3.21.2009

The Circle of Life. . .

Six years ago my mom went to Heaven, at the age of 53. Today, at 14 weeks and 4 days into our pregnancy, we await the birth of our third child. Today was bitter sweet. As was the day I got married, the day I gave birth, the day I met Gracyn, and the day I found out I was pregnant. All moments of joy I so wish I could have shared with my mom.

We spent the afternoon having lunch and playing at the flower park where my mom was buried. Moments of silence, and my dad's eyes closed in deep thought, and moments of pure joy and laughter as my dad tossed the kids up in the air. I loved watching them fly. It was like they were just a little closer to Heaven, closer to my mom so she could enjoy their smiles and laughter. (Although, Peyton didn't get much lift - he's a little bit heavier than Gracyn. Okay, a lot bit heavier, especially after the pizza!) It touched my heart and broke my heart all at the same time to have my four year old ask why his Po-Po was here, and to specifically ask if she lay in the ground before us. He's so mature at his age, and has been told so much about my mom, but I still like his mind is a bit young to process. He always says how sad it is that she's dead. To seem him ride around on his bike with the biggest of smiles would have made his Po-Po proud.

 

 

 

 

Mom, meet your third grandchild to be! Two days ago I went to the doctor, and well, I'll tell you more about the doctor herself later, but the baby is doing fine, has a strong heartbeat, and I think it's a girl. I suppose it's a 50/50 chance, but my gut tells me it's a girl. I miss you today more than ever. I know you're in a great place, but that doesn't stop me from wishing you were here. Thank you for being such an integral part of my life. I still had a lot of growing up to do when I lost you, and I sure do wish I still had you with me today to continue teaching me, molding me, loving me, and honestly, spoiling me. . .No one in the world could ever spoil me the way you did. All my love, your one and only.
 

10 comments:

Sarah said...

tears dripping... Hugs to you today.

Ramona said...

Trying my hardest to keep tears from spilling out - this is a beautiful post and the pictures are perfectly explain the day. Your 3rd child, like the other 2, is adorable and she definitely has a topknotch guardian angel.

The Family K. said...

Awww... my heart aches for you. What a tough day this must have been for you and your dad.

On the side, #3 sure is a cutiepie.

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

What a day. Big hugs and what a tribute to your mom you are. I'm glad your little ones are doing well. The pictures of your children are so adorable, even on such a hard day. I'm thankful that you talk so openly about your mom to your children....you all will be so blessed as you grow closer through these trying moments. What a touching moment.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Huggin you so tight my friend! That is amazing that you had such a wonderful relationsship with your mother! You can pass that on to your daughter/s :) Thanks for sharing pictures of all the kids with us! Baby Yee looks so clear! Wow ultrasound is amazing :) I pray for comfort for you my friend.

Blessings and love and hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Staci said...

Big hugs to you Tiff.

JackieMacD said...

Oh Tiff, I'm reading this here and not as successful as the others keeping the tears in.

Such a poignant day for me to read this. Brady is exactly the age today I was the day my mom died. I can feel your loss and pride in your family through the computer.

Love and hugs,-J

Donna said...

My mom passed away when she was 53 too. Much too soon and, like you, I miss her constantly.

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Steve n Coco said...

Wow, what a day. Definitely praying for you right now. I know your mom would be so proud of all you have achieved. Just look at that family!

...and double wow! Another girl!! You are blessed.

Our Family said...

Tiff,

I'm so sorry about your loss. I think your mom must have been a fabulous mom. I've read other things you've written about her and although I know losing her was/is awful, having such a great mom must have been wonderful. Sorry this is so late.

Lori