The holidays are always busy aren't they? We started the holiday season with some friends. . .and as you can see from the below, the kids were super happy! I'm sure it was was the company too. Mia and Mylee are such sweethearts and their mom is the one who was there for me every minute of our journey to bringing Gracyn home.
<
Then, you get to Christmas Eve. So, the "Poopy" part of it is sort of gross story. Gracyn has now officially pooped 3 times in tub! I know, "too much information" - That would be once in Taiwan and twice with Peyton in the tub with her at home! Well, the first time, DH yelled for me and just stared at the tub watching me do my Mommy duty. Peyton was yelling, "eeeew," and and was dripping wet but out of the water, and Gracyn was still in the tub with her poopy wondering why all the excitement. I proceeded to use one of those "no drip water on your face" thingy-ma-bobbers" that you use to rinse their hair off with to scoop the poop and dump it in the toilet. DH managed to do it the second time, and well, the clip below is Peyton's "poopy" reenactment performed on Christmas Eve. . .which well, sort of foreshadowed our evening. . .
Will Christmas Eve be Grumpy or Happy? Peyton won. . .
Gracyn was tired, so ended up not really doing much on Christmas Eve, and I think it was all a little overwhelming. I was heartbroken. No fun Christmas Eve pictures for her very first Christmas home. . . I was literally in tears. I forced myself to get a picture of the kids, even though she was screaming and unhappy, and then after she was half dressed in her PJ's I got one more - just so I could remember her Santa outfit that I've had in her closet for an entire year! The matching skirt was still too big so I even sewed in the waistband while watching them in the tub. . .oh well. . .No Santa for the kids at daycare - Santa got lost, or as their teacher told them, Rudolph must have broken his leg. . .and no fun Christmas Eve pictures. . .but, I will say, Christmas day was much, much better. . .stay tuned - there is a happier ending.
The lovely photo op of my two kids on Christmas Eve in the spare bedroom of DH's 88-year old Grandmother's home. . .
The half-dressed kid that gave me a shot I can live with. . .
Was I expecting too much? Probably. . .Just like that Halloween picture I had to have of the kiddos on the porch, I expected to have one of the kids in front of the tree together on Christmas Eve. . .I know, I need to let it go - They're kids. . .we're all human. . .But seriously, was I the only mom that wanted things "just so" on their child's first Christmas home? And for me, while growing up, Christmas Eve was the FUN night. . .
I've so enjoyed reading everyone's cute and happy posts! Mine will follow soon. I think we may even make you laugh.
*Disclosure: If you made it this far, let me say, Thanks for following along - and if there's a spelling error, well, Spell Check on Blogger is on vacation and not working tonight. . .and quite frankly, I'm too tired to re-read what I've written. Good night!

8 comments:
Just think of all the "Poopy" stories you can hold over their heads when they are teenagers ;)
Terrye in FL
Oh the poopy stories are such fun. It tends to be a mommy job in our house too :0) Thanks for sweet pics of our kids. I have to say they are all gorgeous :0) I'm sorry Christmas Eve wasn't all that you expected/wanted. Can't wait to see the Christmas Day pics. Sorry again for the mix up, I'll make it up to you my friend!
Too funny about the poopy! These pictures perfectly capture P & G's personalities. Serious and inquisitive. For some reason I can't view the video.
I could not see the video :( waah said it was private and had to accept a request or something. Oh well, and yes I understand wanting the first Christmas to be PERFECT. I am so there with ya
hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.combi
So sorry that you didn't get those special Christmas Eve pictures. But on the bright side, you did capture some cute ones of the kids from what I see in the post.
I'm just waiting for the day when William decides to launch his own torpedo in the bathtub. To say Andrew will freak out is not even coming close.
For some reason, I think with age (I'm old) and the fact that I have 4 kiddo's (yes 4, that seems insane doesn't it?), I didn't have any expectations this year. That really seems odd to you, I'm sure... To me it seems that toddlers are just so unpredictable and it just about the time you even think you've figured them out, they get a bigger kick out of changing it up on ya! She is still really young and I think even if she were born your bio daughter, things might have still gone this way and you might not have gotten your wish. Next year though, just might be another story. At least at my house, 3 years old was always easier than 1 or 2 years old. I'm holding out for next years fun Tiff, and I can't wait to see your pictures!
My advice, take the cute photo with the kids under the tree and all WAY BEFORE Christmas Eve. That day is generally a crazy day. I like to take a picture with their Christmas outfits on at least a week before Christmas. Hope that helps...
(Oh yea, lower your expectations of EVERYTHING on Christmas Eve and Day. Then ya won't be disappointed!!)
BTW, your kids are super cute whether smiling or crying!!
Great Christmas pics! Even though she's crying, its something you'll laugh and be able to remember. I always try to get the 'perfect' pic with just Bailey and almost always fail. She either has her crooked smile, blinks or looks away. ugh! Can't wait for 2. I guess if they're looking in the same immediate area its considered success. Merry Christmas!
Holli
Post a Comment