10.09.2009

Little Miss Addi is 3 weeks old!

I started this post a couple of days ago, but thanks to Lora's comment I'm just going to post it. . .so in advance, please forgive any typos, grammatical goofs, or things that just don't make any sense!

THANK YOU EVERYONE. . .
I can't believe my littlest sweet pea is 3 weeks old already. And shame on me for not posting any updates or photos. . .Thank you for all of the sweet comments! I can't believe Addi holds the record for most comments on our blog! If there are other blog followers out there, we'd love to hear from you and we'd love to check out your blog as well! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, because quite frankly, I don't have any fancy gadgets or the high-tech knowledge to know who's stopping unless you make yourself known.

Here's Addi at 5 days old. . .
 

 


Post-Partum Misery Recovery. . .
Addison is the best baby ever. My recovery after returning home, not so good. I ended up in the ER a couple of days after coming home. I was short of breath, and was retaining a ton of water. I had to leave DH home with all 3 kids while my dad took me to the ER. I had a blood test, urine test, EKG, Chest X-Ray, and a CT Scan for blood clots. Praise God that I passed all the tests and ended up with a diuretic via IV. Let's just say, don't leave the hospital after getting a diuretic via IV, okay? Pee first, then get in the car! A couple of days later I still was still feeling short of breath. I lost about 3-4 lbs of water with the first diuretic, but still no relief. I had to go in again, this time for an echocardiogram. All of the patients in the waiting room were ogling over my newborn. After all, I was the only thirty-something patient in cardiology. Praise God again that I didn't end up having cardiomyopathy (can be fatal), and I was prescribed a diuretic. Rule number 2: Don't go to Costco after just starting a diuretic. Must wait at least 5 days before your body adjusts.

All about Addi. . .
Now back to Addi. . .my sweet baby girl. . .She is a doll. An angel. God knew what we could handle, and with the other two kiddos, Addi is everything we could have hoped for! She's a good eater and a good sleeper. After being in the ER, we had to start her on a bottle, so DH feeds her some time between 2 and 3AM, and then I feed her some time between 4 and 5:30AM. She crinkles her brow when she's awake, and she loves to be held. She sleeps in her bouncer the best, and likes her bottles warm. The day she held my finger as I fed her melted my heart. There is something to be said about being a more mature parent. I have thoroughly embraced being a mom to a newborn. Not something I can say I did with Peyton.

Addi and my mom. . .
The first days home I was so worried that something was seriously wrong with me that I'd hold her and cry. I didn't want anything to take her away from me. Since my mom died I have been searching for closure. Addison represents that for me. I realized just days before she was due that the suite number of my doctor's office was the date of my mom's death. I also realized that Addison's Chinese zodiac sign is the same as my mom's and their elements are even identical. They're both born in the Year of the Ox, with Earth as their element. My mom would have adored Addi.

My little miss model. . .
I've been taking a ton of pictures of Addi. My favorites are being used for her announcement which I'll post soon, but here's a few others until I get around to mailing it out before I post it!

Addi at 2 weeks and 2 days old. . .
 

 

 

 


19 comments:

Steve n Coco said...

Yay! I've been waiting for this post!! I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a rough time, medically. How scary. I can only imagine how you must have felt. Don't forget you're being raised up on eagle's wings.

Little Addi is PRECIOUS. She is just DELICIOUS!! There is just no other word. What a gift.

Praying all is well with everyone in your family and their adjustments.

Be blessed,
Courtney

Sarah said...

Yay! I've been waiting for this post, too! (Way to go, Lora. Thanks for begging for it for all of us.) That is one adorable little sweet pea in her little pod. How do you tear yourself away from holding, kissing, and smelling that baby goodness? I'd want to sit with her and take photos all day long, too.

The Family K. said...

So glad to hear you're doing okay. Whew - that must have been scary.

It IS really special how God knows just what we need and can handle when it comes to children. I'm really happy to hear that you're finding some closure on your mom's passing through Addi's birth.

And how about those rockin' photos? Can't wait to see the announcement picture - please do post it one day. I'm sure it'll blow us away.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

awwwww soooo prescious :) YOU are so blessed :) THANKS for sharing. PRAISE God your heart is good! I ALWAYS KNEW THAT! :)

love ya :)

hugs
Tami
BELIEVING in FAITH for God to provide funds to bring Jeremiah home quickly!
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Oh sweetie, I am sorry to hear of your complications!!! You must have been so scared.

Addi is GORGEOUS! I look at her sweet pictures and wonder if that is what Lucy might have looked like at that age. Thank you for that. :)

Glad to hear she is such a great baby! Hope all is well with you all!

Hugs, Jill

Expecting Good Things said...

Oh Tiff, she is GORGEOUS!! I'm glad everything turned out ok. I hope you're feeling better. I was glad to see a post. Take it easy girl. I love the name Addi. So sweet.
Holli

Ramona said...

Man oh MAN I've been waiting for this post!!! Was getting ready to email you but didn't want to bug you right now. Addi is SO BEAUTIFUL - like a porcelain doll.

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. I'm close enough so if there's anything I can do, meet you at a park to get the 2 older stinkers off your hands, make mac-n-cheese, whatever. Let me know.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a beautiful baby. So sorry about the rough time you've been having. I hope you getting feeling better soon.

Staci said...

Addi is GORGEOUS, precious, and oh so darling! I can't wait to meet her! Such beautiful pictures.

So sorry about your health issues...so scary. So glad everything is okay now.

I ended up having a crazy day (forgot J had a doc's appt), anyways I couldn't find a decent child free moment to give you call. You'll be hearing from me really soon :)

Hugs

Pam Caro said...

sOh Tiff I am so sorry things have been a litte rough on you!! But your doll baby Addi is too adorable!! This statement coming from one who never says newborn children are cute!! She is precious!! I hope your family is adjusting and you are feeling better!!

Love,
Pam

Robin said...

What beautiful pictures. She is so precious. Congratulations. I hope that things go smoother from here on out.

Lisa said...

Oh goodness.....there is more than one angel afoot at your blessed home! How you have handled this all with such grace and even humor is so humbling and I am simply left in awe of you....again!! AND so thankful that your medical scare has passed and that now you can simply be in the moment and relish your time with this incredible miracle baby girl!

And what a baby girl!! Goodness, she just takes my breath away with her beauty, sweetness and innocence. How ever are you going to pick just a few photos for an announcement? I would have to send out a small booklet! LOL She's just gorgeous!!

I treasure what you shared about her special connection with your Mom and I'm certain your Mom is watching over you all with such pride, joy and love. What a celebration of life this baby is!!

All my best to you all during this amazing transitional time.....you are doing so beautifully and thank you for taking a moment to share a bit of your joy with us.....it can't be easy finding the time!!

Hugs!!
Lisa

shelley said...

WOW, she is truly breathtaking. So glad that all is ok with your health. Being short of breath for no reason can truly be scary.

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

OH MY LORD!! Addi is one GORGEOUS baby girl and I'm not even the mother so I'm not biased. Big Congratulations to you and your beautiful family!!! I'm so sorry you had to endure your trauma in the ER after the birth. Yikes! How scary. I read about your blog through the Cole Connection. We adopted a baby girl from Taiwan through JOH last Christmas which brings our total to three wonderful children. Stop by and check out my new blog www.savingsarahsullivan.com if you like or the blog we did for Kate at ourbaobeibaby.blogspot.com Not that you will have any time to do anything other than sleep, feed, and clean up spit up off your clothes for the next six months. Ha! Enjoy your precious baby. Sarah = )

Adoptive Mommy x 3 said...

oh Tiff, Addi is beautiful! She fits right in with your beautiful family! Glad you're feeling better too!

-Ery, Gregor, Emi, Miya, Nikko

lorabelle said...

Tiff,
I'm so so sorry to hear that you've had to go through so much after coming home. That sounds super scary to me! Its hard for me to find the words, but reading about the closure that you've found recently of your mothers passing, while nurturing & bonding with Addi really touched me. I am sure beyond a doubt and your mother is so proud of you right now and that watching over you while you fall in love with your precious Addi has most definitely brought closure and helped rest her spirit as well...
Addi is absolutely breath taking... I just sat here staring at her picture wondering what it must feel like to give birth to such a darling baby girl.
Thanks for posting. I will try to wait next time and not pester ya, but I'm not making any promises!
Congratulations again and she really is one of the most beautiful newborns I've ever seen!
Take care of yourself,
Lora

Yvonne said...

Addi is so precious. She is just so adorable. I can't wait to see more photos of Addi soon. I hope you're doing fine now.

Debra said...

Wow, beautiful!

KT said...

Miss Sweet-pea Addison is just beautiful!