12.10.2008
2 Reindeer, a Panda, and a Monkey. . .
That's what we ended up with after a trip to Build-a-Bear with Jake's family. . .Why is that place called Build-a-Bear anyhow? We didn't build ANY bears. . .Peyton decided on a reindeer, which meant Gracyn had no choice in the matter and he decided she had to get the matching "sister" version - A cute panda was for N, I think chosen by her mommy, and the Monkey N made for Jake, who's in Taiwan waiting to come home. Just like Peyton, Jake was born in the year of the Monkey! Watch out Staci - they really do climb around like monkeys! BTW, Peyton's Reindeer plays Jingle Bell Rock if you press one hand, and HANNAH MONTANA on the other!!! What was the one accessory he picked out for his Reindeer? You guessed it - a pacifier!
Thanks to all of you for sharing your holiday traditions! I enjoyed reading them all, and have been thinking about adding or changing some of ours because yours sound so great! I didn't see a lot of "Santa" traditions - cookies and milk for the big guy? Any flour laced boots to leave "snow tracks" from Santa? Ringing of jingle bells while kiddos lie awake in bed? I know Santa's not the real reason we celebrate Christmas, just wondering what you do to keep your kids, kids at heart.
15 days to go and we haven't finished the tree - but I think we might just pretend we're done. It's pretty much decorated, just need to hang Gracyn's ornaments. Gracyn by the way, is finally "almost" sleeping through the night! PTL! She's also becoming a Daddy's girl. Thank you for all of your prayers. She has fewer and fewer melt downs, and is really starting to let her personality shine through! She has been caught on several occasions now hitting her brother, and fighting back. They still get along great, but when she wants something, watch out Peyt! She understands Time Out - so if we ask her, "Do you want Time Out?" - She opens her eyes real wide and shakes her head, no. She can say "sorry" to Peyton by gently touching him with her hand. According to my dad, she's sneaky, like Peyton. Sometimes I think they couldn't be more alike if they shared DNA. Unless you look at their dinner plates that is - Gracyn loves her meat and veggies - will even pick out green beans to eat. Peyton on the other hand, well, let's just say he's a " all rice" kinda guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
omgoodness, you got some awesome pictures!! I love the one of Peyt kissing reindeer's heart and the close up of Gracyn...she's just soo beautiful. And I love the one's of N, you really captured her happy smile. Thanks! I'm so amazed at how well your kiddos are with each other (aside from normal bro/sis conflict), they were definitely born to grow up together :)
btw, N still believes in Santa. She's starting to get smart though, we have a fireplace without a real chimney and she's really concerned about how he will get into the house. So cute. We bake cookies and leave out milk for Santa. Another favorite tradition I just started last year is making cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate for breakfast on Christmas morning...yummy!
Hugs,
Staci
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Thanks for all the pictures! :) You reminded me I was given a panda skin from build a bear for Noah to go and stuff himself! :) We will have to do that at some point! :) Again, love love all the pics :) Glad to hear Miss Gracyn is doing better!!! :) You are very blessed with beautiful children! thanks for sharing with us! :) We are still trying to figure out exactly what are traditions as far as Santa goes will be for Noah! :) I am SOOO excited to spend Christmas with him! ;)
hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
sweet sweet.
Hi,
Wow your blob is so professional. I love. Your kids are just too adorable. Yes, the name Penny is after my mom. Have I let Penny go? Well, lets just say, I can't image Fu Xi not being in our lives now. He just seems so perfect and meant to be. I won;t ever let Penny go because like I said in my blog, she was more then we ever knew she would be. People always ask why I didn't name Sami Penny. I guess I could have but knew that Penny was something else deep down inside. Oh, I think you asked where my mom got the chinese sweater pattern? I'll find out.
-April
Once again your pictures of the kiddos rock! You are asking about traditions to share; each child in our family gets a Countdown-to-Christmas chocolate treat calendar. Everyday the child opens a new window of the house (calendar) and receives a piece of chocolate that is inside. I think this originated in Germany, but I'm not sure. I buy ours at an Gourmet international deli that is located in our Mall.
We also set out Christmas cookies, a cheese ball and a dark beer for Santa to snack on after he's delivered our presents! He must like it because its gone when we wake up on Christmas morning! LOL
Lora
okay, when I saw the pics, I said, "hey, that's Staci's daughter." "Wait, that's Tiff's SIL??" Way cool! What a fun day at Build-a-Bear!
Let's catch up soon, K? I know we are both busy. I pray for you often!
Shannon
p.s. the blogger word verification I have to type is: 'messes' HA! That's what I need to go clean up now, messes! love ya!
I love build a bear... ish type creature! ha ha I think we have only a couple bears from there as well. I know we have a pink poodle and a cookie monster... oh and a cheetah that Jadyn decided is a jaguar... her serval is a jaguar too. Hope that doesn't carry over into what she wants for her first car! eek.
I love the photos and the ones of the two together are so simply heartwarming. Lots of hugs & love, Sara
Such cute pictures! Looks like you all had so much fun!!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment