12.21.2008

Naughty or Nice?

Oh Christmas Tree. . .
This year hardly any ornaments were put on the tree. We decided to keep it simple and only decorated with our Asian Themed ornaments and of course, Peyton's and Gracyn's. Taking the tree down will be super easy since hardly anything came out of the boxes! I also need to find a tree topper that I love and will stand straight up. I've had a bear, who was too chubby and would fall over, I've had a star, and then there was the angel, now that we're in a ranch home, our ceilings are low so tall pretty options are out of the question. . .I think my ribbon toppers have always been the easiest. Maybe I'll get one up there before family comes over! I welcome any and all suggestions for my tree topper!

 

 

 

Last year we decided to start the "lights on the house" tradition. We want to make sure that Santa and his reindeer can find their way through the dark starry night. Not to mention, I just love the way it makes our house look like a home, warm and welcoming for the holidays. Watching the kids' eyes light up is priceless!

 

They certainly look more naughty than nice! Don't you think?

 

Let me translate here for you. Peyton's wish list includes Hannah Montana, a horse, and one of those game things you hold in your hands and push buttons (while ignoring your parents). Gracyn's wish list includes anything chocolate, and unlimited bath time.

 

I thought it would be fun to save their "hands" with their letters. First Christmas as siblings!

 
Posted by Picasa


Tonight, we leave cookies out for Santa and in the morning, the kids will get to see what awaits them in their stockings! Do you hear the bells ringing? Santa and his reindeer are in flight, so be sure to be good and stay in bed tonight!

6 comments:

Expecting Good Things said...

I think your tree is beautiful. Your house is too by the way(with or without the lights.). I say put a bow on top of the tree and leave it as is. Ata girl Gracyn. Chocolate IS a girls best friend. Bailey loves Hannah Montana too. I don't know if I understand the attraction. She says its the microphone. hmmm. :) Holli

Ramona said...

Did you say 'ranch house'??? Gotta love the naughty pic. And thank you for explaining the trinket tradition. Might have to adopt that one.

Sarah k said...

I absolutely love the 2 ornaments that you took pictures of. Those are great!!!! I don't know what to tell you about the top of the tree hon. Low ceilings are difficult to work with and keep the tree good size. I have some ideas. Maybe if you remind me for next year I can whip up my idea for you and see if that works for you....
I am sorry I have been absent. I keep trying to reach you on messenger but you don't answer. Wondering if it is working right.
Sarah k

lorabelle said...

She must be a popular request this year. One of mine asked for Hannah Montana and the other one is still "pining" over Carly! When did Santa start accepting requests for real humans, I asked. Coen told me that if you wish hard enough, anything could happen... What on earth am I supposed to do with that? It certainly isn't going to bring either of these teenagers to my house on Christmas morning! I sure hope that Santa got everything else right...
Your tree and house are so pretty.
and I love your stockings!
Lora

Staci said...

We have that same ornament of the girl and house, it's one of my favorites! Love the naughty pic :)
So cute that Gracyn wants chocolate, it is a girls best friend!

Donna said...

I LOVE that lion ornament!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!