motherly instincts are amazing so you will be just fine my friend. I can't believe your beautiful little girl is on her way!!!
Love you!
Staci

Ramona said...

Tiff! We missed you at the Fair Oaks picnic. I visited with Staci & Lori lots. We were wondering if little Miss Y the 2nd had arrived yet. You've answered our question! So excited - can't wait to see pics, meet her, know her name...

Thinking of you all!

KT said...

I hope have everythign goes well; how exciting!

The Family K. said...

I'm so excited for you! I was just thinking about you earlier today and was wondering where things stood with the delivery. I'm praying for an easy delivery, quick recovery, and an easy transition for the entire family.

Ruth said...

I know you're just a little busy at the moment & won't read this for awhile, but I am sending thoughts & prayers for a smooth delivery & for a relatively smooth transition once you bring that sweet little one home. All the best! Ruth

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! We can't wait to meet the newest little sweet pea. We'll be praying for a smooth and easy delivery and for a happy homecoming for your Little Miss.
Love and blessings,
Teresa

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Can't wait to hear all about it! Fingers crossed for an easy delivery and healthy baby girl.

lorabelle said...

Thinkin about ya Tiff and sending soothing and comforting vibes your way. I've had my own experiences with induced labor, so I'll just keep them to myself and wish you the VERY best! My "little Miss" is sitting here grinning ear to ear in hopes of seeing a picture of your little Miss... I think she'll settle for a post with Payton and Gracyn though...
Please ask your awesome hubby to keep us in the loop!
Lora

Shirley H. said...

cant wait to see little miss! have a safe and smooth delivery!

Donna said...

It's been eighteen hours since you posted. I hope you've finally seen your Little Miss and everyone is healthy!

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Lisa said...

Happy joyful tears. Praying for a safe delivery and KNOWING you will be blessed for a third time beyond words.

Thank you for sharing your reflections with us all....so lovely!
Hugs and thinking of you,
Lisa

Terry said...

I hope your Little Miss makes her debut healthy and safely! Soon you will be a family of five, blessed in so many ways! Looking forward to seeing her beautiful pictures!

Tisra said...

CAN'T WAIT FOR DETAILS!!!!

JackieMacD said...

Where is she, woman! It's not like you just gave birth or something!

SO excited for the whole Y family. Welcome to the world, little miss!

Steve n Coco said...

Oh! I have no idea how I missed this! I feel like I've been stalking your blog lately :) I have been praying for you, though, and will continue as you recover. She is in your arms right now!! What a blessing all these sweetpeas are.