Keeping the kids entertained by allowing them to ride their bikes inside while we lived on subfloor. . .tile was removed, the wood in the kitchen was removed and underneath was linoleum, and some other board so the kitchen alone was four layers!
My dad and I painted almost the whole house (minus the bedrooms). . .
Gong-Gong knows I blog - the "L" photo is just for you! Peyton copied him but has no idea what it means. I let him do artwork on the subfloor too. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
I even let Peyton paint. . .
Finally we're making progress. . .
Stained but not quite finished. . .
And now, the floors are done. . .Only took us 6 YEARS! Well, more like two weeks but 6 YEARS to make the decision. . .and a I decision I'm very happy about!
NOW, we just have to finish moving back in! The toy room looks the best!!! Still a little ways to go, but we'll get there. Hopefully not in another 6 YEARS!









7 comments:
Not a boring post AT ALL! Beautiful! We're thinking of doing the same in our new digs. I love the board width and colors you chose.
Oh my gosh! HOW DO YOU DO THIS and have THREE CHILDREN running around?!?!? Guess giving them permission to draw on the subflooring had to keep the older peas busy for HOURS on end. I'm amazed. Beautiful!!!
LOL!! Well, only two of them can run. . .one is still confined. My in-laws live very close by. We lived in our Master Suite along with all of our furniture. I CRAIGSLISTED a ton of stuff, and well, I don't know. . .Call me crazy!
It looks GORGEOUS!! And what a great mom you are, letting your kids color on the floor!! Great idea!
I am in love with your house and your floors! heehee :) Some day the Lord is gonna let me come see them and YOU :) Loved all the pics of the process! :) Specially kiddos riding bikes :)
big hugs
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Wow on the new floors and walls! I'm behind on reading blogs. Totally gorgeous! You guys did a great job.
Wow! It looks sooo nice. And you did so much of it yourself - with three kids under foot. You are amazing! Will you come & do my house next??
Post a Comment