2.14.2010

I'm so behind and I'm so not ready. . .

Happy Valentine's Day, and Gung Hay Fat Choy!

I am so behind on my blog, and I'm so not ready to return to work. Tomorrow is the day. I fed Addi her last bottle for the evening with tears running down my face. She fell asleep on my shoulder which she never does because she likes to be face out or simply lying down on her back with her face nuzzled into her co-sleeper. Her left hand was wrapped around my neck and her little fingers were holding on to my hair. She is getting so big, so fast. She loves to hold my finger if she can't fall asleep by herself. She screams, not cries, for her bottle, but cries if she's scared or startled awake. She already knows faces and won't let just anyone hold her. She prefers her bottles warm, she's quick to burp, and I'm guessing she's just over 14 pounds. She is a happy baby and she talks up a storm! She loves to spit and blow bubbles, and loves to smile!

Addi-boo, I have enjoyed every minute of being home with you and I'm going to miss you so much tomorrow. Don't forget who Mommy is, okay? I'll look forward to your big smile and that sweet giggle when I walk through that door. I love you to pieces.

 

 



Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

The Family K. said...

Cute pictures. I hope the first day back to work goes easily on both mom and baby.

Ramona said...

Just what I needed Tiff - an early morning sob. Addi is a breathtakingly beautiful baby. I love looking at her picture. And she KNOWS who her mama is. :-)

Staci said...

Oh Tiff, you have me in tears! I'll be thinking of you today. I can't believe how fast time flies! Addi is getting so big...and she is the most beautiful baby. I bet she will have the biggest smile when you return home today. You must join us on Wed and bring that darling girl of yours :) We all need a baby fix. hehe. We should be getting news in the next month or so for blessing #3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry you'll be one of the first to know. Hugs to you my friend.

Ruth said...

She is too precious!! Good luck with the transition back to work. I am sure every minute with Addi was a wonderful gift, but come on, she's NEVER gonna forget her Momma! :-)

lorabelle said...

Will be keeping you in my thoughts. I'm sorry, it must be a huge tug at both ends. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you... Addie is still one of the most beautiful and precious baby girls I've ever set eyes on. She looks really smart too, so I'm guessing she will remember who her Mama is. Try not to beat yourself up!

Tiffany said...

These are such beautiful photos... she is SOOO precious! Hope your first day back to work is a smooth one!

Lisa said...

Oh, thinking of you on this day of big transtions.

Of course she could never EVER forget her loving beautiful Mama!

And these photos are stunning ~ what a tiny darling beauty she is!

Big hugs to you!!

Lisa said...

Oh Tiff....

After reading your super sweet comment, I just had to pop back over..

Mostly I just wanted you to know that honestly it was your CNY post of last year that inspired me to do more this time around! I still remember the peek into your celebration and the lovely family traditions you shared with us.....its been with me all this time! So please don't feel bad about things this year......you have SO much going on right now!

AND OH YES, she is miles of leg! Lucky lucky Lauren! LOL She's going to catch up to me in height sooner than I would like too.....I'm not super short at 5'3, but she's going to surpass me with inches to spare! :)

Hugs and hope all is well with back to work!!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Absolutely Adorable! :) I am sorry you are having to leave her and go to work! My prayers and hugs are soo with you girl! :)

love ya
Tami

Tisra said...

I'm sorry. I can't imagine.

Tisra said...

How did it go?

Expecting Good Things said...

I hope your first day back went ok. I remember those feelings with Bailey when I went back to work. But honestly, I don't think she knew or cared. Little Addi will be just fine. She'll be all that happier to see you when you get home.
Holli
PS: Addi will NEVER forget who her Mommy is.

Expecting Good Things said...

Oh I forgot to say I LOVE that last pic of her. It's really cute.
Holli