2.28.2010

Okay, what about these???

Thank you so much for all of the comments. It really helps!!! What do you think about these??? I promise, I won't post anymore for input. . .well, until next week! LOL Thank you bloggy pals. . .

Out of the below, and the last two posts, tell me your favorites. I appreciate you taking the time to critque!

 

 

 

 

 



Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Sarah said...

You asked... so here are my thoughts. Wish #1 had just a little more natural light... but you get what you get oftentimes with natural light. If I was going to improve with photoshop, I'd use an action like "Bring Out the Eyes" from Pioneer Woman Action Set II (free) to lighten up the darks of her eyes to try to uncover the details in them. Good catch lights in them!

#2, really like the darks and lights in this background, but she has a little shadow in the middle of her face. One could try to get that out with Adobe Lightroom in editing.

#3 is my favorite of the Addie shots because you can see all of the details in her eyes and I like the darks and the lights contrasting in the background... and the idea of her sitting in a laundry basket makes me grin. I'd like to see more just like this, and hopefully catch one where I can see more of her pouty lips and faces that she might make.

The ones of the men in your life look GREAT! I don't have any suggestions there. Perfect aperture. Everything that should be in focus is... and then everything you want to blur to the back is blurred out.

momwithfaithandhope said...

Thank you, Sarah!!! This helps more than you know.

Staci said...

What did you bribe the big boys with? hehe

The Family K. said...

I like the last three the best. The one of your dad gets my blue ribbon for great exposure, a good pose, and good composition. #1 seems a bit underexposed? #2 the lighting looks like it's coming down from above her head and not at eye level, so her eyes aren't getting lit as well.

Beautiful family!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Thanks Judy!!! I so appreciate you and Sarah taking the time to critque me!

Anonymous said...

I liked all of these and the first of the previous post. I agree that shooting from above gets more open eyes and more catch-lights in those deep brown eyes. I only have one good one so far our of many. I was going to submit it but then I saw what everyone else has done and decided I might try again tomorrow. I can't find any good light in my house and it's just too cold outside!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous ~ each and every one and for Oh...lots of reasons!

I sure can't help with the camera mode stuff :) but that's not my job! *grin*

Yes, mine is to be in awe and send high praise.....and its sincerely meant too!!

Have I done my work here? :)

I'm super impressed with you!!

Tiffany said...

Tiffanie... ... I love checking in on the Flickr class site and your blog to see what you are working on!!!!! Great job!

Debra said...

Beautiful shots of your family. I'm not a photo guru, but I love the first shot of Addie the most. I think the composure is perfect. Love the shots of your Dad and Husband. So real.

Kathy said...

Hi Tiffanie,

I just popped in to say hi--the photos are really great. Don't you love having a baby to photograph? I wish I would have taken the class before I had kids!

You'll have a lot of fun in the next year!

Kathy