We heard today that we received 2nd and Final Decree. Gracyn is coming home!!! To be honest, it was a call mixed with emotions. I really thought that she would be home in time to celebrate her 2nd birthday with us. I set my hopes up to high - I still have in my calendar, "Gracyn's 2nd Birthday!! 1st @ home I PRAY!" - Instead I'm picking her up on the first of September.
I have nothing to complain about. Gracyn is coming home. I am so happy to know that we have a date. I know when I'll be able to hold her, smell her, and see her face in person for the very first time. With biological birth, unless it's a planned delivery, the date of arrival is one you can usually count on, but it's a surprise. With Gracyn, everything up until now has been unknown. I thank our Heavenly Father for giving me the strength to have finally arrived at the point in our journey. I pray that Gracyn will enjoy her last month with her foster family and that her second birthday will be special because she'll get to have two celebrations. One in her birth country, and one at home with us. . .Last time I checked, 2 year olds don't know they're days or months, or even their birthdays yet, so she'll never know, right?
She's spoiled already. . .I was thinking to myself, if her "Gotcha Day" was the same as her "Birthday" it would be special but they'd always be combined. . .well, there you have it. We'll always have two very special dates to celebrate individually, just a week apart. Perhaps a whole week of gifts for Gracyn every year. . .the last week of August will always be fun for our family!
Mommy is coming to get you Gracyn!!!! I Love you!
9 comments:
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!! I am sooo excited for you! :) I can't wait to see her in your arms my friend!!!!
BIG HUGS<
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Yipppeee!!! So excited for you! Can't wait to follow along!
Kristy
Congratulations again! I'm excited to read about your final preparations and meeting day.
I love how you always have such a great perspective on the good and not-so-good.
Yay!!! Bring "our" baby home :0) We are so excited for your family and can't wait to meet the newest addition. You know I'll be at the airport right?
Hugs and Kisses!
Auntie Valorie
Tiffanie: Wahoo! So glad to hear the good news! Still wish we could have traveled together - but we are both bringing our daughters home within a month of each other - that is something to celebrate! Congratulations on the great news! Susie Q
Tiffanie,
You amaze me with your ability to always see the positive!
CONGRATULATIONS again!!
A week long celebration for Gracyn every year sounds about right! She deserves it!
Take care, Lori, Sierra & Samantha!
WONDERFUL, wonderful news!! I do sense your disappointment, though, and I just thank God in advance that as soon as you have that little one in your arms... you'll know what all this was for! Party on ALL WEEK!!! :)
Courtney
Woo hoo!!!! Hang in there Gracyn!! Mommy and Daddy are coming!!!!!!!!!
This is so wonderful! I can't wait to see how your trip goes and all. I love pick up!!!!! I love travel call!!! I love happy endings!!
It isn't going to be very much longer and I'm getting so very excited for you!!! I've been trying to follow as closely as I can. Time is still a little scarce around here...please know that you are in my thoughts...
Lora
Post a Comment