Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas!
Wishing each and every one of you a Christmas full of joy.
As part of a challenge from our Pastor, we cut Christmas spending, and enjoyed giving back. This year we were blessed to meet Baby Destanee and her mom this year through an Adopt-a-Family program through Loaves and Fishes. Peyton and Gracyn adopted 4 children off the tree through our church program, and through work, I adopted Jose Luis, who was one adorably chubby 2 year old!
I post about this not because we want a "pat on the back" for doing a good job, but to share this amazing experience with you. To praise God for saving people like Destanee and her mom. Destanee's mom confided in us and shared how the Lord has blessed her. She now has housing, furniture, and a job program. Their home was so warm and full of life, and their tree was beautifully decorated. With the economy in the state that it is in, many programs went without financial support this year. If you feel God calling on you to provide for those in need, please don't ignore the signs. Do respond to the needs as He has responded to us. God is so great, isn't he?
Galatians 5:6
". . .the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."

6 comments:
Merry Christmas! I love the pictures of the kids bearded with bubbles.
Even though I know you're not seeking a pat on the back, I still want to give you kudos for answering the challenge and blessing other families this Christmas. What a great way to put the "Christ" back in Christmas.
Merry Christmas dear friend! I love the bubble-bearded pictures. cute,cute,cute! Judy is right, answering the call to give in such a might way is not always answered by the one being called. You are being Jesus's hands and feet!
Merry Christmas & much love,
Shannon
Tiffanie,
Just catching up on your last few entries... Merry Christmas! I'm so glad to hear that Gracyn is blooming. And I just love reading you talk about your mom-- she must have been a warm and wonderful lady. I didn't even know you were logged in for China as well!
Be blessed,
Courtney
Love your little Santa's!
Merry Christmas Bubble-Beard Bathing Santa Beauties! I hear you, even when things are hard for families, even they can give back as well. My sister didn't have very much in the way of gifts & money but still wanted to give back, so they went over to elderly group homes and sang Christmas carols and read stories to them. It was a very enriching experience. Giving back doesn't always involve money, it's the spirit of giving which is what I got from your story. You are a blessing and remind us of what we are all here on this earth to do. What an example for your children. =0) Happy Holidays & Happy Birthday Jesus.
HOw wonderful you were able to share the gift at Christmas that God has shared with us EVERY Christmas since the first! The gift of Love in giving HIS son to us! :) And how wonderful to have pictures with the sweetie :) Your family received the gift of love back by meeting all these wonderful people :) LOVE LOVE the bubble bearded babies :)
hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment