I'm thoroughly convinced that we aren't receiving travel dates so that my shopping habit will help to stimulate the economy. I bought another outfit for Gracyn, and I bought a smaller size this time. . .
Good thing. . .we got a new update today, no photos, but it seems to be a month or so older than the last update. This one has more information, so I'm taking this one to be more accurate.
As of a month ago, or so, here's our little girl at a glance:
32.6 inches
17.6 lbs
Drinks about 4 bottles a day (8-9 oz each)
Eats some soft foods, tofu, fish, noodles, rice (perfect for our house)
Has an overbite (I think it's under, not over though - start saving for the ortho now!)
She loves to take walks
She likes cars, moving cars that make noise, "shining stuff" and cell phone (hmm. . .let's see, a big brother with lots of noisy cars, a mom who has an affinity for diamonds, and a dad who has a cell phone glued to his head - ask Peyton. . .sounds like a good fit for us) - Oh, but she doesn't like eyes on dolls or the "flashlight" on a camera. I'm with Gracyn on this one - eyes on a doll can be a little freaky, and the flash of a disposable camera stays on forever. . .mental note, no flash, and that epxlains her squints and angry looks when the camera is in front of her!
Here's my favorite part - word for word:
When she is sleepy, she needs someone to company her and pad her, she will drink milk and fall sleep. Sometimes she will have a bad dream and wake up crying, giving her a bottle of milk will calm her down.
When she is sleep, she likes someone touches her palm. If she's crying, taking her out for a walk can calm her down. She likes people to KISS HER, HUG HER, AND SNUGGLE WITH HER.
Hold on tight sweetie. Mommy will be there to rock you to sleep, pat your back so you can go back to dreamland, and you, my baby, will be smothered with snugly hugs and kisses, don't you worry!
5 comments:
You are so close to getting there, girlfriend! Don't those updates just kill you? So bittersweet...
aww what a detailed and special update! :) She is definitly your girl! :) I know you can't wait! :)
hugs,
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Tiffanie - is Gracyn almost two years old? Have you received any photos recently? Can't wait til you get "THE CALL!" I was still holding out home we would be in Taiwan at the same time - but now I have to say probably not. Susan
Tiffanie,
Gracyn sounds so sweet and adorable and she's so tiny! Your update sounds really sweet and nearly made me cry - literally had tears in my eyes! I can't wait to meet her (and you) and to see the girls together! I hope your travel dates come soon and I cannot wait to see you two together.
Love her middle name. Her entire name is very pretty. We struggled with Samantha's name too but with Sierra we struggled more because I wanted to honor my grandmother but it's tradtion in J's family for the grandfather to choose the middle name. So they both have really long names!
Well, I am thinking of you every day and cannot wait to hear you are going and then I cannot wait to meet. Samantha will defintely be up for the Pumpkin Patch and probably ice cream at Vic's sometime too (she had her first ice cream two days ago and LOVED it!).
Take care, Lori
That is too perfect for you guys. I so hope that you guys get the official call soon hon!
Post a Comment