3.16.2009

The Happiest Place on Earth, with the Best Mamas around. . .

The picture I've waited for. . .my double stroller, filled with my 2 kiddos!
 

Aren't they cute?
 

Dumbo Ride - worth the wait, and Gracyn loved flying!
 

Peyton and Daddy flying in front!
 
Posted by Picasa

Autopia line was the hardest for Gracyn. . .Yes, even at the Happiest Place on Earth!
 

Guess who HAD to steer?
 

Mommy was driven by Race Car Driver Mr. P
 

No parade. . .bummer. . .but we did watch fireworks!
 
Posted by Picasa

Fireworks were great! Except for the "scary" parts. . .Peyton was ready to leave.
 

As soon as we entered the park, we headed for the Rockets - no WAIT, and then to Autopia for Round 2, was much, much better. . .no tears! Just a lot of bumping around since Gracyn has yet to go through Driver's Ed!
 

Peyton's a pro. . .
 

Here's Gracyn on Alice in Wonderland. . .Guess where Peyton was? On SPACE MOUNTAIN! Yep, he barely made the height requirement. They measured him twice, people applauded when he was cleared for take off. . .Daddy wondered the whole ride if he was crying his head off, but he couldn't hear a thing. When they stopped, he wasn't crying, but let's just say, he was scared. Although, if you ask him, he'll tell you he wasn't scared at all! And by the way, Disney - it might be a good idea to tell parents to have their kids let go of the lap bar before it jolts forward and takes the kid flying with it!! This Alice in Wonderland, not Peter Pan! The dark ride was enough without the last minute flight!
 
Posted by Picasa

Day 2, NO WAIT for Small World! Woo Hoo! Get in the right lane. . .The left lane had about 15-20 people waiting, but we hopped right on!!
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Not a great shot, but you have to have the castle picture, right?
 
Posted by Picasa

Lunch in Toon Town, with Peyton's buddy, Goofy!!!
 

 

We were in the very front of the monorail by ourselves! It was super cool. . .
 

 

 

Guess who's here?!! Yay, the Beau's arrive. . .
 

 

 

 

Wait, that's not Jaden!
 

Funny story about Mikey and Peyton. . .over dinner later that day the two made a plan. Peyton came up and asked me for his pass and a credit card. He and Mikey were ready to go to Disneyland and were heading in on their own. Oh, the tall tales of bravery these two had to tell! These two "big boys" were cruising around in their strollers, with paci's, but they WERE NOT AFRAID of Space Mountain. . Ri----ght. . .
 

 
Posted by Picasa

 


After a much needed 2 hour nap at the Grand Californian, we meet the Beau's and the Mac's!!! We enjoyed dinner together on the patio of La Brea, watched Mike dance with the girls to the live band, and headed in for more DISNEY time!
 

I got to sit next to handsome Jacob, aka Coby, during dinner. He ATE his whole dinner! So well-mannered. Speaking of Coby, Darryl ran into the real Kobe at the hotel!
 
Posted by Picasa

I know, I should have picked up Lucy when she tumbled, but I had to get the shot first! Even with tears, she's a doll!
 

And, if it wasn't already apparent from earlier photos, Jaden's daddy stole Gracyn's heart. . .and Lucy's too!
 

Look at these big brothers waiting ever so patiently for the choo-choo!! Isn't Brady the cutest? Regis and Kathy Lee, what's up?!
 

Sibling love at it's finest. . .
 

Miss Lucy checking out the view from the train!
 

So, we should have taken photos of the girls earlier in the day, I know. . .we were enjoying the moment! But, hey, we got the photo. . .and honestly, it wasn't about the photo, it was about being here together. WITH OUR GIRLS!! Finally HOME FOREVER. We enjoyed the happiest place on earth together, and we can't wait to watch the rest of the journey unfold. . .
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Ramona and Jackie - Thank you for all of your support through the wait. And thank you for the memories at the Happiest Place on Earth. . .Don't worry, your secrets are safe with me, as long as mine are safe with you!

Disney tips:
If you can stay on property, the Grand Californian was extremely convenient, helpful and while a normal hotel room, it was comfortable, and came with a Pack N Play. Take a nap during the day if you a little one. Gracyn did much better in the evening since she got her rest! Bring snacks and drinks in. Stow them in your stroller basket. They're very lenient. Really only checking bags for dangerous items. I got in with a pair of scissors that I use for cutting up food. If your potty training toddler needs to get out of a line to go potty - do it, and tell Disney staff. They let all of us out of line, and right back in (we actually jumped ahead of others) and it made the wait easier. I brought the reusable cups with lids and straws - worked wonders for sharing drinks and they actually fit into the stroller cup holders and don't spill if the cup falls out. If you're morning people, get in when the doors open, hit the big attractions first with no wait, and get fast passes to go on them later in the day. (Only one fast pass can be active at a time, but they seem to work even after your time slot has passed.)

13 comments:

JackieMacD said...

Pinky swear, my sweet friend. Thanks for letting me relive it through the photos. Love Peyton and Gracyn -- and baby Yee too!

xo

The Family K. said...

Looks like a fun adventure for all. I thought the castle shot turned out quite well, actually. Hopefully you've got a triple stroller stashed somewhere in your garage, Ms. 3x Mama?

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Ok, so I am like totally jealous! You got to live my dream of going to the happiest place on earth! :) and you got to hang out with Jackie and Ramona while doing soo! Just too much to handle and NOT be jealous! Glad yall had fun! :) So happy for all yall :)

Blessings,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Sarah k and David said...

That looks like so much fun!! And you got to meet Jackie and Jackie got to meet you..? UGH!!! I love you both! Too sweet! My dream is to take Jo and Jer to Disney for their first time too. I was raised a Mickey girl... so it is a serious dream here so I know how you had to be choked up!!! Love the pictures and so glad that you had a blast!!!!

Sarah k

lorabelle said...

So many pictures and so much fun! How wonderful that you were all able to share it with each other.
Looks like all of you had a great time. Well, almost all of you anyway! Poor little Lucy...
Maybe it was the shoes, I just tossed a pair that look very similar because Allie seemed to trip up in hers. Gotta love tennies at a theme park!
Can't wait to see your family next year with the triple wide stroller!
Congratulations again!

RamblingMother said...

sweet tribute to your husband and love the disney pics.

JackieMacD said...

LOL That tantrum shot will be shown at her wedding. You'll see -- you'll be there.

Steve n Coco said...

Thank you for sharing this! I have been waiting for this post for a long time :) I'm glad you had a great time!

Ramona said...

I am SO lazy. I keep planning my Disney post and just can't get around to it. I'm seriously thinking of redirecting to yours because it's so fabulous - the perfect photos and all. We had a GREAT time aside from J being sick and Mikey losing his dinner after Autopia. It was sureal to have our girls together at Disneyland and being able to hang with you and Jackie. Peyton - I just love that little guy. Thanks for doing such a good post and in a timely manner. See you soon!

Expecting Good Things said...

Those are great pics!! I can't wait to bring Breelyn!
Holli

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

EEK! How fun! I should have called you guys when I was in CA. We go every year usually. You all are getting a call next time! So much fun all in one place... how joyful! Love all the pics. Between your three and my four... we can BE the line, ha ha.

Our Family said...

Tiff,

Great to read/see your trip. After seeing your photos I wish we had gone after all! We go every year but after seeing your photos I still feel like I missed something!

I haven't been good at keeping up with blogging or posting, or much of anything, but it is great catch up a bit!

Take care,
Lori

Unknown said...

OMG we were just there on the 12th of March for Caroline's birthday! You can see the post about it on our blog.

We only live 90 minutes from Disneyland so we don't often stay at the resort and if we do have more than one day, we usually stay off property and drive in since we have passes with pre-paid parking.

Looks like you had a blast. I think it was last year that Caroline wanted to ride the Autopia and steer. Fewer things in life are more frightening than an over-confident 4 year old behind the wheel!