7.16.2008

TECO and Travel Meeting

We're went to TECO today to authenticate some Power of Attorney forms. We really enjoyed the drive, and to be doing something for our daughter. We went to Chinatown and shopped around, went to the fortune cookie factory, ate dim sum, shopped some more. . .I completely refrained from buying her a Cheng-sam or Chinese pants outfit. I looked, but couldn't find the "right one." We did buy silk pouches for the Foster Mom and Foster Sister's gifts, and a matching one for Gracyn, and chopsticks for the kids.

Wait a minute, OUR TRAVEL MEETING?! Oh my. . .it's really happening, isn't it? I've been reading a lot and talking to DH a lot about what to expect with Gracyn. We aren't first time parents, but first time adoptive parents. We've heard everything from children who experience extreme inconsolable grief, to others who latch on and never let go, to those who bite, hit and are just plain mad. We know that her personality will have a lot to do with how she reacts and her level of attachment to her foster family will also impact her transition. On the way back from the city we stopped off at our agency and had our travel meeting. It started to sink in. . .this is it. . .one more call and we'll hear about our AIT appointment and then it's onto booking those flights!

After our travel meeting we stopped off at In and Out for late lunch/early dinner, then to Macy's to pick up our pre-sale items (including more clothes, more PJ's, a few pants for me to travel in, and the cutest ruby red crocs - not tomato red, ruby red, and some of the gifts for the foster family) and then to Target for "big brother gifts" (for while I'm gone), more items for traveling, and of course matching PJ's (wait how many sets do we have now?) for Mommy and Gracyn. I bought them in the girls section! At 5 feet 1, that's the advantage. . .Peyton was sad when he saw them. . .it's already begun. He wanted the girl PJ's too. Since I bought Gracyn's big we might have to let Peyton try them on! SHHHH. . .Oh, and then there was the hair clip aisle. I had to buy a variety of rubberbands - not sure what will work for her hair - looks like she's got quite a bit! I can't wait to do my own little girl's hair. I've braided, bunned, curled, girls' hair - I've done them for weddings. . .but I've never done the hair of my OWN little girl. I can't wait. BTW that's one of the first thing I noticed about her pictures, she has rubberbands in her hair so she's used to them! Yippee!

DH never posts, but when asked what the most memorable moment was the trip was, he responded with: "Ummm. . .most memorable? Looking for, uh, a Cheng-sam for her."
We didn't settle on one yet. . .so I guess we really do want to find the "perfect" one for our daughter.

We're bringing our little girl home very, very, soon, and boy does it feel great!

8 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I just loved reading about all this! :) Sounds like a wonderful day! :) I am looking so forward to First Decree, Travel Meetings and such :) I am so enjoying being on this journey with you my friend! Big hugs to yall :) Can't wait to see the little chinese outfit you do pick! And of course the picture of the first Mommy hairdo! :) And let us not forget pics of y'all in matching pjs! :) Lots of fun yet to come :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

I'm so happy that you're actually getting so close to travelling for Gracyn. It's very exciting for me to read about what you're doing to prepare for the addition to your family very soon. I cannot wait to hear the great news of your travel date for Gracyn's adoption.

Our Family said...

HOw exciting. I have been busier than usual at work so my reading of the boards is hit and miss - I totally missed that you went to TECO and had your travel meeting! We went to TECO the day after Christmas so we didn't do the fun shopping stuff and now I want to go to SF and look for some fun stuff. I think Samantha NEEDS to go to Chinatown!! I am very excited for you and like you I love doing my girls' hair!!

Lori

Unknown said...

Tiffanie - it is making me nervous that we were told we did not have to go to TECO - I wonder what the difference is - who goes and who does not? I am also worried about the family that had the "typo" found in the paperwork in Taiwan that could cos a problem. Guess I am just plain worried. Susie Q

Sarah k said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you... I am sure you are on cloud nine right now and by the way.. I love the room too! Too perfect for such a sweet little girl. Her face is just too perfect and just so sweet looking.. almost fragile. I imagine she has some amazing quite moments in that mind. She just seems to be such a thinker!

KB said...

Hi Tiffanie! What a fun post....congrats on getting to do all the "girlie" stuff! It won't be long now!!

Kristy

JackieMacD said...

SO exciting! So you had to go to TECO because hubby's not traveling, right? We were told that we didn't need to since we were both traveling. (of course we don't have a decree but nice to be prepared)

Can't wait to do girlie things together! Watch out Disneyland, we'll be there soon!

Expecting Good Things said...

yay!! Sounds like you are very ready. The ChinaTown idea was great! We are off on our family vacation to Disneyland in a week. Where is ChinaTown? I'd love to go there!