7.08.2008

Hallelujah! First Decree

Last night we went to pick up a motorized jeep for Peyton. A long overdue gift that we've been holding off on. When we came out of the store it was so humid! Our area doesn't get humid typically - Hot, yes, but DRY heat.

I told Darryl that it was God saying, "Tiffanie, are you sure you want to go to Taiwan in this type of weather?" - My reply - YES, in a heartbeat!

I was running behind this morning, opted to toast a muffing which put me off schedule even further, and then the phone rang. Home phone, not cell. . .I look at Caller ID and it's "(925)" - Could it be?!

Agency says: I think you got first decree
Me: NO WAY!
Agency says: Wait, what's your baby's name again? (OH GEEZ, talk about cliff-hanger)
Me: I reply with her Chinese name (thank goodness I've been practicing!)
Agency says: Yes, you got first decree
Me: BLAH, blah, we're so happy, oh my goodness, we'll have her home for her birthday, blah, blah, blah. . .
Agency says: You must have let go a little. . .
Me: Yeah, I did. . .

And there you have it. . .trust in Him, and He will deliver. His plan.

Darryl and Peyton were with me which was amazing. I started to cry! Peyton asked who it was, and I think he thought is was Gracyn! It's all a blur. Oh, and what happened to my well-rehearsed "Hallelujah!" ????

Okay - so what if it wasn't our baby - I would have been devastated! Luckily it was, and that means we get to travel in about a month which means. . .

We'll be able to celebrate Gracyn's birthday as a family!!!!!!!!

Oh my - 30 days. . .I know what these other mom's mean now - you just have to go into overdrive and GET READY!

THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER!!!!!! You are so good to us.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!! I can't begin to describe my excitement for you. When you called me to tell me the news I think I scared the guys in the cubicles next to me with all of my gasping and "Oh my Gods!" I can't wait to see your precious Gracyn in your arms. What a blessing. Lets pack!

Megan said...

Congratulations! Your new addition is on her way home! We are so excited for your family! Baby girl Gracyn will be in your arms soon and running around with Peyton before you know it! We can't wait to meet the little angel!
XOXO,
Megan

Steve n Coco said...

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!! I have tears in my eyes for you! Hang on, Baby Girl, your family is coming!
Courtney

JackieMacD said...

I don't even know how to respond to that phone call. But the end result is worth the stress! Gracyn is comin g HOME!!!!!!!

William's Family said...

Hallelujah is right! It's scramble time, but oh what a beautiful goal is in sight now.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I am so thrilled! That is wonderful amazing news :) I can't wait to go through your journey with you :)

Big hugs,
Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Tiffanie: Wow - I was thinking of you several times today and hoping THE CALL would come soon - was the court process almost exactly 3 months? I wish we were traveling together - request August 4 as your Family Day and see if we can travel together! Congratulations!Susan H.

Our Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS Tiffanie! I am so excited for you and for Gracyn. It's almost time for her to join yoru family. I can't wait to meet her! Maybe we can get together with Megan in SF sometime and get out of this heat (and smoke)!!!

Good luck getting packed and ready. If you have any travel/Taiwan questions I'd be glad to help!!

Lori