Shout Out - I enrolled in Christi Nelson's class and I love her! She's amazingly patient, talented, inspirational, and a great teacher. You've seen my favorite photos shot with my Rebel, and then my 50D but always in Auto mode. Below are my favorites of Peyton shooting in Manual (for the second time) with a brand new lens. Granted, I've got a lot to learn, but you be the judge! All thanks to Christi of RAWsii. Check out her website, and her photostreams on flickr. Photos of my girls coming next!
Peyton has always been a tough subject for me to capture in photos! He doesn't really like to have his picture taken (unless he's singing, shaking his butt, or it's something cool outdoors, like a rainbow!). This little photo shoot scored him some gummy bears on top of his normal 2 treats for the day. It was worth it - probably some of the best photos I've gotten of him in a long time!
For all you Mamarazzi's out there, please tell me your favorite photo and if you have any amount of technical knowledge, please educate me! I'll take all the suggestions I can get. Cropping? Coloring? Composition? Lay it on me!
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
6 comments:
Going for gold here choosing your son for the portrait shoot! I have not even dared to hope they would stay still long enough... but now that you mention bribes in the sugary form... I think it just may work! Great composition!
your children are beautiful! :) What a handsome guy! :) I bet he and Noah would have fun together :)
Big hugs,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
I love my 50mm 1.4 and I can see you do, too! My vote would be for #9. I love the expression in his eyes, the way they engage with the camera. I also like the way the light falls on his face.
So jealous of your Rebel. I really want one! I'll get one someday. You are doing a great job on the kids pics. They look great!
I think #8 is my favorite, but I also like #2. Curious which of these better match his personality. Nice pics so matter how you slice it. And he is a very handsome subject.
Oh wow.....well, they are all fabulous in their own right! I think he absolutely earned that extra treat!
Good for you Mama for thinking outside the box! SO filing that away for application (er...bribe) down the road! LOL Hey, we have to use what works, right?? :)
I don't want to sound like a broken record BUT all of your kiddos are so gorgeous and Peyt. is no exception! I love that each picture really tells its own bit of the story and truly you captured all the glory of his spirit and charm!
And he's got loads of both spirit & charm! I laughed too at the butt wiggling and shaking norm ~ sometimes we take what we can get, right!
OH, Lauren happened by and she gives high marks for his "rockin and cool, shirt"!! :)
I think you have oodles of the talent stuff my friend!
Post a Comment