6.04.2009

So You Think You Can Dance. . .

Judge: Ummmm, guys, this is an audition for So, You Think You Can Dance, Not American Idol. Come back in 10 minutes and be ready.
 

In the hallway, getting ready for their audition - Gracyn's strategy: Maybe if we do stunts, we'll stand out and make it to the next round! You just stand there and I'll push you off - make sure you fly really high!
 

Peyton: No, no, no. Let's try the full spin and see if that does the trick!
 

Times up. Peyton and Gracyn, brother and sister team doing the tango. They play it safe and leave out the stunts and the spins. Peyton is asked to dance solo to continue. Peyton does the Batman Bootie Shake, and dances for his life!
Judges: Peyton, please step forward. Congratulations, you're going to Vegas!
 

Peyton: YES, I knew I could do it, I'm going to BACON! (Yes, Peyton hears Bacon, not Vegas. And yes, I feed him, he's not hungry, and he's not Beggin' for Bacon!)

Oh, and excuse Gracyn's mix-matched PJ's, her beyond messy hair, and Peyton's hand-me-down Panda shirt from China paired with Batman boxer briefs. I swear, they do have cute matching PJ's that come with pants, and Gracyn's bangs are still growing out! Peyton made me get the camera. I saw them get into position and told them they were so cute, and he immediately said, "Go get the camera!"
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Expecting Good Things said...

Hilarious. :) Made me laugh. Where's the video though??? I'm growing out Breelyn's bangs too. Awkward stage huh? And who matches PJ's anyway? Once they're washed and dried a few times they all look the same don't they? :)
Holli

Sarah said...

LOL!!!! I second that. HILARIOUS! I hear you about growing out the bangs. I grew out my own while waiting for a referral, but I think it's been more painful to watch Hannah's hair in her eyes... after taking out a clippie and throwing it across the room.

lorabelle said...

These pics are SOOO cute! I sat here giggling for a very long time. PJ's I mix them up all the time! Clayton's are about 2 inches longer than Coen's but they always wind up switching them around...As for the bangs, at least her hair is growing! Allie's is getting longer in the back, but she's still getting new growth in the front. It's taking a very long time... She hates bows and bands so it's probably a good thing it's taking a while, huh?!
Sure looks like a lot of fun at your house.

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Oh goodness this is funny! Peyton, I'd love for you to come to Bacon and see me! My kids have to wear the loved on pj's too... and the clothes and I've grown to oh well... have fun child. Batman bootie shake! ha ha Sara

MrsPollo said...

Your kids are adorable! I always enjoy your blog (and pix) keep 'em coming! Lookout Bacon, here comes Peyton too funny! ~ Janet

The Family K. said...

Gotta love that show and gotta love those kids. I especially enjoyed the shot of Peyton and Gracyn together with their big smiles. Considering the rocky journey you've taken to get to that moment, I'd say you've come a long way.

Lisa said...

That is just hilarious!! I love that Petyon hollers out for you to get the camera and capture the moment! And what a darling moment too....of course you should get some kind of prize too for the super commentary below each frame!
:) P.S. who even notices the jammies or hair.....I was transfixed by their obvious love and delight for one another!!
Lisa

Ramona said...

This absolutely cracked me up!!! Did I miss a video? I KNOW there MUST be one somewhere!

Staci said...

This is soo funny! My kids are always wearing mixed up jammies. :)

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

aww adorable shots :) LOVE IT :)

hugs
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Steve n Coco said...

Okay, everytime I look at these pictures, they just CRACK ME UP!!

Our Family said...

Tiffanie,

Loved catching up and seeing your kids having such a great time. Hope we can get together this summer. Would love to see you and your baby bump!

Lori