8.28.2009

The significance behind August 28th for our family. . .

Today marks three years since we were LID for Morgan Fay. Today also marks one year since I boarded a plane to bring Gracyn home.

Here's what I wrote in 2006:

LID: August 28, 2006

We finally received our LID, which is a little later than we anticipated, but at least we have one. Now the wait truly begins. . .not to mention the uncertainty of the wait.

We originally thought our wait would be about 6-8 months, but rumor has it that expedited referrals (Due to our Chinese heritage we requested to be expedited) have slowed significantly. We're looking at about a year from now. . .so, Summer or Fall of 2007. Hard news to take, but it's part of the adoption process, and we need to be prepared for changes like these until Morgan comes home!

Peyton is keeping us busy in the mean time. . .he just had his 18 month check up and is still only 18 lbs 14 oz. . .but we're happy to announce he's healthy and growing taller! He's actually in the 10th percentile for height which isn't so bad for our Chinese boy.

Yesterday we took Peyton to the fair, and he LOVED the petting zoo! He got right down and played with the goats, the pigs, the kangaroos, ducks, llamas, sheep, and miniature horses! WHAT A SIGHT! He's growing up so fast!

Countdown has begun: 4 days waiting. . .many, many more to go. .

And here's what I wrote last year:

I used to travel a lot for work, and after I while I got pretty good about saying goodbye to my sweet pea. We spent the morning playing "horses," giving lots of hugs and kisses. . .a ton of reminders, "listen to your Dad, okay?". . .and then I put Peyt into his car seat, said goodbye a million more times, with a million more kisses, including blubbery ones on his tummy and feet. . .and then as they drove off, he yelled out the window. . ."By Mom, I love you!" and blew me a kiss.

Yes, a few tears came to my eyes, and my heart skipped a beat. . .it's time. Peyt said this morning, "Now you're going to Taiwan?" - I explained I was leaving and would pick up Gracyn on Monday. Peyt replied, "NO, you said you're getting her today." - Kids are so brutally honest and cute.

My first glimpse of Gracyn. . .

My all-time favorite photo for months. . .

Suprise photos for 4th of July! And boy is she independent - she's walking!

First close-up photo with a beautiful smile to melt Mommy's heart.

Gracyn,

Mommy has waited a very long time for this moment. I'm still very at peace, and relaxed. PTL! Perhaps since we have a few days before we meet you, I'm just not nervous yet. I am so excited to see where you were born and where you've spent the first two years of your life. I am so blessed to call you my daughter. I pray that you have been at peace with your family this week, and that you are being somewhat prepared to meet me. I know it will be sad to say goodbye. It was sad for me to say goodbye to your brother, and that's only for a week. Leaving behind everything that you know might make you scared or angry. I hope that you know God is always with you. He was with you they day you entered the world, has been with you while I've been waiting to bring you home, and will be with us during our first days together as Mom and daughter. He is always with us sweet pea.

Mommy can't wait to wrap her arms around you, and wipe away your tears. I can't wait to see your beautiful eyes and your sweet smile. I wonder how big you are and what your voice sounds like. I wonder what you smell like, and how thick your hair is. I can't wait to "touch your palms" to help you sleep, and to feel your hand around my finger. Mommy fell in love with you a long time ago, and now I can finally show you how much!!!

Until we meet. . .may you be blessed with joy, comfort, and sweet dreams.

Love,
Mommy


4 comments:

lorabelle said...

This post is such a beautiful reminder of what a glorious day this is for you. I think the only thing that could make it more perfect would be, hmmm wait a minute; When exactly is your due date Tiff? Let's keep that bun in the oven for a couple more weeks kay?! Someday, Gracyn and Peyton are going to love reading these posts. I hope we've found a way to download them by then...

momwithfaithandhope said...

Lora - have you checked out blurb.com???

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

blubbering...

Ramona said...

Can you believe it's been a year? I shake my head. Sometimes it seems like yesterday we were stressing about final judgements yet years ago we go our little girls. Like Jaden, Gracyn has no resemblance to those first few pics HS gave us. Gracyn has become such an incredibly beautiful baby girl. Amazing.

The Williams' and the Beaus missed you yesterday at the Asian Days picnic. :-(