9.02.2009

We interrupt this blogcast. . .

I'm now 38 weeks pregnant, and only 1 cm dilated, but due to the gestational diabetes, I am officially on the schedule to be induced on 9/15. Unless of course baby doesn't pass her antepartum test (checking her size and amniotic fluids), in which case I could be induced earlier. Or there's always His plan which could reveal itself at any given moment.

So, that gives me a maximum of 12 days, right? And on that checklist of mine are the following to be completed before baby arrives:

Antepartum Appointment (hopefully baby passes)
Assessment by Speech Therapist at School District
Assessment by Physical Therapist at School District
IEP meeting with Speech, Physical, Occupational, and Director
Lab work for Gracyn (DNA Test)
MRI and CT Scan for Gracyn (more to come on this one)
Finish Gracyn's "Gotcha Day" Posts
Finish Digi-Scrapping Gracyn's first year home
Sterilize bottles (just in case) and pacifiers
Pack a bag for the hospital
Get a pedicure

Anything I'm forgetting???

Oh, I know. . .decide on a name for the baby!! That won't be revealed until she's born, but I will say one of our top three choices was submitted by a reader. Here were the submissions:

Eden (submitted by Judy)
Grace (submitted by Marina)
Ava (submitted by Marina and Sarah)
Lily, Natalie (submitted by Marina)
Eva, Audrey, Emma, Violet (submitted by Sarah)
Jamyson, Addison, Camryn, Emerson (submitted by Jackie)
Hayden, Carli, Alina (submitted by Lisa)
Paxton, Genevieve, Madden, Cecily, Camden, Piper, Linley, Braylon, Amalie, Brogan, Maisy (submitted by Jill)
Kayden, Charlotte (submitted by Sara)

Any other name suggestions out there? Any reminders or tips you have for me?







5 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG, I am simply so excited for you and your beautiful family! Of course I'm praying for a healthy remainder of your pregnancy(& baby too!!) & I am amazed at how organized you are, with lists and the presence of mind to share all of this with humor and grace!

Please please please tell me that you are relaxing & pampering yourself just a bit? You deserve it!

I love many of the name suggestions and cannot wait to see what you choose; I don't think you can go wrong with any of them!
*hugs*
P.S. Feel free to tell your fam. that I said you need some TALL pampering....*grin*....they can email me any grievances! LOL ;)

The Family K. said...

My head was spinning as I saw your to-do list. I hope you are doing your best to take it easy and enjoy the "slower" pace while you can.

Now I'm REALLY curious to find out what you name your daughter. I'm sure that whatever you choose will be good.

lorabelle said...

What a list! I was hoping you would kick back and relax some...
Love the names! I like the way Peyton, Gracyn and Audrey sound together though so I think that's my favorite today. Have a wonderful week and TRY to take it easy!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I am sooo excited for you :) I can't wait! :) PLEASE keep us posted when the newest sweet pea makes her entrance! As for names I heard one the other day and it made me think of you! It was a little girl name Peyson! I am not sure if it was spelled Peyson or Payson because I HEARD it not saw it but it was like combining Grayson and Peyton and so of course I thought of you :)

hugs friend :)

love ya
Tami

Steve n Coco said...

Everytime I get a moment to check blogs, yours is always the first one I head to in hopes of some news!!

Oh and I'm glad you have pedicure on that list, but how about "take a nap?" Nah, I suppose that one's out-- who can sleep at 38 weeks pregnant? ;) Just take care of yourself!

Be blessed,
Courtney